ES3 Reviews

Dennis Senovich

1. selector

Current Employee - D2S Selector in Marietta, PA
    Current Employee - D2S Selector in Marietta, PA

I have been working at ES3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

as many breaks as you want it does not matter. make 25 and hour or 15 whatever you want.

Cons

your work every single day of your life. no days off. you have to call off 4 days in a row just to get a break

2. Great place to come every day!

Current Employee - NEW HAMPSHIRE (NH)
    Current Employee - NEW HAMPSHIRE (NH)

Pros

I am treated like a human being Good pay Nice people Opportunity for advancement

Cons

I don't have my own office, I share a large room with 15 people. (I hope to have one someday though!)

3. Good Place

I have been working at ES3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary, Good advancement

Cons

Disjointed Communication at times

5. FTA Loader

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at ES3 (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay ok benefits good people to work with

Cons

Long hours some times, lots of pressure

6. Bad Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros except if you like to work in sweatshop. Money is OK but if not that nobody would stay in the place where your only inspiration is to stay alive and have job tomorrow.

Cons

Management is terrible. They do not have smallest respect for employees. Your work ethics are not respected as well. Specially if you are not in favorite groups of people. In this regard I would say that nepotism and favoritism is basic philosophy of operating in this company. Ether you do good job or not it does not matter, " if you not their favorite you are doomed". Safety is neglected constantly for sake of production and than cherry picked individuals are prosecuted for safety violations just to satisfy occasional inspections or OSHA monitors. You are encouraged to brake rules, but than if you are at wrong time on wrong place, you are out through the revolving door. In my 5 years there I have seen more people leaving or being fired than in any other place around. People are mostly unhappy but they endure it for sake of having job and a lot of unskilled labor hoping to get some money and/ find another job in the future. Schedule is another bad issue and as such they reserve right to move you in any rotation shift without regards to your personal needs. They fire people with intentions to destroy their benefits and many desperate individuals are coming back, but like I said DESPERATE. If you feel so desperate go ahead and get the Job in ES3.

Advice to Management

No advice since they would not listen to any... I was trying hard to improve or change their course, but finally gave up and let it go.

7. Nice people, but clueless management

I worked at ES3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Enthusiastic co-workers who wanted to do a good job - Company had an interest in "doing the right thing" and advancing their technology stack

Cons

- As a new employee, I didn't get the basic tools to do my job (took nearly 6 weeks before I got a computer... and I was a software developer) - Senior management was very much out of touch and had unrealistic expectations - At the time, their technology was far behind and although they wanted to step it up, they were very slow to adapt

8. Great place for growth opportunity

I have been working at ES3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I see many folks who work hard and are smart promoted quickly and see life altering changes in salary and responsibility.

Cons

The time and effort commitment to achieve recognition and promotion is large.

Advice to Management

Keep looking internal for the right folks, it works

9. Not guaranteed 40 hours, goals are nearly impossible to make incentive

Current Employee - Warehouse Incentive Selector in York, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Incentive Selector in York, PA

I have been working at ES3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once you make incentive, the pay is better, but some nights you can barely make the goals. I worked at a McDonald's/Chipotle warehouse before and those goals made a lot more sense. They are almost always hiring because people leave so often, so if you're desperate for a job, you can probably get hired.

Cons

High turnover. Hard to make incentive goals. Not 40 hours most weeks. Though I am a former Marine, this job is extremely physical and hard on you. You are not guaranteed 40 hours, so while $15.50 sounds good once you make incentive, they can send you home any time. Medical benefits are really expensive, with the most affordable plan being $110 a week with high co-pays. As much as I enjoy selector work, I am accepting another job elsewhere with lower pay because I'm guaranteed 40 hours and affordable health care package.

Advice to Management

Cut down on the high turnover rate by taking care of your employees you have. Either set a fair hourly rate, or make the goals more attainable. 40 hours would be appreciated.

10. Ok but...

Pros

Lunches and hours. The schedule was early to get you home

Cons

High turnover and hard labor

11. Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in York, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in York, PA

Pros

The best reason to work here is that there is job security. They also have a very good 401k plan.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here are your peer, employees and upper management. Each department is divided from the other.

RSS Feed </> Embed