EMC Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

1,918 Reviews

EMC Chairman, President, and CEO Joe Tucci
Joe Tucci
1,273 Ratings

Pros
  • work/life balance is pretty good, a lot of trainings if you have time to attend (in 164 reviews)

• There is also good flexibility around shifts or if there is the need to work from home (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little work/life balance - and not just in the US but in Europe as well (in 84 reviews)

• Becoming a really big company - small raises, can be political, but that goes with the territory of being at (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

60 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great place to work

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

too good to work for life

Cons

great place to work in bay area

EMC is a highly dynamic company expanding the portfolio of products and services everyday.

Former Employee - Director, Renewals  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Renewals in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well established
    Focused
    Heavy on resources
    Leader in the industry

Cons

I was west coast based and all attention is focused on east coast and doing business that way
    Not flexible
    Little to no career advancement

Embrace those attitudes and business practices of the companies you acquire. In addition trust that different regions have different and sometime better ways of attacking and succeeding in business.

Nice people, nice management, great environment

Former Employee - Intern  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at EMC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyone was nice and pleasant. The company is very traditional in a sense but also takes much from modern day companies and applies it well. Management was very kind and understanding of any issues and tried to help me out.

Cons

There needs to be more clarification on what people expect from you when you first start so you can have some direction

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have worked in EMC US for half year

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at EMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible work style, and no big pressure on the deliverable. life balanced. free coffee and instance noodle.

Cons

so quite in the office, and no advanced technology. re-org happened frequently. Lunch is bad and not free.

keep the team stable and communicable.

Nice Company to work

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at EMC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

working culture, Manager was nice, team member were nice.

Cons

no benefits for contractors, No training for contractors

EMC is a diverse workplace with great benefits and employees who genuinely care about their jobs.

Current Employee - Associate Program Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people I work with (here in Santa Clara) are very open-minded, collaborative, and have the main goal in mind: Deliver the best possible service to our customers. The benefits are great. For example, when I took a maternity leave, our company offers the Short Term Disability Buy Up Program, and if enrolled, you are covered through MetLife which is EMC's own insurance, so as to make sure you receive your regular salary while you are on Maternity Leave. I thought this was awesome as many companies just leave you hanging, and you only get what the state is willing to give you.

The managers here are great, and always willing to help you reach not only your career goals but personal goals as well. The company has a program where they will pay for your higher education and certifications as well. There are many perks to working here at EMC. My experience has been fantastic.

We have free coffee, tea, soda, snacks, cereal and milk which is great! There is also a free gym on site.

Did I mention VERY competitive pay?

Cons

The cafeteria is not very good in our building (lacks in terms of quality and I've dealt with some, lets just say "moldy" situations)

For some reason my bonuses were taken away, not sure why that happened, it was explained in a very fuzzy manner. I still received a raise but I'm unclear as to why I no longer receive quarterly bonuses or participate in the quarterly Goals program...?? Maybe some better communication is needed.

Architect

Former Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible working hours , good sized cubical, lots of training opportunities, good salary.
    enough parking space. cheap food, good facilities like GYM, Yoga classes etc.
    Good colleagues.

Cons

lot of emphasis on hierarchy/rules, you have to submit ticket for almost every thing.

open up things and encourage creativity.

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are great. There's a lot of diversity and you'll work with all types of personalities. EMC also offers good benefits, corporate discounts, community events, and nice facilities.

Cons

There is often a large workload for a limited amount of resources. Depending on the management, this can lead to overloaded employees, low to zero work-life balance, and high burn-out rates.

Good place to work

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is specific to DataDomain EMC only. It is very stable here. Good benefits. Flexible work hours depending on your manager. Friendly people.

Cons

Just about the same cons as you would expect from big corporations... I have nothing to add..

Benefits needs to be tailored to the location of the office.

EMC is great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management is able to make changes that are aligned with the market and promotes openness and innovation on a day to day basis.

Cons

Working in Corporate office should be good. But working in Satellite office with remote core team is challenging with very limited interactions due to travel constraints. Internal moves are not there in satellite office (I hear they are there in Corp office).

It will be nice to have stronger HR with more opportunities to move within the organization

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!