EMCOR (Connecticut)

EMCOR (Connecticut) Reviews

2.8

EMCOR (Connecticut) CEO Anthony J. Guzzi
Anthony J. Guzzi

No one knows what anyone else is doing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

A really good learning opportunity, I am able to be involved in a lot more than I was hired to do

Cons

I've had my benefits downgraded 3 times in four years, an insultingly small raise despite consistently 'exceeding expectations'

My account manager never communicates changes to my job site - we have learned about every single change well after implementation

They will lose contracts if they don't make changes...

Current Employee - Site Based - Part of RBOS
    Current Employee - Site Based - Part of RBOS

Pros

I enjoyed working with the mechanics, but management was pitiful or should I say non-existent.

Cons

Corporate didn't care about issues at the site, as long as costs were in check and reports were turned in on time.

Get a clue, you will lose contracts - the customer is not happy and you have an unqualified manager running your site.

So what good

Former Employee - Facilities Services
    Former Employee - Facilities Services

Pros

Talk a god games to get you started

Cons

This company can mislead you with work and school

Managerment will mislead you in the things they tell you

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Emcor CSC in Arizona

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Tons of overtime available if you ever need extra money.They are open 24 hours, 365 days a year so if they like you, hours are flexible.

Cons

Lots of mandatory overtime and the call center floor manager is really rude and talks badly about employees when they are on their break. Extremely high turnover rate because of this and the fast-paced flow of calls.

Please behave in a professional manner, dating employees is highly unethical and bad for morale.

Very Proffesional company

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic II  in  Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic II in Danbury, CT

Pros

this company give a chance to everyone with some serious sklils to improve and become even better .

Cons

none to be observed during mt employment with This company

Continue in the right direction.

No reason to excel

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Coworkers were fun to work with. I enjoyed interacting with many of the people on the phone.

Cons

The wages at the call center were poor. Management was very confrontational, hostile, and unprofessional. Interactions with supervisors were very negative. The new technology being implemented made it very difficult to work efficiently.

Be nicer to people and pay them more. Stay positive. Be the person you would want to work for.

nothing great

Former Employee - Business Manager  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Norwalk, CT

Pros

some of the people are nice

Cons

boys network. if you're one of the in crowd, you're ok - you get increases and big discretionary bonuses. If you're not in the club, you get overlooked.

don't support people just because they're friends of the president

Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Viox Dispatch Customer Service Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Viox Dispatch Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

Pros

I love talking to our customers and mechanics! Ample training is provided from day one, employees have confidence they are providing the superior service the company is known for.

Cons

Employee retention is high, sometimes it is a wait to advance to the next level. In the meantime, there are all kinds of training programs available to enhance performance and prepare for the next step in your career.

Keep up the fantastic training programs. I have learned so much, I know whatever lies ahead in my career I will be ready.

The actual job is interesting and challenging

Current Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Norristown, PA

Pros

Good pay and benefits package

Cons

Business is declining and clients are lost too often

Weed out the upper management that knows nothing about thw type of work we do and listen more to the employees, they have great ideas to increase profits and customers.

A decent place to work temporarily. You can make a good salary with overtime, which is common.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

Pros

The health benefits are excellent, and the pay is always on time. Also, it is a large company so others have heard of it and can look it up. The work was somewhat meaningful: helping companies recover from emergencies.

Cons

You can feel like an anonymous drone. Upper level management and even those 1 level above you can treat you like slugs. Many people get promotions or jobs based on who they know, and they are completely unqualified, which is frustrating when you're trying to get something done. A lot of politics between account managers keep things from going smoothly. Every account has a different procedure which makes it difficult to learn and prone to errors. After hours accounts are a nightmare.

Be more open with the employees about what is going on to develop rapport and keep employees longer. Also, I think so much hinges on these calls, and the call center is so small, that you could pay the csrs more. This would create long term employment and loyalty, and also attract better CSRs with problem solving capabilities. How much money is lost through CSR mistakes and through people having to double check those who double checked every call. Perhaps at least pay the managers more to ensure highly competent people in positions of power.

Worked for EMCOR (Connecticut)? Contribute to the Community!