EMS (Education Management Solutions)

www.ems-works.com
  www.ems-works.com

EMS (Education Management Solutions) Reviews

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
2.3

EMS (Education Management Solutions) President & CEO Anurag Singh
Anurag Singh

Great people. Solid company.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Great management.

Cons

Finding good reliable employees. Limited pay. Many different personalities.

None

Distrust...

I have been working at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of potential here and quite possibly a stellar product.

Cons

Management promises big ideals and then never follows through; often blaming the employees to make themselves look better in front of the CEO. Demotions are common and employees are treated poorly; if you're an installer, then you're practically forgotten when on the road. Its a high stress; no rewards environment that wears you down to the point of not caring about the quality of work you produce. If you lie to a customer; its ok, just as long as they pay their invoices.

Employees are people, not resources. Treat them with respect and you'll see a big turn around.

I'm Glad I'm Gone!

I worked at EMS (Education Management Solutions)

Pros

The per diem was nice. The travelling wasn't as bad as it claimed to be. Benefits were great.

Cons

I became a way to get things done, not an employee that had input and value. My ideas were shot down time and time again, until I just gave up. I was always asked to work long hours, but not compensated for it if I didn't request it in advance. After a while it became clear that I had to double my output with fewer workers, and smaller deadlines.

I took this job because I had experience and was good at what I did. Its clear that I wasn't appreciated.

Love what we do, not how we do it. Great potential

I have been working at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time

Pros

Very family friendly, great co-workers. Always willing to try new things to benefit company and unite employees. Everyone is very willing to assist each other and work together

Cons

Communication needs to be more effective. Processes are getting better but not quite there

I really didn't like this place, but needed a job in the worst way...

I worked at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros for this company were more like "what can I do today to not get yelled at by management?" or "How can I go un-noticed today?"

On the other hand; the inside sales team always performed great!

Cons

An employee can get bullied by managers or the CEO at any given point in the work day/week; if you tried to stand up for yourself, then you were basically told that you could quit. Managers, especially the sales team, were back stabbers and seemed to enjoy watching others get the shaft. Everyone is nice and friendly until they get put in the cross hairs, then its "throw you under the bus time."

Most of the employees gave up their fight to do the right thing because so many others choose to do things the wrong way. I guess I should have been more of a downer too!

Sell the company!

Not sure where this company is going?

I worked at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. It's a job.
    2. It's a decent work environment.
    3. "Promotes" within.

Cons

1. Promotions = new work, while keeping old responsibilities, with a pay increase small enough to let you treat yourself to a McDonalds meal every Friday.
    2. Pay scale is completely out of wack. It's a software company, that brings in old heads who have no basic understanding of how to even operate Microsoft Windows, who constantly rely on other people, usually younger who make half their salary, to push them through their day to day work cycle.
    3. CEO constantly undermines management and micromanages a large sum of individual employees.
    4. Administrative teams number one priority is to invent new ways to nickel and dime clients, not to fix the broken software EMS provides.
    5. Constant talk about increasing employee moral, which only leads to stricter rules, less benefits, and more work.

For years now, the Cons of working at EMS have outweighed the Pros by a landslide. It's almost as if the companies number one goal is to make certain individuals wealthy before the company completely tanks. Management will take credit for their teams work, while throwing individuals under the bus when any mistakes arise. Young talent brought in, doesn't stay long, as they are heavily relied on for EVERYTHING, but to EMS, are worth below the average salary. EMS is held together by a select few individuals, all of whom are underpaid, and under valued.

Saddened by the direction the company is going..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Pros reflect what the company was in the past. The company used to listen to its employees and reward those who took initiative. Now you are publicly chastised for suggestions.

