ES Robbins Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.0
CEO

1. Should have taken the job at Wal-mart instead of E.S. Robbins.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

I worked at ES Robbins full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the workers are very nice and very friendly when I started there. While training and learning new lines and machines the operators took time to help the newer or new hires out because it can get frustrating and during certain times dangerous.

Cons

HORRIBLE PAY without the chance of getting on with the company. I worked there about 6 months and saw around 30 new hires come and go. I, for the most part, enjoyed working there but who can survive off of $7.50 an hour with children.

Advice to Management

I wish it could have worked out differently because i enjoyed working very hard with the other employees but considering the pay, it was not worth the headache. Good Luck guys ...

2. A complete train wreck of a company that can best be defined as dysfunctional.

Current Employee - Sales in Muscle Shoals, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Muscle Shoals, AL

I have been working at ES Robbins full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most products are of decent quality; unfortunately most of those are sourced from other domestic and Chinese manufacturers. Health care plan is competitive for the area.

Cons

Senior management, specifically the owner and CFO, are delusional and will take the company into bankruptcy rather than make meaningful changes. It is not unusual for most employees to go 3 - 5 years between pay raises (most of us have to stay here because employment options are limited in NW Alabama). The company struggles to make money but only because the owner spends a ridiculous amount of company money on his personal interests including horse racing, polo, and private jets.

Advice to Management

Convince the owner to walk away and let the few good people remaining to do their jobs before they shut the doors and put all of us out of work.

RSS Feed </> Embed