EDL Consulting

Bill Loumpouridis

Great place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFriendly management
    Sharp people to work with
    Good pay

ConsLimited options to diversify your career path

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

A company just struggling to get by

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsNon Management folks to great to work this.

ConsEDL never seemed to have a good story for its customers. Why would someone choose EDL?

Amazing

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAmazing place to kick-start your consulting career. Top management is extremely friendly and supportive. Will learn a lot of amazing things about the booming cloud computing and ecommerce sector. Company has grown with a steady rate if not rampantly like some of the consulting firms have grown. Promotions are fair and are mostly duration based so everyone gets promoted.
    E-commerce is their pillar around which they are now building a complete set of expertise. I see this company grow rapidly.

ConsCompensation little low but I think should grow as the company grows.
    Other than that I don't see any downside to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales need to be a little more aggressive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

EDL Consulting has enabled me to become a better and more professional software architect.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEDL is a virtual company enabling employees to live anywhere is the US so long as its reasonably close to an airport. Bonus criteria are clearly defined and fair. Benefits are excellent.

ConsTravel is required (Mon morn to Thu evening) and while my travel has been less than 50%, it's unfortunately inevitable that the travel interferes with life at home once or twice per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the development of EDL's talent and take a long-term view of that development. Send folks to more training and conferences and don't count training as a negative towards bonuses.

Fantastic

(Current Employee)

ProsEDL is an excellent group of people. The technical folks are always helpful and readily give advice. The management team is excellent as well, but there can sometimes be a disconnect with them. E-Commerce is their specialty and their CloudCraze product is fun to work on. It has improved tremendously over the past year.

ConsWorking remotely has its drawbacks. Compensation on the low end.

EDL Consulting VP, Talent Management responded to this review

Oct 17, 2013

Our employees care about satisfying the client and embrace the role of a consultant. Our mangement team has evolved and strives to be collaborative and receptive. EDL is gaining momentum with its ... More

Not great Not bad

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsWork life balance. Learning opportunities.

ConsPeer competency, Compensation, Less number of Challenges offered,

OK.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat technical folks - friendly, helpful, work hard to maintain client relationships
    Flexible work schedule, even if work involves many long hours
    Fair compensation (not better, not worse than comparable companies)

ConsNot much mentoring and training
    Not many growth opportunities and no concerted effort made to move to a model of owning more projects
    Company vision/strategy not communicated well
    Very random approach to assigning consultants on projects - no planning involved

Advice to Senior Managementmanagers need to spend more time with employees. Sometimes weeks or months go by before an employee is reached out to by a manager.

Short but good

Associate Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsClose Tight Team. Use latest technology and better growth rate. Management is nice and understands your needs. Traveling consultant is the best.

ConsLow salary. No Job security and small company. There is no certainty on whether or not you will have a project to work on once you current one ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of changes in a very short time can damage the reputation of the company. There is a need to have more clients.

Worked for EDL Consulting? Contribute to the Community!