ERICO Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

2.5

William Roj

Not the same place any more. :(

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Solon, OH

I worked at ERICO full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love the people. It was a great group to work with. People tend to stay longer than most places (avg. 10+ years). Upper management cared about their employees first before company's profit. Best learning experience. If you wanted to learn or get involved with a specific technology or a different aspect of the business, all you had to do was ask.

Cons

Average base pay, bonuses decreasing yearly (used to be exceptional!), mediocre benefits (used to be great!), NO work-life balance although they claim to promote family, they expect you to be ON 24/7. Spent many holidays working at the cost of my family.

Practice what you preach and pay attention to your middle management. They are the ones pushing their employees to make themselves look good to upper management.

Awesome company with a clear, articulated strategy and a bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at ERICO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture (sounds trite, but it’s true)
    Amazing co-workers, the majority of people bleed “ERICO blue”
    There is an actual strategic plan for growth – and management willingly and openly shares that with every employee to make sure they understand it
    The Executive Management Team is first-rate, with a number of high-caliber individuals
    The current ERICO is much less political than the ERICO of old
    Numerous career paths available, including international postings
    Our new president – Dan Mominee
    Weathered the “Great Recession” without resorting to layoffs, paid year-end bonuses every year to salaried and hourly employees, and continued to make investments that will allow us to grow as the economy improves

Cons

Very lean in some areas, need to add some staff
    Benefits used to be a LOT better
    401k match isn’t competitive
    We lack a barista on site

Continue to share our strategy for the future with all of the employees, that transparency and the fact that we actually have a plan goes a long way to allay employee fears in an uncertain economy.

The definition of dog and pony show

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Solon, OH

I worked at ERICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only good thing I can say about Erico is it is very easy to move to different roles. This is nice if you are just starting out and you are not exactly sure what you want to do with your career, but once you do find what you want to do, get out!!!! You will learn more, get paid more and treated better at other companies.

Cons

The main problem with Erico in a few words, “dog and pony show.”Middle management is so intensely focused on making is appear that great improvements are being made to Erico’s manufacturing processes that they make no effort to even pretend that’s not exactly what we were doing. On numerous occasions I was told to “put on a show” when upper management came to tour the plant. Upper management is so hopelessly lost when they do tour the plant they we could convince them that painting some lines on the floor and hanging some signs would suddenly increase efficiency and save hundreds of thousands of dollars. The next time they would come, the lines and signs would be gone and we would have a new flimsy sales pitch that they would gobble up. Management does not have the attention span to make any real difference in Ericos manufacturing. It is much easier to just pretend. The other problem with Erico is people leave and they leave often. The company is slow to replaces them and rarely ever hires any with much experience. It’s hard to learn and find a good mentor if you been with the company for just a few years and you are one of the more experienced employees.

Nothing, you just can’t fix stupid.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed

I have been working at ERICO full-time

Pros

Opportunities for growth, bonus and profit sharing

Cons

decreasing benefits, too many managers

One of the better companies I've worked at

I have been working at ERICO full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Flexible promotion paths available
    Good Benefits package
    Focused on retaining employees during the recession
    Well engineered products

Cons

Understaffed in some areas
    Focus on engineering deprives resources from other departments
    Management has iron grip on capital expenditure leaving middle management with little authority

Not a good place to work

I worked at ERICO

Pros

Stable Company even during tough economic times.

Cons

Lack of coaching and opportunities for advancement, poor managers, fierce and harmful politics

Improve coaching and development of employees.

Looking for a new job.........

Current Employee - Technologist  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Technologist in Solon, OH

I have been working at ERICO

Pros

Erico has a trend to hire new and young engineers.
    Roj stepped down as CEO.
    Erico moves its managers around every 2 years.

Cons

Erico will hire young engineer regardless of knowledge, experience or abilities, it seems they are hired base on the lowest salary they will take.
    Bill Roj has place Steinhilberin as CEO, but he is still the owner and leader of the company.
    Erico is missing a whole generations of support staff – they leave.
    One word about thinking about working here – Don’t.

Time for some fresh new people.

ERICO has a long way to go to improve.....

Former Employee - Designer  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Designer in Solon, OH

I worked at ERICO

Pros

A local manufacturer (To NE Ohio). If you get a good boss, you should be fine...but if you get one of the crazy managers, then you are left wide open and used as a scape goat. I hear they are trying to get better people in the last 2 years, but still pay low.

Cons

See above for details on this section.

Stop letting Bill Roj run the company as an accountant. ERICO is not a piggy bank to be looted. Focus on good design and manufacturing, rather than accounting games to raise profits....get better people in the company at all levels and develop and support them.

It was once a good place to work.

I worked at ERICO

Pros

Stable company. Even in the bad economy Erico has continued to make money. Erico has been in business a long time. Casual dress code. Time off policy is OK. Medical coverage is OK.

Cons

Management does not care about it's employees. There is no job security; all employees are thought of as expendable. In the past few years they have let go people with over 20+ years to trim the top salaries. They have "pushed" several long-time employees into retiring. They no longer offer a pension. Raises are far and few and then only 2-3%. Sick time policy is the worst I've ever seen.

Worked for ERICO? Contribute to the Community!