EMC

3.5 1,831 reviews

EMC Chairman, President, and CEO Joe Tucci

Joe Tucci

(1,218 ratings)

Pros
  • work/life balance is pretty good, a lot of trainings if you have time to attend(in 164 reviews)

• There is also good flexibility around shifts or if there is the need to work from home(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little work/life balance - and not just in the US but in Europe as well(in 84 reviews)

• Becoming a really big company - small raises, can be political, but that goes with the territory of being at(in 44 reviews)

1,831 Employee Reviews

Best place to work

ProsDoor to Door Pick and drop
    Good shift allowance
    Nice work culture
    No micro managment

ConsAfter this company you cannot think of switching

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Great workplace and culture, and very friendly people and managers.

Intern (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork atmosphere, transparency within the system

ConsNot appropriate if you are into hardcore development or innovation, and not the greatest pay

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps push the guys to apply themselves much more

Best big company I've ever worked for

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsAlways new technology to learn about and to add to product portfolio (double-edged sword, see below). Strong sense of corporate, division, and team support. Good compensation and benefits. Strong leadership at CEO and industry level, and decent agility in market.

ConsNo clear career path/options due to flat hierarchy and relevant roles. Non-stop product learning and sales cycle, but to be expected in sales team. Disconnect between corporate, commercial sales perspective vs realities of Federal sales (though this is quickly closing!).

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating more roles/opportunity for upward movement and leadership.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice company

ProsGood working hours and environment, good benefits

Consnone that i am aware of

Advice to Senior ManagementYou rock!

Awesome Place to WORK

Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsNo Comments Only Likes.
    I completing 3yrs in EMC,Bangalore with 1yr of Internship

Work / Life balance is awesome
    Self Learning is preferred, still ask other team members
    Monthly Bday parties, Quaterly Outing, Chillax time with all team members
    Deadlines for project negotiated before a month, so GOOD planning stratergy
    Company Revenue is in Average ~ Good

Cons" ALL IT Company Employee have the same problem === SALARY HIKE !!!! "

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to uplift with New Projects and Technology

iam fresher iam nt work any where.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosemc company is a very big company ,my neibhors are talking in this company,
    ,in this company excellent opportunities.and salaries are highe provide.

Consteam work,promotions,personal growth.pets some one of the life achevimente.

Advice to Senior Managementsir give a one chance to candaites,next we will prove the our tallent.

A great working experience

ProsA highly technical collaborative environment.

ConsA large company so existing processes can slow some tasks down.

Consultant Program Manager (Technical)

Consultant Program Manager (Technical) (Current Employee) Hopkinton, MA

ProsThe benefits are even or PAR with other high Tech companies.The culture is very good, very diverse, harmoniums, collaborative and creative. Everyone's ideas are heard and treated with respect. The training is outstanding, with both internal and external sources for training. Cross functional environment and heavy into project management and Six Sigma. They have awards for performance that is freely given. Job Well done!

ConsSalary increases, promotions, stock incentives are slow, low, and sometimes not at all. Many who leave EMC is to get higher salaries and intensives. Some come back after they get the increases from other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary increases, promotions, and serious career discussions.

EMC is a diverse workplace with great benefits and employees who genuinely care about their jobs.

Associate Program Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsMost of the people I work with (here in Santa Clara) are very open-minded, collaborative, and have the main goal in mind: Deliver the best possible service to our customers. The benefits are great. For example, when I took a maternity leave, our company offers the Short Term Disability Buy Up Program, and if enrolled, you are covered through MetLife which is EMC's own insurance, so as to make sure you receive your regular salary while you are on Maternity Leave. I thought this was awesome as many companies just leave you hanging, and you only get what the state is willing to give you.

The managers here are great, and always willing to help you reach not only your career goals but personal goals as well. The company has a program where they will pay for your higher education and certifications as well. There are many perks to working here at EMC. My experience has been fantastic.

We have free coffee, tea, soda, snacks, cereal and milk which is great! There is also a free gym on site.

Did I mention VERY competitive pay?

ConsThe cafeteria is not very good in our building (lacks in terms of quality and I've dealt with some, lets just say "moldy" situations)

Advice to Senior ManagementFor some reason my bonuses were taken away, not sure why that happened, it was explained in a very fuzzy manner. I still received a raise but I'm unclear as to why I no longer receive quarterly bonuses or participate in the quarterly Goals program...?? Maybe some better communication is needed.

"Best Company in World"

Web Developer (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

Proslot of opportunity to learn new technology

Conseverything fine nice place to work

Advice to Senior Managementnothing to advice all good in place

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!