EPC Group.net

Errin O'Connor

Impressed

Current Employee - Architect in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at EPC Group.net (less than a year)

Pros

EPC Group has been great. I like having my independence so it's a must have in my career. It's a really flexible environment that allows me to focus on my family while working with impressive clients. I like that I don't work with "rookies," and the team is experienced. For me it's: a real team environment (I can't take drama), flexibility, global clients are fun, an entrepreneurial environment and mentality. No IT fame seekers, just real people.

Cons

I'm good. I think the advice I put to management covers my point.

Keep at it and keep it real. Maybe do stronger hiring processes to avoid those who don't fit the entrepreneurial mindset.

Great company, best career move I've made

Current Employee - Senior SharePoint Solutions Architect in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior SharePoint Solutions Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at EPC Group.net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always on the lookout for new technology, keeps a strong pulse on the company and talented people. Very happy with the culture.

Cons

Small everyday things can take a bit to move, but they are always delivered. Busy team so I understand.

Happy to build my path, try to focus on career plans more. There is so much to do and grow that I can see how it can be difficult to other people but overall great team and fits my personality.

Excellent and Motivating

Current Employee - Information Architect in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Information Architect in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EPC Group.net full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Boutique firm, the best technical team, a variety of projects, great clients. Overall I love my position and the responsibilities, however it is definitely an environment where you are not going to have your hand held. There is a clear demand for team members to be able to take on challenges but that is part of the deal.

Cons

Skilled team but have a few that aren’t as focused on the future as they should be.

Great place to acquire technical skills, maintain the focus on hiring team members with more independence

Great portfolio and exciting company

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at EPC Group.net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working with EPC Group solutions and presenting our clients with a group of people who have such impressive knowledge. It's a great feeling knowing that you work with such a good group. I never worry if I am a bit weaker in an area than another team member because I know I can learn from them. The way the portfolio of skillsets cross allows me to get tons of knowledge that I've never been able to find in a SharePoint consulting firm. There is so much to learn, I never get bored.

Cons

The mindset of the company is extreeeeemely progressive with technology. If you aren't interested in keeping up with technology trends and Microsoft products as they evolved you will be left behind. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed trying to stay organized with what I need to learn but that is just me biting off more than I can chew.

I like that management takes a one on one approach, it would be nice to have more frequent travel and get togethers.

Progressive!

I have been working at EPC Group.net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging projects, brilliant co-workers, accept new ideas, fun environment, always learning, no politics, great clients, innovative

Cons

As long as you can think on your feet, possibilities are endless....

Love management!

Great work experience but that's about it...

Former Employee - Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at EPC Group.net full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ability to gain experience with .NET developers and architects but also work on a few high profile projects.

Cons

Too many cons outweigh positives - financial stability in question at times, minimal company process standardization, etc.

Consistently and concise vision as well as employee pay are key components.

Jul 26, 2013Vice President

EPC Group drives a clear and defined corporate vision that is completely employee and client centric. We have not had a team member be with our organization for less than a year, however encourage ... More

Financial Hardship during my employment.

I worked at EPC Group.net full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very strong and competent team during my time of employment (2010-2011). EPC Group seemed to be able to sell services to high profile clients. Wide variaty of work experience from document writing to technical support.

Cons

I experienced the same issue with final payment as some of the other posters on this site. Proper management and structure was non-existent. I was payed once a month, and my salary was typically late. Travel was a little hard as expected with a consulting company.

A twice a week paymend schedule would go a long way. Also, final payment should be the rule and not the exception.

Apr 30, 2013Vice President

As the public can read, to post on Glassdoor the standards that ensure these statements come from a true employee at any organization do not exist, they simply require any email address, any name you ... More

Company fails to provide final compensation due former employees

I worked at EPC Group.net (less than a year)

Pros

It's difficult to recommend a company that fails to provide final pay and compensation. However, the engineers perform well when given clear instructions.

Cons

The company promises to provide final pay and compensation, but falls short of delivering anything stated. It leads one to believe the company is having financial issues.

Provide final compensation as required by law.

Jan 16, 2013Vice President

Your second post has been noted and is being taken very seriously… The defamatory attempts and the posts of inaccurate information is an obvious ploy at personal gain. The staff at EPC Group ... More

Fantastic Work/Life Balance

I have been working at EPC Group.net full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The virtual work envionrment is amazing. While a lot of hours are expected they are flexible. Excellent vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. Excellent BCBS insurance along with life insurance. 401(k) is also available. It is a pleasure to work for an industry leader. Alltogether fantastic organization and leadership!

Cons

Virtual communications can be challenging.

Keep moving forward! We have an amazing team!

Technically competent, but very unprofessional and inexperienced in managing projects and people.

I worked at EPC Group.net full-time

Pros

Very talented in technical areas

Cons

Very inexperienced senior management. Don't know how to manage projects. Don't know how to manage staff. Don't know how to manage clients. Don't know how to run a business.

Senior management seemed to lack focus. CEO personally arranges employee travel using his own Priceline.com account. Is that really the best use of the CEO's time?

Company's primary selling point is that the CEO wrote a SharePoint book.