EFG Eurobank Ergasias

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nicholas C. Nanopoulos

Intern

ProsBig company and demanding atmosphere. There are opportunities to develop your career.

ConsThe interns' compensation was low.

Nice place to start from, not advised to stay there for long.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsFast-paced, competitive environment, very good place to start your professional career from, you get to learn a lot of interesting tools and methodologies.

ConsNo room for career evolution, lots of politics involved when it comes to promotions/salary raises, high pressure

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your valued members motivated, reward and encourage out-of-the-box thinking.

Antagonistic, long working hours not necessarily productive

Project Manager (Current Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsGood salaries and bonuses (stock options),
    Learning a lot for the industry
    Possibility for promotion

Consmeritocracy issues, competitive attitude without morality

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance was the main reason to leave the company
    People with no real qualification would advance in hierarchy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only "good people" get promoted: they have just one degree, no job experience, and they are mostly above 40 years old

More Than Two Master Degrees, Many Years of Job Experience (Former Employee) Thessaloníki (Greece)

ProsNothing at all, not a single positive aspect

ConsThe managers - (mostly "good people become managers")- treat employees like rubbish, they use slang words while talking to employees. Of course, the top managers are aware about those situations, but they do nothing to change them. Simply because, "no one touches their good people".

Advice to Senior ManagementTypical Greek culture of "getting things done only with the people that have relations with politicians or with the top managers all others are just useless", what to expect?

Internal Communications Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice and friendly people. Good office environment.

ConsNot enough workload. There were days that I had nothing to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire interns unless you need them!

Nice place to work

ProsA lot of challenges, security, benefits

Conspressing environment, hard work not always appreciated or rewarded

Corporate Banking: Relationship Manager Summer Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHighly qualified and motivated personnel. Very good working environment. EFG is one of the four systemic banks of Greece, and thus you get to work with and develop relations with all the key players in the Greek Market.

ConsAt the moment there are no real placement opportunities, following the summer internship. Moreover, this path is available only at limited locations.

A good company to get experience and move to a better company

Supervisor (Current Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsGives the opportunity to obtain multiple experiences

ConsNo career advancement and no use of the evaluation results

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to use employees with skills in order to replace employees with connections within the organization.

Banking sector in the Balkans - hard times

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsSalary, Place of work, Chance for better career development

ConsLack of coordination, Pressure without results

Advice to Senior ManagementTo manage properly

Demoralizing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsAs one of the larger private Greek banks with an expanding network into emerging markets, it had the potential to be a very exciting place to work.

ConsLengthly, highly detailed annual reviews that were meaningless. A complete lack of transparency about pretty much everything related to position within the bank including grade level, salary levels, career path etc. Advancement and remuneration had little to do with merit and were certainly not linked to annual reviews. Management regularly paid lip service to current marketplace "values" and were startling in lack of any management skills or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn working environment characterized by hypocricy is very demotivating. Can only hope that major changes brought about by the financial crisis and nationalization will ultimately make it a better place to work.

Worked for EFG Eurobank Ergasias? Contribute to the Community!