ESCADA

Updated Apr 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bruno E. Sälzer

Terrific Company, Talented people.

Marketing Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCreativity was everywhere. People were hard working- but knew how to have a good time as well. we were challenged, but also rewarded for our work and skills.

Consunrealistic sales targets. otherwise, it was a great company to work for. would recommend it to anyone. the clothing is quality- and always great to market quality.

Advice to Senior Managementless mico-management

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt's good to have on your resume and its paid, it's def gets your foot in the door and you can make connections that are useful. Interns also come from good backgrounds, they can help land you future jobs/internships.

Consfake environment, too much gossiping, and employees make you feel incompetent. You can't ask questions or else they'll get annoyed. You always feel like you need to walk on eggshells. I have heard so many employees talk about each other and then act all nice to their faces. I'm sure they did the same to the interns. I literally dread going in everyday, and it's a horrible environment to learn in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an actual internship program and have some type of rules on how supervisors treat the interns. Have the mentors of the interns actually MENTOR and not treat them like a personal slave.

Bit cold and uppity

PR/Special Events Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat brand to have on your resume

ConsVery cold and unwelcoming environment, esp if you are not an offspring of a super rich family. very click-ish, and snotty bunch.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shipping

Shipper (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsMonday through Friday schedule, gained knowledge/learning experience

ConsGM wanted to be involved with decisions in my personal life

A fashion company that knows nothing about fashion

ProsPeople are nice but most don't have a clue how to turn things around.

ConsNo management. Clothes are for old people. Constant cost cutting. Need a real designer

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to someone who knows what they are doing. Hire a designer and invest instead of cutting costs and people all the time.

Good environment - nice people - nice management

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice people - sample sale discounts - friendly environment

ConsA lot of change going on - needs more communication

Need to take care of the salespeople better

Management (Former Employee)

ProsI can't speak for the company as it is now because I've been gone for over a year, but they used to try to take care of their staff as well as possible. Through a series of management changes and an ownership change, they did their best to work with what they could.

ConsBecause of those changes in ownership their operating capital was lowered substantially. That created turmoil in the company as each part needed funds to drive business but there was none. Ownership ran it as if they think businesses can stand on their own with absolutely no direction, no relatable vision and no marketing. They were aggressive cost cutters and that affected quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to the owners. I fear that you may have irrepairably damaged the brand. It used to stand for luxury, color and quality in the fabrics and in construction. Since you've taken it over, you tried to turn it into cookie cutter, lower quality merchandise that mimics luxury. If I were management, the first thing I would do is to take much better care of your sales staff. They ALL look tired and like they live on minimum wage. Give them a small salary so that they know they can live until the commission check arrives. Let them select from items in the collection but made in black, if you prefer. Find ways to reward them and make them feel valued. Management is next. Listen to what they need in their markets. I think this may now be happening which is a step in the right direction.

Loved it!

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsESCADA is a great place to work because even as an intern the team respects you and expects you to hold the same responsibilities that an employee would. They treat you like you are an employee and are very good at communicating what is going on with the company.

ConsNot enough job openings, unfortunately.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people who are not somehow connected to the inner circle of people working there already.

fulfilling and engaging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy computer skills were greatly improved.
    The environment was very comfortable yet energizing.
    Their willing to teach is high and caring

ConsThe only con is that you will be constantly sitting at your desk, although I'm the type of person to have to roam around from time to time in order to stretch out.

Just another experience

ProsGreat manager! I was lucky though, but the other employee might have experienced it differently.

ConsIt can get quite boring at time, and there's not really much room to grow with the company in the long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to new ideas! Think what have made you at where you are in the current situation and change!

Worked for ESCADA? Contribute to the Community!