ENSCO, Inc.
www.ensco.com Falls Church, VA 500 to 999 Employees

ENSCO, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014
ENSCO, Inc. – US – “work environment quality”

ENSCO, Inc. President & CEO Greg Young

Greg Young

Sr Subsea at Ensco

Senior Subsea Engineer (Current Employee)
    Richmond, TX

ProsEnsco is a sound drilling contractor to work for with contracted and stable work for many years to come. There is also plenty of opportunity to grow. Ensco provides great benefits for both insurance and retirement.

ConsCompared to other Drilling contractors I would say ensco is not the highest paid and still has some of the old jack up mentality and applies it to deepwater rigs.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Diversified Technology-Focused Company

Springfield, VA

ProsAbove average benefits. Office culture generally congenial and easy going. Most of the people are good to work with. Dress code is business casual to casual. Management is generally very concerned about employee satisfaction.

ConsLacks technical capabilities and resources to be able to meet aggressive business acquisition goals. Springfield office is owned by company but generally run down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better understanding of the technical limitations of your employees and resources/facilities. Spend more IR&D funds to improve capabilities. Close down the Springfield office and move into a more price competitive modern facility.

Not the best place to start your career

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsSkilled high-level management
    Flexibility in work schedules
    They don't pressure you too much

ConsNot too many intermediate managers to guide you well.
    Intermediary managers/associates aren't upto the mark
    No motivation to work hard
    Very less pay.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work-life balance

(Current Employee)

ProsIt is a company which gives a lot of variety in a way that the employees get to wear multiple hats at the same time. It has a great work life balance for employees with families.

ConsInsufficient reward and recognition
    Limited growth prospects
    Lack sense of direction
    People are reluctant to change

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to provide at-least some sort of recognition, if not reward to the employees to keep them motivated.

Ok place to work

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsThe company provides very good benefits - the retirement plans are better than the industry, the salary is quite competitive. Lot of the employees have been around for a long time, so they are knowledgeable about any issues that crop up.

ConsThe company management lacks long term vision. The company culture is bit insular, you don't get to know much what the other divisions are doing - even though there can be some expertise overlap across divisions there is hardly any collaboration. The retirement plans have a very long vesting period.

ENSCO was a fast-paced, dynamic environment, dealing with military engineering.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cocoa Beach, FL

ProsIt was a pleasure to immerse myself in an environment consisting of many hard-working, ambitious people. I would gladly work there again, given the opportunity. There was a great deli with fresh fish sandwiches in the building. The attire was business casual.

ConsThe contract was short and its tail end was on-call. It seemed there was upper management fighting in plain view of other employees and contractors.

Interesting project frustrated by poor management.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Charlottesville, VA

ProsInteresting, challenging long term project

ConsPoor management coordination, changing priorities, lack of continuity, lack of team spirit.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more realistic about major contract costs & manpower planning.

Great Support and a family away from home

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility and autonomy. You are given tasks and parameters to work within. So long as you complete the tasks timely and efficiently. They let you do your thing.

ConsChanges happen too quickly. Most of that is due to customer requirements. Contracts are supposed to prevent that, but not at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. Go where the money is.

It has been a comfortable experience so far.

Developer (Current Employee)

ProsCompany is quite Stable. Flexibility to use your own approach towards implementing applications. There is good amount of understanding from the management for the level of expectation from an employee.

ConsVery Slow growth rate, Salary and compensation are below average, management of projects below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementKindly start adhering to best practices for software development. Encourage and follow proper testing techniques and motivate employees through deserving compensations.

Work Experience

Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee)
    Broussard, LA

ProsThe people that work for the company, for the most part, are great. The salary was very competitive. I gained a lot of experience working for this company that has served me well in my other roles.

ConsThe only thing that I can think of is some of the management had a bad habit of micromanaging and not supporting their team members. When an employee does't feel supported, they tend to start looking for a place where they will be supported.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and support them.

Worked for ENSCO, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ENSCO, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ENSCO, Inc. CEO Greg Young . All 25 reviews posted anonymously by ENSCO, Inc. employees.