EPIQ Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

EPIQ Systems Chairman and CEO Tom W. Olofson

Tom W. Olofson

Pros
  • If you are technical entry-level, or experienced but incompetent, this might be the place for you, but be ready for some stiff competition(in 3 reviews)

• Good people who you can learn from who are ready to help each other(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Complete disregard for family or work-life balance by IT leadership with expectation that Epiq be the sole priority(in 8 reviews)

• No work-life balance considerations(in 3 reviews)

Don't do it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent pay, Good benefits package, on site gym. Most of the people are great.

ConsToo many to list. There is not work life balance. Only way to get ahead is to tell on your co-worker, never disagree with leaders. Don't work here, it is not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have the Golden Rule in your culture statement. Apparently you want us waste the company's money while treating you as expendable.

Document Review Attorney

Contract Attorney (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe projects are plentiful and long, and plenty OT

ConsThe management is unresonable strict on case room conducts

Smart people advance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPromotes from within when applicable

ConsMid sized company with growing pains.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expendable Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent medical benefits. Offices all over the U.S. Definitely in a growth industry. Profit margins allow for upper management to benefit greatly. Has cash to invest in decent equipment. Able to spend lots on company expense accounts for eating out. Able to fly all their personnel all over the place, even if it is for a 30 minute meeting that could have taken place over skype or a conference call.

ConsThey never so NO to any customer request at the expense of the lower level workforce. Quick to let anyone go that speaks their mind. No real career paths defined. Quantity is desired over quality. No work-life balance considerations. Revolving door of talent. The good ones leave very quickly after they adjust to the culture and see the real Epiq.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce you purchase a company, don't change the culture and replace it with your own. That should slow down the number of people leaving.

OK for the mean time...

Attorney (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood place to work in between employment opportunities or if you are just starting out. It is OK" money considering the awful economy we are now experiencing, but falls short of attorney expectations or earning potential. However, this is not the place for long term growth and opportunity.
    The people you work with are one of the best perks. I have met an interesting group of people with varied educational backgrounds and work experiences who I feel will be friends for a good long time.

ConsAt a time when eDiscovery is developing into much more than a legal step-child, opportunities for growth and develop appear to be non-existent at this company, for most. However, a few people emerge into leadership roles, but those opportunities do not appear to be open to all.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a more open line of communication about opportunities and how one might prepare to qualify for those opportunities. From time to time project management training is provided for a few, leaving others wondering how they might be considered for such opportunities.

RBMS-Doumentrics and Relativity

Doc Review (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe friendships made and the overall environmen t was conducive

Consvery fast pace environment but that was good for learning

Advice to Senior ManagementAppear to be on pace with the time tables and goals that an large company must meet

A place that values quality work and the "Golden Rule"...treating your fellow employees as you would like to be treated.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsQuality people, upper management supportive, strong business growth in past two years. Good opportunities for those with little experience to try different temporary or contract jobs.

ConsDesktop and laptop equipment is very inadequate. Business model encourages high turnover with too many contractors and temporary jobs. Some supervisors micro-manage too much or encourage so much job specialization that tasks are very repetitive and jobs are very boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush hard to upgrade equipment and add full-time staff. Place a higher value on staff retention to save money. Have employees rotate jobs or take on a variety of tasks to keep work interesting and expand skill sets.

Good pay, not worth it

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsBenefits and time off are average. Good place for a programmer, always a lot of work to do.

ConsNo encouraged professional growth, extremely difficult to transfer to a new department, infrastructure side is treated as disposable (according to the CEO and other executives), red tape is a nightmare, onboarding of acquired companies is always a disaster, the location is absolutely awful, money is hemorrhaged on regular limo service, private jet rides, and company-provided cars.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your infrastructure team with respect. There are good and bad engineers, you're likely to get bad ones if you treat everyone poorly. There needs to be a fundamental change from the C level down in regards to the network as a whole. Turnover is hurting the company far more than you know.

Dishonesty is the best policy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

Proson site gym, good pay

ConsWork environment is miserable. No one has any fun. I got screamed at because I had Facebook up on my computer while eating my lunch at my desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like sh*t.

Progressive company with an eye on the future

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company has a progressive view of ediscovery support. They are supportive of in house training.

ConsThey will work you to death!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people

Worked for EPIQ Systems? Contribute to the Community!