EFK Group

Add Photos

Eleanor Kubacki

Amazing Hands on Internship

New Business and Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

Pros-I was able to say what my career goals were and everyone at the agency helped me on a path to achieve those goals.

-They continue to help you on your career path even after the internship has concluded

-You get to work hands on with the CEO and other heads of the company, so not only do you learn entry level skills but also get to see how the big picture decisions are made.

-The atmosphere and workplace is phenomenal. You never feel like you are just sitting in an office and everyone is very friendly.

-They give you enough space as an intern to really get creative and help the company instead of just doing typical intern tasks. At the same time give enough guidance so you don't make to many mistakes

ConsSometimes I felt that they jumped from one task to another so quickly because they were so anxious to grow and gain new clients as well as keep their current clients happy. While this is by no means a negative I felt it could have been done in a more organized way.

Good internship to get the intro to advertising

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned how an ad agency works.
    Worked on some real work.
    Blogging forced me to learn more about advertising, which vastly helped me.
    EVERYONE is amazing at this agency - talent and personality.

ConsVery small agency - hard to work with big clients.
    A lot of down time for interns if your not a creative.
    Unpaid.
    This is definitely a great resume builder. Use this internship to get into bigger agencies in the city or else where.

Great Internship

Intern (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsI really enjoyed my internship. They really gave me many opportunities to learn. I got to work on commercials and concept. It was cool.

ConsThe office gets noisy and I had to answer phones.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best experience I've had an an intern; you're actually able to gain experience rather than just making coffee runs.

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsThey genuinely want their interns to gain experience first hand; they never belittle Interns by giving them errands to run

ConsSometimes parking can get tough

Advice to Senior ManagementThe EFK Staff personally take Interns under their wing in order to give one-on-one individualized attention

Opportunity for professional growth and to work with decision makers every day.

Intern/New Business Development (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsStarted as an intern at EFK Group and was hired after graduation to work on new business development. The best part about EFK Group is being able to work directly with the CEO of the company, Eleanor, who is one of the coolest, nicest and most creative people you'll meet. EFK Group is the kind of place where, if you have a good idea, and you are committed to making it happen, they will let you develop it and run with it. Working at this company allowed me to grow immensely as a professional, learn an extraordinary amount while on the job, and also build strong relationships with the people that work there. If you are given the opportunity to work at EFK Group, jump at it.

ConsIf you do not make it clear what you want to be working on you may end up doing tasks that you have very little passion for. You have to take initiative and be clear about what direction you want your career to go in, and they will listen and most likely oblige.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to allow your employees/interns to have some creative freedom and responsibilities. Make sure everyone has a passion for the project they are working on and the results will be exponentially greater.

A fun but overall disappointing internship

Intern (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsSmall company so lots of chances to make an impression.
    Cool building that really allows the creative ideas to flow.

ConsNot the best neighborhood, I was a little scared being there after dark.
    Small company, made it clear early on they didn't hire interns.
    Came here wanting to learn cutting edge marketing ideas, wound up working on tired internet ideas from 3 years ago.

Wonderful CEO

Intern (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsSmall company, CEO really takes you under her wing.

ConsAs an intern they give you a few tasks that are are a bit demeaning like coffee runs... but thats part of being an intern.

Worked for EFK Group? Contribute to the Community!