ERMC Reviews

1. So much fun

Former Employee - Payroll in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Payroll in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at ERMC

Pros

We were a very tight team and had lots of fun while completing the tasks assigned. I loved working in the home office.

Cons

Challenges are that you have to work the day before and after a holiday to be paid for the holiday. If you didn't you has to burn a vacation day.

Advice to Management

Reconsider your holiday policy for the home office employees. The home office needs are much different than the fields needs.

2. maintenance Technician

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ERMC full-time

Pros

Easy work keeps you busy not to many borning days.

Cons

Bad management, broking promises of training advancement ,

3. Very low pay no lunch room security office was a closet no hours and they talk about how professional they are REALLY

Current Employee - Security Officer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ERMC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are good

Cons

Low pay poor working conditions

Advice to Management

workers deserve to be treated better

5. Hope for a good local site with a good team at the local level.

I worked at ERMC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the sites can be fun, considering most of their sites are malls. If you're fortunate enough to have good co-workers and management at the site the job can be okay or even fun.

Although I had many complaints, one thing I can say is that recently the company was getting much better about giving their employees access to better quality equipment and programs. I was afraid to think of this as anything but a fluke based on my experience, but it does give me hope that positive changes to the company may be on the way. If this continues, the company may well become something much more employee-friendly than in the past.

The local teams can also be a huge boon if you're fortunate to have good co-workers. Some malls have outstanding management teams that care about their employees and do the best they can to support them to the best of their ability, given the challenges they face.

If you're looking for a place to get your foot in the door in the industry, or perhaps a school job, this isn't a bad place to start. But don't expect to begin a career with this company.

Cons

The company itself seems to have absolutely no loyalty towards its employees. The pay is often lower than its competitors, the benefits are practically non-existent and what is offered is worse than what can be bought privately. The ONE benefit that employees used to enjoy was full-time employment with a vacation accrued after years with the company...however this seems to be something of the past now.

The company often gives the impression that it is far more interested in liability and CYA than actually providing services, and if the two ever conflict, liability concerns will ALWAYS win out. This is not a large issue for housekeeping employees but often puts security officers in a difficult position of deciding between acting according to their conscience/best judgement or following corporate policy.

There are multiple policies that probably look good to lawyers and people in corporate offices but are less than effective in practice "in the field". Once again though this goes to the priorities and culture of the company.

Lastly, opportunities in the company are extremely limited and anyone who works for the company for a time finds themselves wondering if they really would want to be promoted further into the company, especially when they see that sometimes management isn't treated any better than many of the line employees.

Advice to Management

The company gives a strong impression of disloyalty and apathy towards its employees, if this were to change I suspect employee retention and effectiveness would improve.

My first priority would have been to raise the pay, however I understand that the industry is based on cut throat contract competition and this might well bump the company out of play. However, I can say that this and the lack of full-time employment opportunities knocked many good candidates out of the running. Not only that, but I have seen many minimum wage level employees seriously hurt by their employment being made part-time. Good, hard working people that were forced to take one or even two MORE jobs to work enough hours. Unfortunately, all of these jobs are part-time and these poor people no longer have any vacation time to recuperate from their difficult schedules.

There are many other suggestions that I won't post on an open forum, but it would make an amazing difference in the quality and efficiency of the employees if the company culture changed to reflect a priority on individual employees being empowered to do quality work versus doing only what needs to be done and focusing on liability to near exclusion.

Better communication between local managers and the top levels might be greatly beneficial. Quite often the local management is saddled with a challenge that they don't quite understand. They often might also feel as though their voice isn't heard or appreciated at upper levels. If communication were improved to allow information and ideas to better flow, it would be interesting to see effect it might have. This would require both the top and the bottom to listen to each other with a genuine interest though...

6. Was once a good company.

Former Employee - Mall Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Mall Director in Houston, TX

I worked at ERMC full-time

Pros

Freedom without being micromanaged. Regional Director Rob Short was great to work for and very knowledgeable.
    Worked in a beautiful lifestyle mall and loved the outdoors.
    Loved working with my staff and was able to make a great team until they were mived from full time to part time.

Cons

Awful budget, part time employees that used to be full time are not happy and you're constantly trying to motivate them until the negatives outweight the positives and sooner or later they leave.
    CBL customer not being realistic and want gold to come out of crap.
    Hiring pool is 18-21 uneducated and only works for a paycheck since we only offer 9 an hour 24 hours per week and dealing with outside environment.....you tell me which adult can feed a family working for that.

Advice to Management

Bring back full time employees and accruable vacation days. I do not see this company lasting another decade.

7. Shift work

I worked at ERMC

Pros

People you work with are great

Cons

Holidays can seem to last forever

8. Run don't walk

Former Employee - Site Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at ERMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work for this company. They do not offer or care about their staff will treat you like a rag doll and dispose of you when they are finished. If offered a position I would suggest that you run don't walk from the offer.

Cons

No promotion potential, health benefits are very expensive and salary is deplorable. If you want to work for a company that respects you and your ability this is not the one!!!! My position had five individuals in just over one year.

Advice to Management

Take a good long look at your management and throw them all out of the building I don't know where they went to school but they obviously slept through class.

9. WORST company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Security Officer in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Burnsville, MN

I worked at ERMC part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there was nothing I can say good about the company, i didnt have any major problems until a certian manager was brought to my mall, I went through 4 in 2 years, could be a decent job with a better company and management

Cons

worst management, worst HR department, no raises, no promotions, employees can threaten you and put you in danger and mangement does nothing, place is a major joke, infested with roaches and mice, they hire people with severe disabilities that shouldnt be working there

Advice to Management

dont hire poor management, dont allow your poor managers to make bad decisions in the workplace including unfair ones and hiring more bad staff, dont hire people with severe mental disablities, drug test, give raises and promotions, improve your hr department or just get rid of it all together because its worthless right up with the directors you hire, take your employees safety and threats against others seriously, just because someone has been with the company for a long time does not mean they are good for the company, dont allow managers to play the favorites role make sure everyone is treated equally, pay attention when someone calls hr with a problem dont ignore it, retaliation is allowed dont allow it

10. Interesting

I have been working at ERMC

Pros

its a decent job for a while

Cons

compensation could be a lot better

Its an in-between Job

Former Employee - Security in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Security in Roanoke, VA

I worked at ERMC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule, but that really depends on the local supervisor not the company itself.
    Not much is expected

Cons

No benefits (Ok.... they offer some poor insurance. Its pretty bad)
    Your probably not going to work above 28 hrs a week
    Upper management in locked in by family members/ friends.
    Pay leaves more to desire

Advice to Management

Your training videos are all obvious CYA, you offer no holiday pay or other compensation, plus your companies Health/Dental/vision/vacation/sick benefits are very... poor. You should probably hire better actors for your videos, not to mention update them.

The only thing you guys really have is your local managers, and they seem to be hemorrhaging from the company. They're the only ones who keep your employees from leaving and going to work at McDonalds for better pay.