EDG Consulting Engineers

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014
3.2

Gary Seedhouse

Good company with fair people and an opportunity to advance for those willing to do so.

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company management is fair and willing to give you a chance if you show that you understand what it takes to lead and appreciate that you need to know what you're doing before you try to lead. They appreciate your having a good knowledge base and will give you the chance to put it to use if you indicate an interest in doing so.

Cons

The company overall is pretty great but there are a few people here who think way too highly of themselves and their abilities. There are a couple more experienced engineers who expect respect no matter their capability or management style and a few younger ones that just seem like they should be given a free pass for showing up and knowing something. Not willing to earn their spot but rather demand it. Overall though the people are a big reason why this company is great.

If someone is not really as good as they think they are tell them. It will do wonders for the individual and for the company.

Disorganized and has no standards.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They try to have an event for the employees once a month. The sodas in the vending machine is cheep.

Cons

The HR interviewer made insulting comments, like "they probably pay you that much to keep you happy...you are a well paid employee where you are". They lied about upcoming projects. They hire people for short terms. The average veteran I have direct contact with is less than 2 years. Within a short period of time they went from having jobs to concerning employees with possible layoffs.

EDG has strayed from developing their people like they boast about in the interview. The interview process should have been a red flag that shows EDG doesn't train or keep up training on their employees. I have yet to see any training offered (safety, specific programs, code of conduct, ext.). Develop solid standard and stick by them. If you already have solid standards, then the ball was dropped on employee knowledge of them and where they are located.

Highly Unorganized Company

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small Projects, No personal growth, No proper work distribution, Only two week of vacation even if you have 20 years experience. Stay away.

Cons

No grass root projects, All maintenance work type of projects, No technology and expertise in any field, Not a single in house programs or soft wares. Uses others programs. No training to young engineers, Just hires fresh foreign graduates who are not resident and uses them by paying very low salary with lie that we will apply for the resident card. No one should consider this company. Do not believe what they say in Interview.

Get rid of old racist and religious fanatics. Hire young energetic engineers with broad experience. Get better experienced people and get better projects. There are only few core people and rest are temporary. All the core people and supervisors treats others very bad. They consider them as a religious but they are ready to slash your throat.

EDG Consulting Engineers Response

Oct 7, 2014Global Director of Talent Acquisition and Development

I'm sorry you feel unhappy. Please reach out to your supervisor and make them aware of your concerns or go to a Principal and voice it as we want to address any and all issues. To clarify, if you ... More

Simply the Best

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

EDG is growing unbelievably fast but they manage to keep that smaller company feel where everybody knows each other.EDG is also a place where if you show potential and work hard you can advance to where you would like to be. The pay and benefits are great and the office in Houston is conveniently located at the Beltway 8 and Westheimer. The other great thing about EDG that I have never seen anywhere else is the open door and approachability of management. When they say it they mean it here.

Cons

I have worked other places and there are no cons worth mentioning at EDG.

Continue in the current direction with the constant upgrading of equipment and software and the monthly employee events.

Decent place to work in the EPC industry

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

good place to begin career.

Cons

none as that I can point out

Awesome place for a career with tons of growth potential

Current Employee - Facilities Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Facilities Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunity, backlog of work

Cons

None, it's a great place to work

Keep doing what you're doing

No Future, No Advancement, No training and Unorganized

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

During Rough time they tend to try to keep their employees.
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Only a few people actually work and the rest just do small assigned tasks. Hard workers don't get the raises and appreciation that they deserve. Working at EDG, not only will you have to do your Job, but you will have to know how to do everyone else's jobs, including document control, administrative and design work when your an engineer.
    There's no accountability and responsibility, for example if you mess up instead of training you they assign the task or project to someone they know will do they job.
    It seems like a majority of the people that work here are in some form family related. Wife, sister, brother, Aunt etc.

Distribute work evenly or try. Take care of your working horses that try to make this a better place to work.

EDG Consulting Engineers Response

Oct 7, 2014Global Director of Talent Acquisition and Development

I'm sorry you feel as though an unfair amount of the work falls on the stronger employees. This is unfortunately sometimes the case and though not intentional, it does occur I'm sure. We are always ... More

The place to be

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

EDG is an environment where both junior and seasoned professionals can come together and collaborate in a employee friendly environment. Management supports your decisions and understands that we are all working toward a common goal. The company is employee owned and character driven. Work life balance is not a "buzz word" at EDG it is an actual best practice. There is no where that I could imagine working that would be better for me or my family.

Cons

Like many smaller (less than 2000 employee) companies EDG has been effected by the high costs of providing health care to the employees. The benefits package is not the greatest but it does provide competitive care but through a HSA (Health Savings Account) that takes some getting used to but is actually not too bad once you've built up funds in your account which takes about 6 months.

Keep doing what you're doing it seems to be working.

Good Place to Start

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

During good industry times there are plenty of oppourtunities for overtime and experiance.

Cons

Little to no training for employees. If you are a hard worker and have some knowledge of the industry then you will be their workhorse picking up the slack of everyone else that is just billing time. Poor project managment and resource allocation. Some employees end up working 60+ hours a week on 5 to 6 projects while others are limited to no more than 40 hours. Once you get involved in a specific area of projects there is no way out, you end up getting stuck doing the same thing. The company advertises career growth and diversity but that is hardly ever the case.

Work on resource allocation to projects to improve morale and overall efficiency. Provide industry training for new employees and work with under performing employees to improve their skills.

life work balance and great place to know more corporate and very hard services and very polite coworkers, small company

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

growth and strong management, flexibility, very polite coworkers and small company

Cons

poor salaries, poor development to employees , Demotivate , unfair in the permeation, non walking the talk , ego

need to improve salaries