Cons

The cons.. They are solely caused by upper management. EMS has gone from a democracy to a dictatorship over the last two years. Decisions are made based on the crunching of numbers and on the advice of a corporate controller who frequently makes mistakes but is given total authority. This same executive 'leader', the corporate controller, is often dishonest and even more often, throws lower level employees under the bus to cover her mistakes plus bashes employees to other employees. There is an extreme lack of professionalism at play and it's killing morale. Ever since bringing this role on board, there has been a mass exodus of employees leaving the company. There is a huge divide between management and employees. Management takes credit for all positive outcomes but publicly humiliates employees when small errors are made. This has caused employees to give up and only do the bare minimum to stay employed. Not one person on staff currently feels empowered to excel in their position. Talents are ignored. Management wants employees to sit down and shut up. The problem with that is the long term employees have the legacy knowledge of the industry and the company to make valuable suggestions. But, management disregards that knowledge and that talent and acts 'above' the employees. Promotions don't occur within this company therefore employees have nothing to work towards or strive towards. There is zero motivation to apply your talents and at the end of the day, our product and our clients suffer.

Listen to employees. If you give them your ear, if you give them a path to move up in the company, if you give them respect... They will begin working again. If you demean them, fail to motivate them, ignore them.. They will continue to produce just enough to stay employed until they have an opportunity to move on. If you treat employees like children, that lack of respect will have a direct impact on the profitability of the company. Ten respected, happy employees will produce twice as much as 30 abused employees. It's human nature and should not be ignored.

Stress, Lies, and Babysitting.

Former Employee - Client Support in Exton, PA

I worked at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its better than unemployment (moneywise)
    There are some very nice people who work there.

Cons

The new software does not do the basics of the old software.
    Having to lie to customers who pay a fortune for support on a daily basis.
    Stress, Micro-management, and no accountability.
    CEO is a bully and talks down to his employees.

Close shop and re-work the whole product.

Morale Buster

Former Employee - Sales in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Exton, PA

I worked at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can get past the language barrier, then co-workers are very nice and friendly.

Cons

There is a significant disconnect between management and the minions that do the work; that disconnect is the inability for management to listen to those that are trying to make a difference. It would be one thing to disregard something that is or seems unusually out of the ordinary, but when the entire company complains of poor morale and the customers dissatisfaction with the product; then take a step back and fix it, don't ignore or blast employees about being incompetent.

The software doesn't work. Period. End of story. Stop selling it and fix it.

Listen to your employees and sell the company to someone who can turn it around.

Miscommunication and Mismanagement

Former Employee - Client Support in Exton, PA

I worked at EMS (Education Management Solutions) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice office environment, employees are friendly and approachable, nice perks like the kuerig to allow you to bring in your own pods for coffee. Monthly birthday celebrations were always fun and HR always takes a happy-go-lucky approach to your new hire experience. Benefits are nice, PTO is good, 401(k) is above standards. The office is set in a nice corporate park and the landscape in the parking lot is nice (lunch outside in the spring and fall is awesome). The customer support team is amazing.

Cons

If you want a problem fixed (and fixed correctly), you have to babysit the problem solver in their cubicle or office until it is finished the way you want it; otherwise, your issue will be discarded once you walk away. The CEO is a bully and often times, management will cut off their employees noses to spite their faces and then present them to the customer like they are a fool in the rain. If you do wrong, you're blamed in front of everyone. If you do right; management takes the credit in front of everyone. Miscommunication is an unwritten corporate policy and no one is held accountable for their actions or lack thereof. Meetings are held to plan future meetings and no one wants to actually do anything to move the company forward; just complain internally about on-going problems. Employees are forced to over document everything (as busy work) and then get blasted for not getting their routine jobs done. When a customer complains, the project team is blasted by management like a NASA rocket. If the customer doesn't pay their invoices, the PM has their head put on and held to a chopping block. If the customer still doesn't pay after the installation, the PM is usually laid off. (it was sad to see so many go). Once the customer pays their bills, management could care less about them; even if there are problems.

Help your employees get better by standing behind them and supporting them. Encourage them to informed decisions and don't stomp on them when something goes wrong. If you sympathize and empathize with someone who makes a mistake then you'll keep someone who is loyal in the long run.

EMS (Education Management Solutions) Photos