ERRG Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.4
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

1. Featured Review

A Solid Small Buisiness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ERRG provides a positive and challenging environment to grow your career. There is the corporate support to allow you to succeed without being micromanaged. The company has real safety and quality control programs that work and are not just for show. Coming from another small company I was amazed at how well the company is run and what great work they do. I have had a great experience so for and hope it continues for the foreseeable future.

Cons

The communication between the corporate office and regional offices could improve. The compensation and benefits would probably be better at a larger company.

Jul 2, 2015 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear positive feedback from staff about growth opportunity and the strength of our safety culture. ERRG takes safety very seriously. We want all of our ... More

2. Good place to work and opportunities

I have been working at ERRG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had a positive experience working at ERRG. I've been exposed to a wide amount tasks that are either technical, construction, remediation, or management related. Compared to colleges at large businesses, I find I'm exposed to a wide number tasks each day so it's not redundant or boring. Some people complain they have to do too much management support (like procurement, financial tracking, etc.) . The more in touch you are with the day-to-day processes the easier it is to add value to the overall process.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity to do a wide variety of work and to move up for most staff. Because it is a small company advancement for senior staff appears limited. It seems like the company has lost and might lose strong senior staff unless the company is better about showing the path for them to advance/grow. Also, it does seem like there is a bit too much favoritisms with some staff that have been with the company a long time.

Advice to Management

Work on sending a consistent message to the staff in the company, work cohesively as a team, and support your senior management/regional managers. Try not to let your own personal experiences with individuals influence your decisions too much.

Jul 6, 2015 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear from staff that have been with ERRG for several years and very appreciative for the positive feedback. We agree that senior staff may need more ... More

3. Competative for a small business

I have been working at ERRG (More than 3 years)

Pros

ERRG is a small business that provides opportunities for entry to mid level professionals to further their careers. Here you have the chance to be exposed to new challenges with a very diverse group. Co-workers are pleasant and helpful.

Cons

Poor communication from Management. Could work on recognizing employees across all levels: technical, admin, field.

Advice to Management

Improve communication.

5. A Good Place to Work

I have been working at ERRG (More than 3 years)

Pros

ERRG gives its employees the opportunity to learn and grow. If you are motivated and a hard worker, ERRG will challenge you and foster your career growth. Senior management encourages staff to grow beyond their current job title and responsibilities. I have learned a lot at ERRG. I enjoy working with my co-workers at all levels of the company.

Cons

Compensation and benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Recognize valued staff with higher compensation.

6. Good small company where junior professionals can develop their career

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

If you are seeking a challenge, where you can implement new a new process, this is a company, where you can have these opportunities.

Cons

Compensation is low. Myst Work hard and be persistent in order to have your ideas implemented

Advice to Management

Put a strategic plan in place.

Jul 2, 2015 – President/CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. ERRG prides itself on discovering young talent and providing them an exciting, challenging atmosphere to learn and excel. Your recommendation for ... More

7. Small Family Feel

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

Small company with good people. Get to touch in all aspects of construction, construction management, design, invoicing, contracts, project controls, procurement, etc. Lot of room to grown and you down feel like a pawn in a large company. They also do not regulate your over time hours and you are compensated if you have to work long hours which does not happen to much unless you are at a job site. In the office you might average about 40 to 45 hours a week and in the field 45 to 50.

Cons

Compensation is not that good, especially at entry level positions. They do not match your 401K contributions.

Advice to Management

Need to promote more from within and give better compensation to keep good employees, rather then hire expensive employees who end up not working out.

Jul 2, 2015 – President/CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to hear that you enjoy working at ERRG and that you find your work exciting and challenging. I agree that promoting from within is the way to go. It is ... More

8. High Energy Company; Good People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company provides a high degree of autonomy and opportunity for growth at every level. Very supportive of ideas outside the box. If you are self-motivated and can show you can get the job done no one will micro manage you. Office environment is friendly, cooperative, and sometimes intense (deadline driven).

Cons

Small company with few corporate resources (do everything yourself from procurement to xeroxing).

Advice to Management

Work on consistent, clear communication. Sometimes there are too many/mixed messages coming from the ownership group.

Jul 2, 2015 – President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I am happy to hear that ERRG fosters an environment where you can grow and be a creative, independent thinker. I value and consider all feedback and at ERRG we’ll continue to ... More

9. Like a big family

Pros

Can obtain greatly varied work experience

Cons

Senior management needs to be on the same page

10. Lacking in communication

I have been working at ERRG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small enough company to gain more project management experience

Cons

They don't match 401K contributions

Advice to Management

Please value your employees by trusting them, offering company-paid training courses, and attempting to retain them if they have been offered a position else where (this can be done by other means than monetary). Also disseminate important company information to employees when appropriate.

11. Seek employment else where or if desperate take while you desperately search

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

Few people that are human and honest

Cons

Pretty much everything, back stabbing boys club. If you are an honest hard working person this is not the company for you. Very "old school" and not in a positive way. Swearing, sexist comments and high school like cliches are a standard.

RSS Feed </> Embed