EMG Corp Reviews

Claude Limoges

Great people, long hours

Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager
    Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager

I have been working at EMG Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility while working from home is great, pretty decent benefits and friendly staff (for the most part)

Cons

Extremely long hours sometimes for project managers. Field management will send you somewhere that takes 4-6 hours to get there, but because it's not that far in mileage you are expected to go there and return in same day. With so little notice given before long travel, you can pretty much say goodbye to any possible schedule or commitment in evenings during the week, which makes planning with friends or family impossible.

Advice to Management

Provide further notice when you're expected to be gone, and give some travel days and days to catch up on administrative items. So many weekends are spent doing time sheets, expenses, benefits review, travel arrangements etc. it would be nice to have some time during the week to get that stuff done and not have to extend the work days into the late evenings.

Jul 23, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions for improvement! You have really brought to light something that is probably often overlooked- the administrative side of our field staff's job ... More

Good Company

I have been working at EMG Corp full-time

Pros

Management is really interested in making this a better place to work. The firm is growing at a rapid pace.

Cons

Long strenuous work hours. You may have to very well give up your personal life to work for this company.

Jul 23, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to visit our page and write a review- we really value your feedback! I would love the opportunity to learn more about your current work schedule and brainstorm ways ... More

Work

I have been working at EMG Corp full-time

Pros

Family oriented atmosphere, leader in industry, great people

Cons

stressful, volume of business ebbs and flows

Jun 23, 2015 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your positive feedback- I agree, EMG does have GREAT employees :) As we continue to grow, we can certainly expect to encounter some busy times. That being said, we are working our ... More

Employee

Pros

I love working here! We have a wonderful leadership team guiding us, the work is meaningful, and there is room to grow. It's professional, yet fun and laid back. EMG is honest and caring above all!

Cons

It's really a great place to work.

Jun 23, 2015 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for the positive feedback!!!

PM

Pros

Work from home if you are remote - allows for some flexibility when you are not on the road. Company leadership is quite talented and great people. Management is very concerned about the bump in revenues without added profitability and they hope to address the fundamental core that is teetering on dysfunctional.

Cons

Poor division of life/work - manager encouraging that you answer emails on your own time or telling you to ignore emails altogether. Very little accountability, on-the-fly training for complex tasks within the report delivery system. Conflicting directions from people with different agendas, poor planning on projects and execution, PMs suffer cheapo flights with long layovers and connections that cost you your Sunday and saves the company money on direct flights....which would be cheap if they could only plan in advance. So much rush-rush urgency that is self-inflicted and so unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Join a PM for a few days in the field and you'll see how long and hard the people at the bottom work to support the company and the challenges they face that are created by management.

May 22, 2015 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you so much for all your hard work- I am sure you do not hear it enough! Also, thank you for honest feedback - we value both positive AND negative feedback as we are continually looking for ... More

Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at EMG Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People enjoy the culture and dynamic President - although this could be getting old as there are flaws he is aware of in several processes.

Cons

Cheapest company on earth, no real health benefits, lots of talk with very little action

Advice to Management

Make sure that everyone plays be the rules instead of giving preferential treatment to a few

Jul 23, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for visiting our page on Glassdoor and for your honest feedback- we take these reviews very seriously and use them for improvement. Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, but if you would like ... More

Little regard for employees and safety

Former Employee - A&E Project Manager in West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - A&E Project Manager in West Covina, CA

I worked at EMG Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Liked most of the work; it was a pretty good fit for my experience and skills.

Cons

Poor communication, not much support, little regard for Project Managers safety, basically no one cared about you, just getting the report in on time. Everyone seemed overworked and scrambling -- no time for them to help you with your job. "Get that roof shot no matter the consequences". Unrealistic time and site visit expectations too.

Advice to Management

Care more about job safety, improve communications, support, supervision, and training. Get more help to PMs.

Terrible Place to Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at EMG Corp full-time

Pros

-Fun people to work with -Always food around the office -causal work place

Cons

-management sucks -seemed kinda racist -low pay

Advice to Management

-Hire Better Managers -Treat Clients with a lot more respect.

10. Great place, great atmosphere!

Pros

Great work environment with devoted and committed employees. Everyone at work WANTS to be there, which you do not see often.

Cons

Office space is dated, but will be expanding soon!

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

May 22, 2015 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are always looking for new and fun ideas to keep our co-workers happy! The new office is something that will accommodate our growth, speak to our amazing ... More

Unprofessional and disappointing

I worked at EMG Corp full-time

Pros

Liked the casual attire. Could wear jeans anytime. Ability to work from home. Decent amount of vacation.

Cons

Super unprofessional. Beer should not be served to employees at 4pm on a Friday. It's irresponsible and dangerous. Job description pretty much changed daily. If you weren't a manager you weren't appreciated. Too many management changes, all managers contradicted each other. Would be told one thing, and then would be yelled at about it the next day. No breaks allowed. Pay was WAY under standard. Didn't take employee opinions into consideration, only did what was best for the executive team. Don't ever expect to get credit for your own ideas. Age discrimination. Held it against you if you worked from home. No opportunity to advance, they just hired over you. No game plan, everything was done on a whim. Very unorganized company.

Advice to Management

Have less employees and pay them more. Actually value all employees instead of just acting like you do. Treat everyone as equal and take all employees' thoughts into consideration when making big changes, like changing locations of the office. Be more professional.

RSS Feed </> Embed