EOS CCA Reviews

2.4
Paul E. Leary, Jr.

1. Collector

I worked at EOS CCA

Pros

Training and support was excellent. Managers are were very hands on providing support where needed and anticipated. Co Workers were also very supported in their team based operation. Opportunity to learn and encouragement to grow was fostered by managers and senior staff.

Cons

Split shift schedule with weekend hours conflicted with work life balance. Bonus structure was nothing to be marveled. The base rate of pay was on the low end for such a high call volume.

Revise bonus structure to truly reward high achievers. Bring rate of pay up to match job responsibilities. Improve schedule requirements to help employees better manage work life balance.

2. Great opportunity to make money

Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at EOS CCA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Almost 20$ plus comish. great boss and great people to be around

Cons

Not much room for growth, one manager, 2 supervisors, 2 team leads
    The system of tiers means you start out fighting for the worst accounts in the office with 1/3 of the collectors that work there. Great challenge makes work fun

Offer more help and be more approachable

3. I would not work there again. People get promoted because of who they are and not how they perform their jobs.

I have been working at EOS CCA

Pros

The only positive thing for me was the commute was not that bad.

Cons

Start promoting people because of the work that they do.

5. zoo

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

very corrupt, supervisors, and managers, has no clue or any experience how to manage a team. They hire people off the street train them for a few weeks with much of null and then put them on the phone. They use dos system from the seventies.

Cons

needs professional help, business strategy.

go get some training and learn how to deal with your employess

6. This Company has no leadership! The CEO and the Top level Management Team are so full of themselves.

Former Employee - Upper Management in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Upper Management in Novato, CA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They don't know what they are doing in Healthcare. They are so removed from what's really happening... Employees get away with ridiculous behavior.

Cons

They don't know what they are doing in Healthcare. They are bullies

Germany needs to know how you are running this company into the ground! Clients think your a joke!

7. Good, fast-paced, challenging learning experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Convenient location, good people to work with and 2 breaks and a lunch.

Cons

goals were too high and decisions were being made by corporate over 2000 miles away. office management had very little say in decisions.

Listen to the people on the floor and Management that are in the trenches

8. Completely numbers-driven, sales/reward type culture, minimal training, no employee development.

Former Employee - Collector in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Collector in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Your coworkers are actually really nice, personable people.
    Cheerleader-type encouragement for work well done (if you like that sort of thing).
    When I started losing heart and wasn't performing well anymore, I was shuffled to other sections of the department. Ineffective (as opposed to improved training) but merciful.
    Learned skip-tracing. You never know when you might need to find someone!
    Management stayed in the same room - easy to get their attention or help if you needed it.
    My supervisor in particular was helpful when we had escalated calls.
    Easy enough to move up if you met the ridiculously high collections goals. But if you did, management was happy to give you praise, certificates and to help move you up or to other positions.

Cons

Crazy shifts - You'd have to think what day it is to know what hours you work. we'd work late, say, 12-9 two days a week, 9-6 3 days a week and also have to come in some Saturdays. That also made it hard for clients actually calling back to reach their assigned collector.
    Very very high bar set to receive any bonus at all.
    Management sat in a podium type desk literally physically above everyone else, so it sometimes felt like Big Brother was watching.
    Management could swoop in and berate you for what you said on a call they were randomly listening to.
    We were forced to work old, tired leads and call people who had already informed us numerous times that they did not know or no longer had access to the person we were looking for.
    There was some but little leeway to make realistic payment plans for people that truly did not have the funds to pay the amount they owed in the payment amounts we required.
    Office politics ran rampant and you had to be careful not to get on someone's bad side or you'd be on the whole clique's bad side. Better to stay neutral.

I don't think anything I say would influence management's point of view, but if it would, I'd say, maybe make goals a little more realistic so a greater percentage of the workforce could achieve bonuses. Which would also improve morale. Also perhaps not encourage the "by any means necessary" attitude about bringing in money so much.

9. It was a very good job.

Former Employee - Collection Agent in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at EOS CCA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, working with a team, and also the bonuses.

Cons

Working to satisfy management for the commission, also management shows too much favoritism towards people doing better. Have to collect everyday over 1,000 dollars management never cared for people with bad days.

Stop showing favoritism

10. Management style is poor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

nothing to say that is positive

Cons

Office atmosphere is very difficult, strict and uncomfortable.

Need to treat people with respect.

11. Overall, a positive experience that promotes internal growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Internal growth. They let you start from the group up and on occassion, will hire management level individuals from the outside.

Cons

Needs director level training. People need to treat people with more respect without flexing authority over others - more common than not, directors have minimal accountability.

Continue to promote the concept of treating all staff members with dignity and respect. Invest in director level training to get the right people in the job.