ERRG

www.errg.com

ERRG Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

Small Family Feel

ProsSmall company with good people. Get to touch in all aspects of construction, construction management, design, invoicing, contracts, project controls, procurement, etc. Lot of room to grown and you down feel like a pawn in a large company. They also do not regulate your over time hours and you are compensated if you have to work long hours which does not happen to much unless you are at a job site. In the office you might average about 40 to 45 hours a week and in the field 45 to 50.

ConsCompensation is not that good, especially at entry level positions. They do not match your 401K contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to promote more from within and give better compensation to keep good employees, rather then hire expensive employees who end up not working out.

High Energy Company; Good People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThis company provides a high degree of autonomy and opportunity for growth at every level. Very supportive of ideas outside the box. If you are self-motivated and can show you can get the job done no one will micro manage you. Office environment is friendly, cooperative, and sometimes intense (deadline driven).

ConsSmall company with few corporate resources (do everything yourself from procurement to xeroxing).

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on consistent, clear communication. Sometimes there are too many/mixed messages coming from the ownership group.

Like a big family

ProsCan obtain greatly varied work experience

ConsSenior management needs to be on the same page

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lacking in communication

ProsSmall enough company to gain more project management experience

ConsThey don't match 401K contributions

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease value your employees by trusting them, offering company-paid training courses, and attempting to retain them if they have been offered a position else where (this can be done by other means than monetary). Also disseminate important company information to employees when appropriate.

Seek employment else where or if desperate take while you desperately search

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFew people that are human and honest

ConsPretty much everything, back stabbing boys club. If you are an honest hard working person this is not the company for you. Very "old school" and not in a positive way. Swearing, sexist comments and high school like cliches are a standard.

Great at first! Then a slow decline into

Assistant Project "" (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsDepends on the person in charge of you when you work there. I was lucky enough to get 2 great bosses in a row and I was thrown into the deep end almost immediately . One took the heat for me when I made a mistake and the other was very knowledgeable. Extremely nice co-workers and like the other person said the employees are very much in cliques. Luckily, I started before these cliques were formed so I was on the in crowd. I have no idea if this is still the case but I got to visit gorgeous places, do interesting work, be thrown

ConsTheir is a ceiling at which unless you dedicate your life to ERRG you will stop advancing. This happened to me. I decided to switch over to the construction based side of the project work and it was a giant mistake because I had autonomy before and now I had multiple bosses.I found myself at the bottom of the totem pole again and given projects that others had messed up. For example, I was given a project that was impossible to turn around and make a profit from, let alone minimize losses. The work hadn't even started and we had spent almost all our money. I began to get stressed out b/c the day was never over. If a gust of wind blew the tarp off a pile of soil I had to hop in my car and go cover it.

One time when the fence blew over due to a poor job by a new laborer setting it up. I was called and asked to go to the Presidio and pick it back up. I was honest and said I'm out with my friends at a bar. I told them, "I can't go to the site now. I've had a few too many." This was the beginning of the "he isn't a team player BS".

As I began to work more on the construction side, my favorite groundwater projects were taken away and I began to run out of work to do. It was a HUGE mistake on my part. Also, the amount of trash talking about other employees that occurs within the company is not right. I can only imagine what they said about me. One mistake and they will tell stories about the time that person made a mistake FOREVER. It gets old very fast hearing the same stories over and over again about that time.....

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. If an owner or senior manager is coming on site and slowing down a project then he probably is. There is no advantage of lying about this for the employee. Its their boss. The rumor mill was true and a senior employee was doing things unbecoming of a senior employee. Set an appropriate example for the rest of the work force.

ERRG provides good career development in any position

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Martinez, CA

ProsThe people, local, ability to grow quickly in any profession and have a greater impact on what you accomplish that you can not have at larger companies.

ConsLacks formal strategic planning, although general direction the company is heading is known. Company has experienced some growing pains due to fast growth in the past 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop strategy for the company and communicate from the top down.

Financials look good but don't be fooled. Outlook is based on one big job and manipulated

ProsCan't think of any except for a few people on the admin side.

ConsHigh school "in-crowd" mentality, extremely hard to break into (if you want to).
    Claims to be safety orientated. Trust me better to keep quite if you want to keep working..
    Benefits- bad. Forced to be off at Christmas thru New Years. If you want to be paid you have to use the vacation YOU worked for. NO sick days (again make sure you read your lack of benefits.
    Trust no-one and MAKE sure you get everything in print, funny how they will say pick up a phone and talk (really, make sure you follow through and get everything in print).If your an intelligent person who wants to use your skill and knowledge to grow...forget it. Everything here is done one or two persons way. Did not work so hard for so many years to be a yes man and a patsy.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to the truth before you head the way so many others have....gone.

Worked for ERRG? Contribute to the Community!