EOS CCA Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014
2.8

Paul E. Leary, Jr.

Good, fast-paced, challenging learning experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Convenient location, good people to work with and 2 breaks and a lunch.

Cons

goals were too high and decisions were being made by corporate over 2000 miles away. office management had very little say in decisions.

Listen to the people on the floor and Management that are in the trenches

Completely numbers-driven, sales/reward type culture, minimal training, no employee development.

Former Employee - Collector  in  Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Collector in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your coworkers are actually really nice, personable people.
    Cheerleader-type encouragement for work well done (if you like that sort of thing).
    When I started losing heart and wasn't performing well anymore, I was shuffled to other sections of the department. Ineffective (as opposed to improved training) but merciful.
    Learned skip-tracing. You never know when you might need to find someone!
    Management stayed in the same room - easy to get their attention or help if you needed it.
    My supervisor in particular was helpful when we had escalated calls.
    Easy enough to move up if you met the ridiculously high collections goals. But if you did, management was happy to give you praise, certificates and to help move you up or to other positions.

Cons

Crazy shifts - You'd have to think what day it is to know what hours you work. we'd work late, say, 12-9 two days a week, 9-6 3 days a week and also have to come in some Saturdays. That also made it hard for clients actually calling back to reach their assigned collector.
    Very very high bar set to receive any bonus at all.
    Management sat in a podium type desk literally physically above everyone else, so it sometimes felt like Big Brother was watching.
    Management could swoop in and berate you for what you said on a call they were randomly listening to.
    We were forced to work old, tired leads and call people who had already informed us numerous times that they did not know or no longer had access to the person we were looking for.
    There was some but little leeway to make realistic payment plans for people that truly did not have the funds to pay the amount they owed in the payment amounts we required.
    Office politics ran rampant and you had to be careful not to get on someone's bad side or you'd be on the whole clique's bad side. Better to stay neutral.

I don't think anything I say would influence management's point of view, but if it would, I'd say, maybe make goals a little more realistic so a greater percentage of the workforce could achieve bonuses. Which would also improve morale. Also perhaps not encourage the "by any means necessary" attitude about bringing in money so much.

It was a very good job.

Former Employee - Collection Agent  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at EOS CCA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was good, working with a team, and also the bonuses.

Cons

Working to satisfy management for the commission, also management shows too much favoritism towards people doing better. Have to collect everyday over 1,000 dollars management never cared for people with bad days.

Stop showing favoritism

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management style is poor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time for more than a year

Pros

nothing to say that is positive

Cons

Office atmosphere is very difficult, strict and uncomfortable.

Need to treat people with respect.

Overall, a positive experience that promotes internal growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Internal growth. They let you start from the group up and on occassion, will hire management level individuals from the outside.

Cons

Needs director level training. People need to treat people with more respect without flexing authority over others - more common than not, directors have minimal accountability.

Continue to promote the concept of treating all staff members with dignity and respect. Invest in director level training to get the right people in the job.

Unrewarding, awful hours and very few benefits

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company pays half of health insurance premiums. Possible stepping stone for a better job. Commute is 30 minutes or less from home.

Cons

The working hours are far from ideal and gives no work/life balance. The paid benefits offered are only health and dental which 1/2 is paid by company, low hourly wage with small bonuses earned if goal reached.

Review hours worked against actual profitability of those hours.

Worst Management

I worked at EOS CCA

Pros

Good experience to get started in the Collections Industry

Cons

Management Doesn't know what the heck is going on and worst refuse to fix it

Fire all Senior management and Look inside for better management

Get your feet wet, and move on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Anyone can get hired here. No experience necessary.

Cons

The most mismanaged environment that I've ever been in. Poor training. Dishonesty in interview. There are no bonuses or incentives nor raises happening. You don't get paid enough to even think about enrolling in the benefits. Too much nepotism. Way too much do what I say and not what I do. Dress code is a joke. Company policy only applies if you are not part of the "Clique" . If you are in fact, part of the click; you can make your own hours, wear whatever you want, never hit your monthly goals, and skate by with doing absolutely nothing. With no fear of disciplinary action. Don't take this job too seriously. If you do, you are in for a rude awakening. This place is strictly for the
    unambitious slacker, or a transitional stepping stone. Not much to learn in this office. Other than what not to do if you managed a company. Oh yeah, the office temperature is set on North Pole, even in the dead of winter. Women's bathroom is atrocious as well.

Been at EOS-CCA Dallas for 7 years and love my job and coworkers!!

Current Employee - Collection Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Collection Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EOS CCA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

i have been with EOS-CCA for 7 years and lately things just keep getting better. The company just purchased a huge amount of debt and the USAM team is so much fun to work on. We built from 0-40 collectors so we have become more of a family and all work together to try to hit goal. Our managers make it really exciting because we are always competing against other offices within the company. The bonus and monthly incentives are awesome!! i won a big screen TV just last month and went to my first Texas Rangers game compliments of my boss! He even cut me out an hour early so i could beat the traffic!

Cons

There is always a bad apple in the group in every call center however lately i have noticed a big difference in the new hire classes that are joining. It seems we are done hiring immature kids and are bringing in competitive, mature new hires which is really cutting down the normall call center BS that sometimes can occur in a competitive environment

the management team has changed for the better over the last year. They work together as a team and make us feel like we are part of a bigger picture. They are constantly explaining on how the business grows and how our individual contributions help the overall success of the company. I love my job and I have never worked for a better team.

Not worth the stress....and there's a lot!

Former Employee - Collections  in  Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Collections in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS CCA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Paycheck, paid vacation, health bens

Cons

Managers don't listen to you or take you seriously, they play favorites, ignore your emails, male supervisors play "good ol boys club" routine. Bad behavior by other employees is not reprimanded.

If an employee has an issue, listen and DO something about it! Don't ignore the employee. Treat female employees with the SAME fairness and respect as male employees. Not all the male employees are 'hotshots'. And don't allow for bad behavior ever.

Worked for EOS CCA? Contribute to the Community!