EMCOR (Connecticut)

Be The First To
Add Photos

EMCOR (Connecticut) CEO Anthony J. Guzzi

Anthony J. Guzzi

No one knows what anyone else is doing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA really good learning opportunity, I am able to be involved in a lot more than I was hired to do

ConsI've had my benefits downgraded 3 times in four years, an insultingly small raise despite consistently 'exceeding expectations'

Advice to Senior ManagementMy account manager never communicates changes to my job site - we have learned about every single change well after implementation

They will lose contracts if they don't make changes...

Site Based - Part of RBOS (Current Employee)

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoyed working with the mechanics, but management was pitiful or should I say non-existent.

ConsCorporate didn't care about issues at the site, as long as costs were in check and reports were turned in on time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue, you will lose contracts - the customer is not happy and you have an unqualified manager running your site.

So what good

Facilities Services (Former Employee)

I worked at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTalk a god games to get you started

ConsThis company can mislead you with work and school

Advice to Senior ManagementManagerment will mislead you in the things they tell you

Emcor CSC in Arizona

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTons of overtime available if you ever need extra money.They are open 24 hours, 365 days a year so if they like you, hours are flexible.

ConsLots of mandatory overtime and the call center floor manager is really rude and talks badly about employees when they are on their break. Extremely high turnover rate because of this and the fast-paced flow of calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease behave in a professional manner, dating employees is highly unethical and bad for morale.

Very Proffesional company

Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee)
Danbury, CT

I worked at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthis company give a chance to everyone with some serious sklils to improve and become even better .

Consnone to be observed during mt employment with This company

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue in the right direction.

No reason to excel

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than a year

ProsCoworkers were fun to work with. I enjoyed interacting with many of the people on the phone.

ConsThe wages at the call center were poor. Management was very confrontational, hostile, and unprofessional. Interactions with supervisors were very negative. The new technology being implemented made it very difficult to work efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to people and pay them more. Stay positive. Be the person you would want to work for.

nothing great

Business Manager (Former Employee)
Norwalk, CT

I worked at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 5 years

Prossome of the people are nice

Consboys network. if you're one of the in crowd, you're ok - you get increases and big discretionary bonuses. If you're not in the club, you get overlooked.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't support people just because they're friends of the president

Great place to work and grow.

Viox Dispatch Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI love talking to our customers and mechanics! Ample training is provided from day one, employees have confidence they are providing the superior service the company is known for.

ConsEmployee retention is high, sometimes it is a wait to advance to the next level. In the meantime, there are all kinds of training programs available to enhance performance and prepare for the next step in your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the fantastic training programs. I have learned so much, I know whatever lies ahead in my career I will be ready.

The actual job is interesting and challenging

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)
Norristown, PA

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay and benefits package

ConsBusiness is declining and clients are lost too often

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the upper management that knows nothing about thw type of work we do and listen more to the employees, they have great ideas to increase profits and customers.

A decent place to work temporarily. You can make a good salary with overtime, which is common.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at EMCOR (Connecticut)

ProsThe health benefits are excellent, and the pay is always on time. Also, it is a large company so others have heard of it and can look it up. The work was somewhat meaningful: helping companies recover from emergencies.

ConsYou can feel like an anonymous drone. Upper level management and even those 1 level above you can treat you like slugs. Many people get promotions or jobs based on who they know, and they are completely unqualified, which is frustrating when you're trying to get something done. A lot of politics between account managers keep things from going smoothly. Every account has a different procedure which makes it difficult to learn and prone to errors. After hours accounts are a nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with the employees about what is going on to develop rapport and keep employees longer. Also, I think so much hinges on these calls, and the call center is so small, that you could pay the csrs more. This would create long term employment and loyalty, and also attract better CSRs with problem solving capabilities. How much money is lost through CSR mistakes and through people having to double check those who double checked every call. Perhaps at least pay the managers more to ensure highly competent people in positions of power.

Worked for EMCOR (Connecticut)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMCOR (Connecticut) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EMCOR (Connecticut) CEO Anthony J. Guzzi. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by EMCOR (Connecticut) employees.