ERRG

ERRG Reviews

Updated November 7, 2014
Updated November 7, 2014
3.2

ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

A Good Place to Work

I have been working at ERRG (more than 3 years)

Pros

ERRG gives its employees the opportunity to learn and grow. If you are motivated and a hard worker, ERRG will challenge you and foster your career growth. Senior management encourages staff to grow beyond their current job title and responsibilities. I have learned a lot at ERRG. I enjoy working with my co-workers at all levels of the company.

Cons

Compensation and benefits could be better.

Recognize valued staff with higher compensation.

Good small company where junior professionals can develop their career

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ERRG

Pros

If you are seeking a challenge, where you can implement new a new process, this is a company, where you can have these opportunities.

Cons

Compensation is low. Myst
    Work hard and be persistent in order to have your ideas implemented

Put a strategic plan in place.

Not that great

Former Contractor - Sys Administrative in Concord, CA
    Former Contractor - Sys Administrative in Concord, CA

I worked at ERRG as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people there are nice. On-call and weekend work were not needed. Most of the time the environment is relaxed. Many want to pitch in and contribute.

Cons

A few are old school an unwilling to change to improve. Don't listen. Just hot under the collar and verbally abusive.

Small Family Feel

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

Small company with good people. Get to touch in all aspects of construction, construction management, design, invoicing, contracts, project controls, procurement, etc. Lot of room to grown and you down feel like a pawn in a large company. They also do not regulate your over time hours and you are compensated if you have to work long hours which does not happen to much unless you are at a job site. In the office you might average about 40 to 45 hours a week and in the field 45 to 50.

Cons

Compensation is not that good, especially at entry level positions. They do not match your 401K contributions.

Need to promote more from within and give better compensation to keep good employees, rather then hire expensive employees who end up not working out.

High Energy Company; Good People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company provides a high degree of autonomy and opportunity for growth at every level. Very supportive of ideas outside the box. If you are self-motivated and can show you can get the job done no one will micro manage you. Office environment is friendly, cooperative, and sometimes intense (deadline driven).

Cons

Small company with few corporate resources (do everything yourself from procurement to xeroxing).

Work on consistent, clear communication. Sometimes there are too many/mixed messages coming from the ownership group.

Lacking in communication

I have been working at ERRG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small enough company to gain more project management experience

Cons

They don't match 401K contributions

Please value your employees by trusting them, offering company-paid training courses, and attempting to retain them if they have been offered a position else where (this can be done by other means than monetary). Also disseminate important company information to employees when appropriate.

Like a big family

I have been working at ERRG

Pros

Can obtain greatly varied work experience

Cons

Senior management needs to be on the same page

Seek employment else where or if desperate take while you desperately search

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

Few people that are human and honest

Cons

Pretty much everything, back stabbing boys club. If you are an honest hard working person this is not the company for you. Very "old school" and not in a positive way. Swearing, sexist comments and high school like cliches are a standard.

Great at first! Then a slow decline into

Former Employee - Assistant Project "" in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Project "" in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ERRG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depends on the person in charge of you when you work there. I was lucky enough to get 2 great bosses in a row and I was thrown into the deep end almost immediately . One took the heat for me when I made a mistake and the other was very knowledgeable. Extremely nice co-workers and like the other person said the employees are very much in cliques. Luckily, I started before these cliques were formed so I was on the in crowd. I have no idea if this is still the case but I got to visit gorgeous places, do interesting work, be thrown

Cons

Their is a ceiling at which unless you dedicate your life to ERRG you will stop advancing. This happened to me. I decided to switch over to the construction based side of the project work and it was a giant mistake because I had autonomy before and now I had multiple bosses.I found myself at the bottom of the totem pole again and given projects that others had messed up. For example, I was given a project that was impossible to turn around and make a profit from, let alone minimize losses. The work hadn't even started and we had spent almost all our money. I began to get stressed out b/c the day was never over. If a gust of wind blew the tarp off a pile of soil I had to hop in my car and go cover it.

One time when the fence blew over due to a poor job by a new laborer setting it up. I was called and asked to go to the Presidio and pick it back up. I was honest and said I'm out with my friends at a bar. I told them, "I can't go to the site now. I've had a few too many." This was the beginning of the "he isn't a team player BS".

As I began to work more on the construction side, my favorite groundwater projects were taken away and I began to run out of work to do. It was a HUGE mistake on my part. Also, the amount of trash talking about other employees that occurs within the company is not right. I can only imagine what they said about me. One mistake and they will tell stories about the time that person made a mistake FOREVER. It gets old very fast hearing the same stories over and over again about that time.....

Listen to your employees. If an owner or senior manager is coming on site and slowing down a project then he probably is. There is no advantage of lying about this for the employee. Its their boss. The rumor mill was true and a senior employee was doing things unbecoming of a senior employee. Set an appropriate example for the rest of the work force.

ERRG provides good career development in any position

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG

Pros

The people, local, ability to grow quickly in any profession and have a greater impact on what you accomplish that you can not have at larger companies.

Cons

Lacks formal strategic planning, although general direction the company is heading is known. Company has experienced some growing pains due to fast growth in the past 3 years.

Develop strategy for the company and communicate from the top down.