EMS

Updated Mar 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mitch Johnson

in the 5 plus years i was employed with ems, i enjoyed great people of grainger county

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat community of residence and some of the employees you will build life long friendships with.

ConsSome of the employes are negative and have bad attitudes that bleeds over to the whole ems service

Avoid at all costs

Customer Service (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsI worked as a customer service rep. This was my first job where I worked with two monitors, multiple applications, I learned to multitask and I did customer service for about ten different clients. I gained these skills at EMS and was able to find a better job because of my time here. I only worked here for about eight months and the skills I gained here appealed to my new employer.

On Friday the management will bring in treats such as veggie tray, cookies, fruits. Sometimes they have contests where you can win prizes and gift cards. I heard through the grape vine that the "real estate" dept. is one of the best departments to work in and that they try to keep their employees happy.

I learned how to have thick skin. In life not everyone will be kind and you will deal with rejection and what better place to learn those skills than in a call center. You learn to deal with nasty customers and you get over it and move on. You learn how to not take things personally.

If you have a degree and you don't work in the customer service departments then you will get treated better. If you are a professional, supervisor, you will get treated much better than the customer service reps.

Strict attendance policy. This is good or bad depending on your view but since most call centers have such high attrition it's not hard to see why they have a strict attendance policy. I understood why they did though.

It's the type of job you can leave at work and not take home.

ConsAlmost zero mobility. Be warned that if you get hired in the "Shared Customer Service" department then you it's very tough to transfer out to another department you might like better. I tried to do this 2-3 times and I had the qualifications but they didn't want to let me go because I was trained on 10 clients at that point. That's why I only lasted eight months here.

No raises. I talked to people that have worked here for 2+ years and they complained of not getting raises. These are nice people who work hard and have good attendance. The view of management is that people are expendable so it doesn't matter if they quit, they can rehire new reps, train them for cheap, and continue to do that until the end of time.

High attrition. This place has one of the highest turnover rates that I've ever seen. People will drop out during training. I have seen people drop out after their first day or week. People will work up until their scheduled break/lunch and not come back. You know they have no intention of coming back when they leave their badge on the table. It's tough to find people who have worked here for more than a year or two.

Little room for advancement in a small company. Most people who work here just see it as a temporary place and just view it as a job, not a career, the money they earn here is just a way for them to pay their bills and until they can find something better. You will find a lot of college students here.

Favoritism. Lots of favoritism more than you see at other companies. At many companies the managers usually will try to be fair to everyone even if they have favorites.

Lots of gossip and drama. Management doesn't make enough of an attempt to squash the company gossip queen.

Sometimes they hire questionable clients such as a client that is an MLM company.

A couple of employees had relatives die and the HR dept. asked them to bring the obituaries.

Hard to change your schedule. In the "Shared Customer Service" dept it was hard to change your schedule unless you trade with someone. Or if someone quits then you can ask management for their schedule. But basically what you accept for your schedule, then that's what will stick.

Management doesn't like doing sup calls and will rarely do them. You have to learn to stand on your own and deescalate on your own. You are on your own here 99% of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people raises. Create a culture of respect.

Help Desk

Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsEasy job with a lot of down time. I would recommend bringing a book to read if you are working weekends. Fairly relaxed environment also.

ConsPay was pretty low for having an associates degree and only making 10 an hour. Also, when they get a new client there is not nearly enough training and a lot of guess work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be more extensive training when getting a new account

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is non exsitent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe management is non existent to concerned about themselves and do not seek input form the staff and very close relationships within the company on the production loor

Consthey do have a nice factory well kept and clean in general the people are nice until you meet the supervisors and there family members

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employess

EMS Recruiter responded to this review

May 8, 2014

I am unsure you have the correct employer as we are a call center, not a factory as you stated in your review.

EMS is a sweat shop!

Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe pay is a little better than unemployment benefits

ConsNo raises
    No PTOs
    No paid vacation time

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with the dignity and the respect that they deserve!
    Provide PTOs!
    Give raises! The cost of living continues to increase, but the pay does not.
    Offer incentives to employees. You might be able to retain talented people!

great people

EMT (Current Employee) Newport, TN

Prosgood overtime,great people,fun everybody works well with each other,we work 24 hour shifts and off 48 hours

Consnot enough money per hour

Advice to Senior Managementgive us a raise

EMS Recruiter responded to this review

May 8, 2014

I feel you may have the wrong employer as we are a call center and it looks like you were working 24 hours shifts. We do not allow anyone to work nearly that long of a shift.

Bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe comany has a fairly laid back atmosphere

ConsRegardless of performance, every employee is treated the same... Same percentage each year for the reviews. Lack of benefits; no vacation time/PTO

For a small company, they still make you feel like the smallest number there is

Customer Service (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsAt times its an easy place to work
    there are some nice people that work there
    It isnt a place where you leave there with any stress

ConsVery poor customer service
    They are not flexible with time off.
    They dont give you paid time off, its Leave without pay
    They treat you like you are beneath them
    They have sketchy work practices

Advice to Senior ManagementDont take on new accounts when you dont have the infrastructure or personel to handle it.

Great

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Lahore (Pakistan)

ProsBelow are the reasons that why I have joined EMS.
    For Learning ,
    For better future and to groom my self.

ConsWell,
    I do not have anything to say at the moment .

Past Software Engineer

Pros-Friendly management
    -Nice place to learn good things if you are intrested

Cons- id on't think so..

Worked for EMS? Contribute to the Community!