ENVIRON Reviews in San Francisco, CA

3.3

ENVIRON CEO Stephen T. Washburn
Stephen T. Washburn

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall I think ENVIRON is a great company to work for, with interesting projects and very smart people

Current Employee - Associate 6  in  Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Associate 6 in Novato, CA

I have been working at ENVIRON full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

i work reduced hours and have a flexible work schedule, and work from home 3 days per week
    very smart people, interesting projects,

Cons

compensation seems low for level of experience of staff

Great people but with ups-and-downs of project

Former Employee - Associate Engineer 6  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Engineer 6 in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ENVIRON

Pros

Even beginning with their interview process (involving the whole group), the company encourages collaboration and excellent communications.Top notch people. My managers were good listeners and very "open-door" towards my suggestions for a project even when I was a junior. Co-workers are very competent and friendly. The size of projects varied by a lot which provide good stimuli and pace. Decent work-life balance. Health and 401k benefits are generous.

Cons

Projects can get repetitive, especially in mid-level engineering. On-site responsibilities can be overwhelming, depending on your managers' grasp of staffing needs. Also, probably more of an industry-wide experience, the feast and famine cycle could be quite severe. Promotions and salary raise path unclear and inconsistent.

Encourage more horizontal integration and multidisciplinary practice for engineers. I also wished that management groomed or mentored mid-level and senior engineers more in project management and business development.

Worked for ENVIRON? Contribute to the Community!