ESET

Updated November 17, 2014
4.4

Andrew Lee

Great culture and location

I have been working at ESET as a contractor

Pros

Location! You can't beat being in Little Italy. Excellent work-life balance. Compensation is fair.

Cons

You can feel that product development doesn't happen here and there's somewhat a disconnect from the product. Larger company. So it can be slow at times. The culture is good.

Closer connection with the product

Great company, great culture

I have been working at ESET full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits from 401k match to health coverage is great. Love the HR team and really make employees feel at home. Work is interesting and management and VP's are supportive of ideas. Great recognition programs for employees that perform and are engaged.

Cons

Big organization can make communication sometimes difficult because the headquarters is in Slovakia and they are on opposite time zones (but that is just the nature of global business and not the companies fault).

Great environment to work in!

I have been working at ESET (less than an year)

Pros

Its such a different feeling here than any other job I've had before, in a very good way. The employees are extremely nice and managers are easily approachable and ready to help with any issues you may have. If you want to learn something, they are willing to teach you.

Cons

So far none that I can think of. Any issues can be discussed with HR or management to be taken care of.

Enjoy coming to work because of people, challenging work & good work-life balance

I have been working at ESET full-time

Pros

Managers and HR understand what I do and how I contribute to the company - and express their appreciation. I respect my direct manager's knowledge of the field, honesty, skills and accessibility. Overall, a great group of people to work with and a great downtown location. Plus, this field (cyber security) is one in which people can continue to learn and grow.

Cons

A few people who don't achieve much but manage to stay under the radar and get good reviews cause harder-working employees some headaches and resentment. Also, paths to promotion/raises are unclear.

Impressed by company values of giving back to charities and the community. Impressed by thorough hiring process. Recommend supporting sustainability efforts by encouraging telecommuting when possible. Don't be afraid to let under-producers go or at least give them a warning, it would be good for morale.

Awesome place to work!

I have been working at ESET full-time

Pros

Salary, flexibility, truly NICE people! This company takes its employees' happiness and welfare seriously! These guys have figured out that if you treat people well, and pay them above the going rate, you will retain associates and they will work harder for you! Work/Life balance is the best at any job I have ever had in my 20+ year career!

Cons

There are a couple of bad apples, but every company has them I suppose. With many top performing employees, it is rather difficult to stand out (but that's a good thing overall, right?).

Keep up the good work!

Excellent Culture, extremely top-heavy

Former Employee - Business Systems in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Systems in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESET full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture in this company is second-to-none. The HR team does an excellent job of keeping employees engaged and satisfied at the workplace. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to join.

Cons

The organization is extremely top-heavy, particularly in the marketing department. There are more managers than there are employees, with several levels of hierarchy that makes projects crawl to a snail's pace.

Flatten out the organization and pay employees at market-rate as opposed to Slovakia rate.

Great work environment!

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ESET as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are a number of things that I appreciate about ESET. Having worked at the company on & off for over 8 years, I really feel like the people that I have had the privilege to work with care about the well-being of their fellow employees & the company as a whole. ESET is extremely ethical and balanced in it's outlook and is continually giving back to the employees and the greater San Diego community. It would be extremely hard to find another workplace with more positivity, energy & balance.

Cons

Nothing currently comes to mind.

Thank you for your hard work, support, and vision. Keep it up.

A great place to work!

I have been working at ESET full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enjoyable company culture!!! ESET values and respects each and every employee. Employees are friendly, fun and hard working. Our product is top notch and always on the cutting edge of technology. ESET also has GREAT benefits! Not only do they provide us with excellent health (medical, dental, vision) coverage at a VERY AFFORDABLE price, we also have an onsite gym with showers, a wellness program that includes yoga and other fitness classes during lunch, daily fresh fruit and coffee, company sponsored runs, ping pong and video games, corporate massages once a month, 10 paid holidays plus 17 days of PTO your FIRST year, a 401k program with match and company sponsored events (picnics/parties). Another great thing about ESET is the involvement within the community and the focus on philanthropy. We participate in many philanthropic events throughout the year, from teaching under privileged kids how to surf to donating gifts to families in need so everyone has something to open during the holidays. The salaries are competitive and when you add in all the extra perks it really sets ESET apart from the competition and reiterates why it’s a great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Continue to offer employees great benefits and a fun company culture as ESET grows.

Best company I have ever worked at.

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ESET full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Outstanding benefits such as insurance and 401k. We are spoiled with all the perks like, fresh fruit daily, gym onsite, monthly massages, company outings, free parking and commute. A place that cares for its employees well-being.

This is company on the breaking point for explosive growth. I am extremely excited to be a part of it.

Cons

As with every organization, ESET is always looking for ways to improve. I would like some more career development.

As we grow make sure our values and culture remain as true as possible.

great product, great people

Current Employee - Technical Support in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ESET full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's obvious the company cares about its employees- the perks, benefits, work/life balance, engagement in the community, philanthropy, etc... Awesome location in Little Italy... Excitement and growth of a younger company with the stability and support of one that has been around for a while.

Cons

Compared to other tech companies I've worked for, I have no complaints.