ES3

Updated October 31, 2014
2.1

Dennis Senovich

Challenging and Frustrating but Opportunity laden experience

Former Employee - Manager, Supply Chain and Transportation Analytics in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging environment with lots of automated technologies to work with. Learning on the fly is exciting and stimulating.

Cons

The pros of the fast paced environment is often fraught with inefficiency and mismanagement.

Maintain a stable leadership team and work towards one goal, in one direction.

Management top heavy, expensive benefits, business model does not benefit hourly employees, is going downhill fast

Current Employee - ___ in York, PA
    Current Employee - ___ in York, PA

I have been working at ES3 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good place for unskilled laborers to get experience in the work force. Also a good place for felons to land a job. (Especially those with DUI's or drug charges)

Cons

In the past few years this facility has gone downhill so fast! It puts in perspective the "Rich getting Richer, Poor getting Poorer" phrase. The business continues to grow and expand, however, the wages continue to lag. The annual evaluations yield a 1.5% wage increase at most. This is the most any employee is permitted to make on yearly evaluations. However, the weekly cost of health insurance has increased by 7.5% this year and had increased nearly 9% in 2013. Wages are going backwards. The unskilled laborers do make decent money, but bust their tails to get it. The skilled laborers are treated so poorly. I've heard some folks say they feel like they're being treated worse than they treat their dogs. Management speak to folks with such disrespect, it's incredible!
    This is an extremely numbers driven company, there is no concern for employee safety. This is a company wide attitude (including C&S Wholesalers who is the parent company, all owned by Richard Cohen, owner of Cohen Enterprises). The health insurance is terrible- high co-pays, high deductables, high coinsurance. It is a terrible benefits package. There's a matching 401K (match up to 3% and half match to 5%) which isn't bad. There are no bonuses, no profit share, and only 6 paid holidays. (Easter is not one of them). You will be required to work all holidays unless you are an office employee, by office I mean Directors, VPs, Pres., or HR. If you are required to work extra and can't make it in, you will be given a point. Holiday pay is 8 hours, no matter your normal schedule. Most schedules are 10 to 12 hour shifts. Most alternate days, for example, one could work mon. tues. wed. thurs. one week and the next week work thurs. fri sat sun mon. You are occasionally given one week advance notice for changes in work schedule. There are NO schedules that remain consist save a few hourly positions and all office employees.
    Overall, there are a LOT of unhappy employees that work in here, especially the folks that have been working here longer than 5+ years. However, when concerns are raised, management dismisses your statements and somehow finds a way to make it seem like your fault. You will not get promoted unless you are a good brown-noser, and even then, when you do get promoted you will likely be terminated within a year for whatever they come up with. Also, do not expect to have a life outside of work, you will forget what your families faces look like. You will forget what having fun is. You will likely turn into a negative and miserable person.

Treat people with respect. Stop talking to us as if we were children. Pull your head out of your bum and see how badly you are hurting what used to be a great company to work for. Listen to your people and take action on their concerns. Communicate more and often and continuously.

A place where great people gave me a opportunity to ignite a passion in my current field.

I worked at ES3

Pros

The people made the work bearable.

Cons

Lack of portfolio worthy pieces.

Diversify clients.

Amazing learning experience

Former Employee - Operations in York, PA
    Former Employee - Operations in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wear multiple hats, lots of responsibility, growing organization

Cons

Long hours, pay is not very competitive

Balance promotion from within with outside candidates

Challenging High Tech Job

I have been working at ES3 (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job can challenge your abilities and keep you on your toes.

Cons

Pay increases are not great, ask for the pay you desire when your hired.

Better hours for employees some they can have weekends off with there families.

Felt like a number and not an employee

Former Employee - Automation Technician in York, PA
    Former Employee - Automation Technician in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities and work is pretty easy.

Cons

They know they can get others to do the job so you're not anything important.

Better communication and planning.

Avoid At all cost

Current Employee - Hired Help in York, PA
    Current Employee - Hired Help in York, PA

I have been working at ES3 full-time

Pros

Nothing positive about this place.

Cons

Management is horrible the HR department is just as bad. If you look at the wrong person wrong your fire. If you voice your oppion your fire. They go threw close to 1000 employee a year. This place is full of liers and backstabers. You you have any pride go some place else. Benifit stink and insurance is $$$$

Fire all the middle managment and start treating people like humans. After all Lincoln free us all white and black.

Should be illegal.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ES3

Pros

They will hire anyone anytime.

Cons

They create standards (amount of work you must do in a certain amount of time) that probably wouldnt hold up if challenged in court. They use deceiptful and manipulative tactics to gain as much productivity from employees as possible. You are required to do the standard amount of work (100%) and get paid incentively for exceeding that amount. If you put in time and become skilled, and constantly work as hard and fast as possible, you can make good money. The problem is that when you do this they will find ways to manipulate your performance and your payrate so that you are only making slightly more than those doing significantly less. The management/supervisors/engineers are unethical, sociopathic liars doing what they do best to keep a horribly designed operation alive only because it is too large and expensive to fail.

Improve selector payrate. Improve training. Improve attitude toward new hires. Have respect and understanding for people doing all the work. Gain a group of solid, skilled workers. Injuries, turnover etc. will plummet.

About es3

Former Employee - Warehouse Incentive Selector in Strinestown, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Incentive Selector in Strinestown, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only good reason to work there is tha fact that it was a job... that's it

Cons

The benefits were horrible... they don't care about there employees what so ever, and if the supervisors don't like you they will pick out little things you do turn them into big things and fire you. Or just flat out set you up... I hated getting up to go to work there every day but it was a job and I needed it so the things that has been done to me and the things that go on there I kept my mouth shut.

My experience with ES3 was not a rewarding one. The job functions I ended up performing were not like job description

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay was good, most people at manager level and below were great to work with as were some directors.

Cons

not a very good work life balance, no employee recognition program established, occasionally threw hourly people a bone