EPIQ Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

EPIQ Systems Chairman and CEO Tom W. Olofson

Tom W. Olofson

Pros:
  • "The company has a progressive view of ediscovery support"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Very talented individuals with enterprise level experience"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Complete disregard for family or work-life balance by IT leadership with expectation that Epiq be the sole priority"
    in 8 reviews
  • "No work-life balance considerations"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Progressive company with an eye on the future

Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at EPIQ Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company has a progressive view of ediscovery support. They are supportive of in house training.

ConsThey will work you to death!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people

Good pay, not worth it

Kansas City, KS

I have been working at EPIQ Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits and time off are average. Good place for a programmer, always a lot of work to do.

ConsNo encouraged professional growth, extremely difficult to transfer to a new department, infrastructure side is treated as disposable (according to the CEO and other executives), red tape is a nightmare, onboarding of acquired companies is always a disaster, the location is absolutely awful, money is hemorrhaged on regular limo service, private jet rides, and company-provided cars.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your infrastructure team with respect. There are good and bad engineers, you're likely to get bad ones if you treat everyone poorly. There needs to be a fundamental change from the C level down in regards to the network as a whole. Turnover is hurting the company far more than you know.

Dishonesty is the best policy

I worked at EPIQ Systems full-time

Proson site gym, good pay

ConsWork environment is miserable. No one has any fun. I got screamed at because I had Facebook up on my computer while eating my lunch at my desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like sh*t.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Diverse workplace with great goals and vision for the future.

I have been working at EPIQ Systems

ProsI've enjoyed my time at Epiq Systems in a temporary capacity, and recently transitioned to a full time Epiq employee. I value the fact that I was able to start in an entry level position and work my way to advancing my skills and experience level. I've received a lot of training and support from the leaders and managers on my team. I feel of true value and that I have their support.

ConsTrainings could be more formal and thorough. Feedback should be something all managers want to share all the time. It should be a requirement to update all staff on progress, things to address and work on, as well as how to be better as an entire team.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe parking is horrible. Crossing from Artic to Allen is so dangerous sometimes. It's so cold, or rainy and wet to make such a walk every morning.

Culture and Career Vacuum

I worked at EPIQ Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood if you really need a job, or experience until you find a better job. You make some good friends when you are all being oppressed together. If you are technical entry-level, or experienced but incompetent, this might be the place for you, but be ready for some stiff competition.

ConsA public\private company run by a family and its cronies. Oppressive workplace, horrible attitudes, continuously stressful, nearly abusive. Heavily political. Antiquated technologies and processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and leave the Company in the hands of someone that cares a little bit about people.

Awesome.

Claims Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at EPIQ Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsInteresting and challenging work.
Good pay.
Consistent hours.
Great management staff.

ConsConcerns about job security due to temporary position.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more positive feedback. We really only get feedback when something is wrong.

'Manage by crisis' is an apt description

Beaverton, OR

I worked at EPIQ Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsLOADS of overtime, for those who are so inclined.

ConsPolitics play a HEAVY part in day-to-day life, as does scapegoatism. Projects are managed poorly from their onset, as communication and coordination are, apparently not necessary components for a 'successful' mailing. Middle-to-upper management 'yes' men/women are the ones who reap the rewards, as complacency and ambivalence seem to be necessary skills for advancement within this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, as they will mulishly follow their own path, anyway.

!!!!! Great Place to work, with a Diverse work environment !!!!

IT Person (Current Employee)

I have been working at EPIQ Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsInitially, I was a bit turned off by the environment, because the contractors were treated differently than the FTE. I was offered a position then it was rescinded for political reasons. But hard work and skill is recognized. A completely different department hired me on as a FTE. I was also a bit intimidated because there is a VERY high calibre of talent at this place.....I'll never make it.... My team, and those outside my team have been nothing but supportive.Being from the larger corporate environment...I had my gaurds up, and still do, but honestly it's almost too perfect. It's hard work, and a lot is expected...But this is a Work hard, play hard environment. VERY open to input, and very supportive.
I will say this..If you are afraid of hard work, and making independent decisions and need you hand held..this place is not for you. I have only met one unfriendly person in this whole international company!!!! Go figure!!!

ConsTreat the contractors less like transient resources.....

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a growing company...With growing pains....I love it... Keep doing what you're doing!!!! You're doing it well!!!

I really enjoyed working for Epiq systems, they do have a high turnover rate due to the jobs being temporary.

Contact Center Lead (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at EPIQ Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsA high level of autonomy

ConsHigh chance of jobs ending

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain employees for more than one case, its cheaper and will keep the employees happier.

Fun place to work with great people!

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I have been working at EPIQ Systems as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI've been working at Epiq Systems for 6 months and really enjoy the culture and work atmosphere. The people I've interacted with are fun, happy and intelligent. Management is easy to speak with and I can share my ideas/suggestions openly. I especially enjoy the laid back casual dress code.

ConsThe parking is horrible but they do offer free TriMet passes.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for EPIQ Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EPIQ Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EPIQ Systems CEO Tom W. Olofson. All 56 reviews posted anonymously by EPIQ Systems employees.