EQ3 Furniture and Accents Reviews

1 Rating

1. Easy sales job with decent furniture

Current Employee - Design Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Design Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice furniture, Commission can be really good. Lots of down time. Must work weekends. Manager is very nice and easy to like.

Cons

Although commission can be good it is often unreachable. Manager has good communication with clients, not so great with employees. Benefits are HORRIBLE. Too expensive and not good coverage.

2. Poor overall business strategy and customer service

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always had fun in my interaction with the clients. I also loved working with some world renowned brands we had in the store.

Cons

Very poor salary structure based solely on objectives which are not adapted to the times when you are working, meaning that if you can only work on weekdays from Monday to Wednesday, you will never attain the minimums to get commissions. The EQ3 furniture brand is often of poor quality and the customer service is terrible and slow and it's the sales rep that gets all the crap from the customers. In Quebec, the company refused to adapt to the local culture. No chance of being promoted whatsoever.

3. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, nice product, great discount, some benefits.Commission plus hourly wage

Cons

Lots of head office restructuring and management changes in past year.

Advice to Management

More training and consitecy needed for retail stores.

5. Hierarchical and under compensated

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt at the store level management was supportive. However their corporate vp's were difficult to work with. Their product design is excellent.

Cons

Their customer service at the corporate level is very poor. As a sales associate you often feel unsupported by the corporate customer service while trying to resolve issues. The company has a bad reputation for this and quality control which made me feel embarrassed to work for them. The store was rigidly hierarchical and managers protected their turf fiercly. I did not feel like I was given all the tools necessary to properly care for the customer. I often had to ask management for permissions and passwords to do very simple things. The commission is low and the sales targets are designed so only a handful of associates will make the target each period.

Advice to Management

Most sales associates are highly skilled and underemployed.. use their skills instead of feeling threatened by them.

6. Rewarding challenges, demanding workload

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-All hands on deck. I was highly involved in the development of marketing strategies and implementation, which contributed to professional growth and exposure to more demanding responsibilities, compared to my peers of the same level who were working in other agencies or companies. -Coworkers were great to work with. -I felt valued by senior management and executives.

Cons

-Demanding workload eventually led to overtime and weekends, and then to burnout.

7. Well paid and felt value

Current Employee - Store Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at EQ3 Furniture and Accents

Pros

A well paid retail managers job with commission and benefits. Basic $54k, 8% commission on store sales Free health and dental benefits, pension contribution 28 days annual leave

Cons

Working some weekends. Not many stores in BC to work at so if you want promotion you may have to move to a different province.

Advice to Management

Work hard!

RSS Feed </> Embed