ESET

Andrew Lee

Excellent Culture, extremely top-heavy

Former Employee - Business Systems  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Systems in San Diego, CA

Pros

The culture in this company is second-to-none. The HR team does an excellent job of keeping employees engaged and satisfied at the workplace. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to join.

Cons

The organization is extremely top-heavy, particularly in the marketing department. There are more managers than there are employees, with several levels of hierarchy that makes projects crawl to a snail's pace.

Flatten out the organization and pay employees at market-rate as opposed to Slovakia rate.

Great work environment!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

Pros

There are a number of things that I appreciate about ESET. Having worked at the company on & off for over 8 years, I really feel like the people that I have had the privilege to work with care about the well-being of their fellow employees & the company as a whole. ESET is extremely ethical and balanced in it's outlook and is continually giving back to the employees and the greater San Diego community. It would be extremely hard to find another workplace with more positivity, energy & balance.

Cons

Nothing currently comes to mind.

Thank you for your hard work, support, and vision. Keep it up.

A great place to work!

Pros

Enjoyable company culture!!! ESET values and respects each and every employee. Employees are friendly, fun and hard working. Our product is top notch and always on the cutting edge of technology. ESET also has GREAT benefits! Not only do they provide us with excellent health (medical, dental, vision) coverage at a VERY AFFORDABLE price, we also have an onsite gym with showers, a wellness program that includes yoga and other fitness classes during lunch, daily fresh fruit and coffee, company sponsored runs, ping pong and video games, corporate massages once a month, 10 paid holidays plus 17 days of PTO your FIRST year, a 401k program with match and company sponsored events (picnics/parties). Another great thing about ESET is the involvement within the community and the focus on philanthropy. We participate in many philanthropic events throughout the year, from teaching under privileged kids how to surf to donating gifts to families in need so everyone has something to open during the holidays. The salaries are competitive and when you add in all the extra perks it really sets ESET apart from the competition and reiterates why it’s a great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Continue to offer employees great benefits and a fun company culture as ESET grows.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked at.

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

Pros

Outstanding benefits such as insurance and 401k. We are spoiled with all the perks like, fresh fruit daily, gym onsite, monthly massages, company outings, free parking and commute. A place that cares for its employees well-being.

This is company on the breaking point for explosive growth. I am extremely excited to be a part of it.

Cons

As with every organization, ESET is always looking for ways to improve. I would like some more career development.

As we grow make sure our values and culture remain as true as possible.

great product, great people

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in San Diego, CA

Pros

It's obvious the company cares about its employees- the perks, benefits, work/life balance, engagement in the community, philanthropy, etc... Awesome location in Little Italy... Excitement and growth of a younger company with the stability and support of one that has been around for a while.

Cons

Compared to other tech companies I've worked for, I have no complaints.

Good Bad Ugly

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great benefits, gym, monthly massage, view of ocean, parking, and location.

Cons

No professional growth opps and extremely low salaries with no yearly raises

None

Words can hardly describe my disappointment and heart break.

Pros

1. Somewhat decent pay and benefits.
    2. ocean view
    3. Great career if working in management, engineering or directly for the CEO.
    4. Very friendly HR reps
    5. Very friendly CEO

Cons

1. If you're working in customer service you can count on 'no room for advancement' and if you do advance after much proving your worth and begging, they will give you a position that is so stress filled that you will regret it.
    2. Management is verbally open about letting their employees know that they are only concerned about their own numbers and bonuses.
    3. At one point in time the company was concerned about letting the 'technicians' work as actual 'technicians,' but now since the company's primary focus is revenue, the customer support center employees are highly stressed out robots with a number system.
    4. Extreme micromanagement.
    5. Management makes employees compete for a desired schedule where as 'seniority' is a common practice in most and if not all other companies.
    6. Constant stress.
    7. lots of discouragement when looking to better your career.
    All in all a customer service job at this company makes for easy work, but management provides a level of stress that will makes the job seemingly the most difficult job ever worked.

You have very talented employees that are being ignored or discouraged everyday, open your eyes stop worrying about your own agenda for a second. Develop a management training program for current management, sadly the current management team seem is terribly inexperienced. Making an environment that is comfortable for management and highly uncomfortable for employees is selfish.

Not what I expected from a highly respected company

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA

Pros

*Good benefits
    *Free coffee
    *Get to work near the ocean

Cons

-Very little chance for promotion.
    -Unrealistic/unbalanced quotas which appear to be based on a random number generator.
    -Poor leadership.
    -Communication from the top down is non-existent (shut up and drink the kool-aid). Communication from the bottom up is either stifled at middle management or summarily ignored by upper management.
    -Very little chance to make Job become a 'career.'
    -every year more work is required with ZERO compensation.
    *side note* I don't remember the last time I was ever so stressed and unhappy at my place of work. I wouldn't not recommend ANY to work at this place It's stressful, depressing and it's a dead end job. Take your talents and skills to a place where GOOD LEADERSHIP will appreciate you.

*Set achievable, realistic, balanced goals.
    *Promote from within.
    *Enable employees to perform their best - training, equipment, supplies, etc.
    *Hire true leaders - the communication, recognition, retention, and promotions they will bring will have a direct and dramatic effect on retention and employee satisfaction.
    *Listen to your employees. They have no hidden agenda and only want to make the company successful. They can be your greatest resource. Place value on their performance, suggestions, and loyalty.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Awesome wellness programs and benefits. Can't beat the great HR staff. New leadership is young and energetic.

Cons

Still figuring out succession planning and paths for staff development.

Keep plugging along with developing the career paths and opportunities for employees to grow and be challenged.

Blessed To Be A Part Of ESET.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

Pros

Benefits is endless. The perks of working here is amazing and such an awesome privilege to have. Executives are awesome. I love how they acknowledge ESET employees and their voices. Opportunities to grow is amazing. A perfect balance with work/personal life. Being here for going on 6 years, it's a wonderful feeling to have that same smile on my way to work. The view, did I mention how beautiful it is? The list can go on. An amazing company it is.

Cons

[Jeopardy music in the background]. If only I can think of one, I would state it here. Maybe I am just too grateful. I apologize, at this time...I deeply and honestly don't currently have one con to write. Just sayin'.

Worked for ESET? Contribute to the Community!