EFK Group Reviews

4.5
Eleanor Kubacki

1. Assistant Account Manager

I have been working at EFK Group full-time

Pros

- Amazing Opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of advertising - Great culture inside the office, always food available, music playing in the background, no cubicles so you know your co-workers - Everyone holds each other accountable for great work

Cons

- Long agency hours - Need to be Mac savvy

2. Good internship to get the intro to advertising

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at EFK Group as an intern

Pros

Learned how an ad agency works. Worked on some real work. Blogging forced me to learn more about advertising, which vastly helped me. EVERYONE is amazing at this agency - talent and personality.

Cons

Very small agency - hard to work with big clients. A lot of down time for interns if your not a creative. Unpaid. This is definitely a great resume builder. Use this internship to get into bigger agencies in the city or else where.

3. Amazing Hands on Internship

Current Intern - New Business and Marketing Intern in Trenton, NJ
    Current Intern - New Business and Marketing Intern in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at EFK Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-I was able to say what my career goals were and everyone at the agency helped me on a path to achieve those goals. -They continue to help you on your career path even after the internship has concluded -You get to work hands on with the CEO and other heads of the company, so not only do you learn entry level skills but also get to see how the big picture decisions are made. -The atmosphere and workplace is phenomenal. You never feel like you are just sitting in an office and everyone is very friendly. -They give you enough space as an intern to really get creative and help the company instead of just doing typical intern tasks. At the same time give enough guidance so you don't make to many mistakes

Cons

Sometimes I felt that they jumped from one task to another so quickly because they were so anxious to grow and gain new clients as well as keep their current clients happy. While this is by no means a negative I felt it could have been done in a more organized way.

5. Great Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Intern in Trenton, NJ

Pros

I really enjoyed my internship. They really gave me many opportunities to learn. I got to work on commercials and concept. It was cool.

Cons

The office gets noisy and I had to answer phones.

6. The best experience I've had an an intern; you're actually able to gain experience rather than just making coffee runs.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Trenton, NJ

Pros

They genuinely want their interns to gain experience first hand; they never belittle Interns by giving them errands to run

Cons

Sometimes parking can get tough

Advice to Management

The EFK Staff personally take Interns under their wing in order to give one-on-one individualized attention

7. Opportunity for professional growth and to work with decision makers every day.

Former Employee - Intern/New Business Development in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern/New Business Development in Trenton, NJ

Pros

Started as an intern at EFK Group and was hired after graduation to work on new business development. The best part about EFK Group is being able to work directly with the CEO of the company, Eleanor, who is one of the coolest, nicest and most creative people you'll meet. EFK Group is the kind of place where, if you have a good idea, and you are committed to making it happen, they will let you develop it and run with it. Working at this company allowed me to grow immensely as a professional, learn an extraordinary amount while on the job, and also build strong relationships with the people that work there. If you are given the opportunity to work at EFK Group, jump at it.

Cons

If you do not make it clear what you want to be working on you may end up doing tasks that you have very little passion for. You have to take initiative and be clear about what direction you want your career to go in, and they will listen and most likely oblige.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow your employees/interns to have some creative freedom and responsibilities. Make sure everyone has a passion for the project they are working on and the results will be exponentially greater.

8. A fun but overall disappointing internship

Former Employee - Intern in Trenton, NJ

Pros

Small company so lots of chances to make an impression. Cool building that really allows the creative ideas to flow.

Cons

Not the best neighborhood, I was a little scared being there after dark. Small company, made it clear early on they didn't hire interns. Came here wanting to learn cutting edge marketing ideas, wound up working on tired internet ideas from 3 years ago.

9. Wonderful CEO

Former Employee - Intern in Trenton, NJ

Pros

Small company, CEO really takes you under her wing.

Cons

As an intern they give you a few tasks that are are a bit demeaning like coffee runs... but thats part of being an intern.

RSS Feed </> Embed