EDR Reviews

Randy Churchey

1. Leasing Professional

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at EDR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere, the friendliness, the customer service, etc are top notch.

Cons

Alot of changes going on with the Community Assistants that are going to make it very difficult to work as a full time employee.

2. Leasing and Marketing Manager

I have been working at EDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is definitely one of the best positions I've had and I can truly see myself being with EdR for many years to come. Home Office provides great training for all employees, especially for new managers that step into the Leasing and Marketing Manager role. I definitely felt prepared and confident in being able to do my job well upon returning from training. The staff at my located is great to work with and it is very friendly environment. I am always pumped to go into work and work with my co-workers as everyone is very open about things that are going on at the property. If there is an issue that comes up, there is always a discussion on how to solve it and we are always able to ask Home Office for help and support.

Cons

Turn can be a very stressful time, however one month out of the year is not bad at all. Getting pre-leased to occupancy can become stressful sometimes if there is a lot of focus on numbers if there is not a lot of movement. This can be a bit stressful when you are utilizing all the tools and resources at your disposal and there isn't much improvement. Overall, everyone is very supportive when it comes to things like this.

Leasing & Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Leasing & Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing & Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at EDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best company I have ever worked for! Not only is the pay great (they have weekly and monthly leasing contests and bonuses) but they genuinely care about their employees. There are always opportunities to grow and your opinions/ideas are heard. For example, my Community Manager wanted a walking treadmill in her office and they approved the purchase and its hefty price tag, no questions asked. I've received personal emails from top executives telling me about how great I'm doing. I wish I could give them SIX stars.

Cons

Be prepared to work the entire month of August for turn. It's kind of hard with a family and having to work late hours. But that is expected in any student housing company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

5. Great support structure and team feel.

Former Employee - Leasing Manager
    Former Employee - Leasing Manager

Pros

Support Friendly Innovative Flexible Reports

Cons

Not much growth to corporate Training

6. The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at EDR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training is always available. Either online, by telephone or personal if needed. You will never ask a question and feel like it was a "dumb" question because Home Office is so supportive of everything. Long term employees that make you feel like more than just a coworker. Having a regional manager that is very supportive is probably one of the best parts of my job. Upper management is great and always fun and supportive as well. A great company that supports both professional growth and is very understanding in personal/medical issues that may arise. 401k matching, health insurance, employee stock purchase options...too many pros to list them all.

Cons

Not too many cons. Other than the crazy times in the year that completely exhaust you but you know that's short lived and life will go back to normal soon. Some reporting procedures could be consolidated to help free up a bit of time.

7. An excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the housing industry

Former Employee - Community Assistant in Bloomsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Community Assistant in Bloomsburg, PA

I worked at EDR part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling of hours for college students Ability to work for free rent while still earning some money on the side Excellent online training from GraceHill Great team of co-workers and management Facilities are up to date and very clean

Cons

Even when you are not on the clock you are still working the job to some extent Some policies are made by the corporate office rather than from the bottom up Some residents can test your patience

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to incorporate ideas from the bottom up

RSS Feed </> Embed