EOIR Technologies

Not yet rated.

Joseph Mackin, PhD

Amazing culture

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Dahlgren, VA

ProsEOIR Technologies in Dahlgren was an awesome office experience and it was my first office environment job. Management was great and would give me positive reinforcement for my job and rewarded me with positive comments.

ConsSlow-paced; I thrive in a fast-paced environment but that's the only con, and it's not even really a con because I still loved working there

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Weird But Okay

ProsNo micromanagement; people are encouraged to try new things; salary and benefits are excellent; hours and dress are flexible; many people allowed to work from home.

ConsManagement only communicates with staff when they need something, and it's almost always at the 11th hour. Otherwise nobody knows anything about what's going on other than a newsletter that comes out a few times a year. There is little to no advance planning for anything. They are often inappropriate (sexual innuendo, rude and crass comments about other staff). I'm sometimes worry that they open themselves up to a lawsuit in this regard. And the org chart is constantly changing. Very unstable environment in that way. The Virginia office (HQ) refuses to work with the other offices and has their own staff for tasks that should be shared across the company. Senior management seemingly has no control over them and they ignore all requests from other offices. IT might as well not exist for as little help as they offer the other offices. Employees often have to wait over two weeks after their start date to even get a computer.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to the office from time to time and communicate with your employees. And not just when you need something. Make the VA office integrate with the other offices. Let your staff know what's expected of them and don't just toss out new tasks to groups of people with no explanation or division of duties. If you're too busy, then delegate your workload instead of giving your staff the short end of the stick with your time and direction.

A little unorganized

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits
    Flexible hours + Able to work from home
    Heavy use of Mac/Unix machines instead of windows boxes
    Great environment + People

ConsThere wasn't a lot of organization or structure in the offices. One or two people are "in charge" and basically everyone else works on their own project. Work comes in waves, so sometimes you're bored out of your mind, and sometimes you're working 60 hours a week or more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with employees
    Better defined structure

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good if you get the right boss..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, room to grow DEPENDING on who you work for, able to work from home, okay benefits,can learn about new projects if boss allows you to try new things. Friendly staff, nice holiday parties, 15 days of vacation time, and small yearly bonus if you ask for it.

ConsVery unprofessional Managers who are either never in the office or meet with you once a year. Most people in the office have nothing to do and management is never available to talk and when they are they are usually making fun of other employees. There are a few managers who are okay, but because you are constantly juggling different job responsibilities your managers change monthly, and sometimes you don't even know it! HR is unresponsive and if you complain too much of lack of direction, you will be let go or forced to leave. There is no job security here if you are under specific departments, one day you are in and another you are out.
    There is unfortunately no job direction either under most managers, there are some exceptions of course, but for the most part you won't ever know if you are wasting your time on something or not until the last minute.
    Some people there didn't even have annual reviews but got a small bonus -and there was no review because no one knew who managed them- the managers didn't even know who their managers were!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to come into the office and see who isn't at work (upper management) and take time to talk to the employees. Some people are being put on the wrong projects with totally different skill sets or some need more work, and are willing to learn and try new things. If someone was around to talk to the current employees you would see that you have a talented staff that is just being put in the wrong place or being given the wrong tasks.

Weird Company

ProsNo micromanagement, business is growing in a sector that is currently shrinking, mostly competent and friendly employees. Very flexible about hours and working from home. Good benefits. Respect for time off and family needs.

ConsSenior management has little to no contact with people under them, many employees report to nobody or are given conflicting info on who they report to, limited to no opportunities for mentorship/advancement, employees are expected to do work well outside the scope of their titles, many people complain of not having enough to do - this company is throwing away money. The management org chart is changed literally every single week...it's crazy. Management doesn't listen to employee concerns about the work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a management structure. Stop wasting money and talent. Communicate face to face with employees. Stop making constant management changes.

Mostly positive

Can't Say (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

ProsEOIR is a decent company with approaching 400 employees. Great benefits and (for me) a great commute.

ConsThe area I work in needs to continue to diversify in their product offerings (work in progress).

Disappointed as more of as Experiment

ProsProjects can be challenging and personal satisfaction to meeting the clients' needs.
    Travel to exciting places.
    Work with latest products.

ConsLow salary
    Not enough projects
    Do not produce turn key products
    No supporting documentation for system and architectural requirements and design.
    Team environment is more "I" environment
    Tremendous creeping requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareful evaluation of talents and not squander opportunities and diverse clients.

Worked for EOIR Technologies? Contribute to the Community!