ESET

ESET Reviews

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Andrew Lee

great product, great people

Technical Support (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at ESET full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's obvious the company cares about its employees- the perks, benefits, work/life balance, engagement in the community, philanthropy, etc... Awesome location in Little Italy... Excitement and growth of a younger company with the stability and support of one that has been around for a while.

ConsCompared to other tech companies I've worked for, I have no complaints.

Good Bad Ugly

Sales and Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, gym, monthly massage, view of ocean, parking, and location.

ConsNo professional growth opps and extremely low salaries with no yearly raises

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Words can hardly describe my disappointment and heart break.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ESET as a contractor

Pros1. Somewhat decent pay and benefits.
2. ocean view
3. Great career if working in management, engineering or directly for the CEO.
4. Very friendly HR reps
5. Very friendly CEO

Cons1. If you're working in customer service you can count on 'no room for advancement' and if you do advance after much proving your worth and begging, they will give you a position that is so stress filled that you will regret it.
2. Management is verbally open about letting their employees know that they are only concerned about their own numbers and bonuses.
3. At one point in time the company was concerned about letting the 'technicians' work as actual 'technicians,' but now since the company's primary focus is revenue, the customer support center employees are highly stressed out robots with a number system.
4. Extreme micromanagement.
5. Management makes employees compete for a desired schedule where as 'seniority' is a common practice in most and if not all other companies.
6. Constant stress.
7. lots of discouragement when looking to better your career.
All in all a customer service job at this company makes for easy work, but management provides a level of stress that will makes the job seemingly the most difficult job ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have very talented employees that are being ignored or discouraged everyday, open your eyes stop worrying about your own agenda for a second. Develop a management training program for current management, sadly the current management team seem is terribly inexperienced. Making an environment that is comfortable for management and highly uncomfortable for employees is selfish.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what I expected from a highly respected company

Customer Service (Current Employee)

Pros*Good benefits
*Free coffee
*Get to work near the ocean

Cons-Very little chance for promotion.
-Unrealistic/unbalanced quotas which appear to be based on a random number generator.
-Poor leadership.
-Communication from the top down is non-existent (shut up and drink the kool-aid). Communication from the bottom up is either stifled at middle management or summarily ignored by upper management.
-Very little chance to make Job become a 'career.'
-every year more work is required with ZERO compensation.
*side note* I don't remember the last time I was ever so stressed and unhappy at my place of work. I wouldn't not recommend ANY to work at this place It's stressful, depressing and it's a dead end job. Take your talents and skills to a place where GOOD LEADERSHIP will appreciate you.

Advice to Senior Management*Set achievable, realistic, balanced goals.
*Promote from within.
*Enable employees to perform their best - training, equipment, supplies, etc.
*Hire true leaders - the communication, recognition, retention, and promotions they will bring will have a direct and dramatic effect on retention and employee satisfaction.
*Listen to your employees. They have no hidden agenda and only want to make the company successful. They can be your greatest resource. Place value on their performance, suggestions, and loyalty.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAwesome wellness programs and benefits. Can't beat the great HR staff. New leadership is young and energetic.

ConsStill figuring out succession planning and paths for staff development.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep plugging along with developing the career paths and opportunities for employees to grow and be challenged.

Blessed To Be A Part Of ESET.

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits is endless. The perks of working here is amazing and such an awesome privilege to have. Executives are awesome. I love how they acknowledge ESET employees and their voices. Opportunities to grow is amazing. A perfect balance with work/personal life. Being here for going on 6 years, it's a wonderful feeling to have that same smile on my way to work. The view, did I mention how beautiful it is? The list can go on. An amazing company it is.

Cons[Jeopardy music in the background]. If only I can think of one, I would state it here. Maybe I am just too grateful. I apologize, at this time...I deeply and honestly don't currently have one con to write. Just sayin'.

If you get a chance to work for this company, do not pass it up!

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than 3 years

ProsESET treats its employees very well; whether it is health and wellness programs or excellent benefits, they make sure their employees are taken care of.

ConsThe org structure is a little too hierarchical for a smaller tech company, but I suppose that gives more room to move up.

ESET is a joy to work for

Technical Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than a year

ProsESET takes a progressive view towards the importance of their employees as individuals and offers lots of opportunity for employees to develop their skills, stay active and get involved in community. ESET is proactive about the well-being of their employees through a dedicated wellness program.

Communication is encouraged from entry-level to middle management and administrative positions and the office setting is generally high-energy and positive. Regular company activities and events foster good relationships between co-workers and ESET offers a very competitive benefits package with good support for families.

Located in Little Italy, another positive is the proximity of a number of great spots to grab lunch or a coffee.

ConsAs a multinational company, communications with ESET in europe sometimes create challenges in terms of timing or communication, however as technology gets better our efforts to be in closer contact make this less and less a problem.

Those living far from Downtown might experience some issues commuting.

For some reason the air conditioning always seems to come on strong right after lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to keep the best interest of employees in mind.

Takes Care of Their Employees

Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSupplies ongoing training including certifications
Great Benefits Package
Good Management Team
The most stable company I have ever worked for
Incredible facilities including gym and relaxation areas

ConsThe company is growing and there are pains involving this but the outlook is good

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication up. During times of growth and change there are always miscommunications but keeping the good communication going helps alleviate this.

One of the best companies to be employeed by

I have been working at ESET full-time for more than a year

ProsESET is by far one of the best companies I have worked for. The leadership team goes beyond the extra mile to make sure their employees are happy, healthy and continuously enjoying what they do on a day to day basis. The company leaders are very transparent and do a great job at keeping all of us informed as to where we are, future goals and strategies.The atmosphere, the people (Leaders and non leaders), everything about ESET screams family. I have worked in a handful of companies all exceeding 4 years or more through out my life therefore I have the experience as to what is out there especially having been in the corporate world and must say I feel very lucky and fortunate now working for ESET. I am compensated for the job I do, the benefits are amazing and overall I could not be happier.

ConsI think the only con is working in Little Italy with all the amazing food places within walking distance. I have put on weight since working here.

Worked for ESET? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ESET reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ESET CEO Andrew Lee. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by ESET employees.