ESP (New Jersey)

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014
4.2

Carla Lucchino

Awesome working for Jim Hoffman, a company who cares about the employee and the family.

Current Employee - Senior Logistician  in  Haymarket, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Logistician in Haymarket, VA

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family oriented, good pay and insentives.

Cons

No chance for promotions. After been in the company for over ten years I was holding the same job equivalence was I was let go.

You have taken the steps to fix what was broken.

Great company that looks out for and took care of it's employees.

I worked at ESP (New Jersey)

Pros

Friendly and professional organization. Employees are treated with dignity and respect. Management looks out for its personnel and treats employees like family.

Cons

Due to changes in government, there are fewer chances to advance in the company and less positions available for hiring new personnel.

Honest Company Review - worked here for over 5 years.

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros section is tough because the company has changed immensely from start date.

Training supplied each year. Decent benefits package .(It was better but now pretty much standard with other companies in NJ/US.) ESP is a friendly place to work. I met some interesting and good folks here. Learned new skills due to training and shifts in work load. The former CEO was a really nice person who seemed to really care about his company and the employees. The business has changed.

Cons

-Management lacks ability to see who is working hard and producing and who is not. As another reviewer mentioned, fat needs to be trimmed in many areas including way overpaid employees. Favoritism was frequent with past management. Lastly, during a hurricane and blizzards, despite state of emergency, employees were urged to come to work else they had to use their sick / personal time or take leave without pay.

Communicate more not just with management, but the people under the management. This will provide you with a more accurate understanding of who is working hard, who is satisfactory, and who is doing the bare minimum. Evaluate salaries....

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What happened to a once great company?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It was a great place to start working after a long career in the military. The original owner used to write about his past life experiences growing up in New York in his bi-montly letter to employees. Mulit-family members worked for the company. Soldiers would always ask if the company was hiring. ESP used to have a good benefits package. If you notice the reviews all the positive reviews come out of New Jersey. The real meat and potatoes for this company work out of Fort Hood, TX.

Cons

Once the company partnered up with Brookshire and Hathaway (2011) things started going down hill for the worker bees there at Fort Hood. The corprate office has grown by leaps and bounds, while the Global Team has been cut to the bone. Our pay was set back a whole pay period, vacation time was cut back a whole year, medical insurance was forced onto us even though most of us already had Tricare, some took pay cuts, and after massive layoffs we are on the road a lot more. There is no upward movement within the company. Not sure how this all could be legal? Now the Owner and CFO retired and we don't know who is running things. We are now in limbo, not sure if we have been sold since management is not saying anything.

Tell the employees what is going on Good or Bad. Remember ESP Bill of Rights.

Best Job Experience of my Work History

Current Employee - Director  in  Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Corporate Culture is World Class

Cons

Defense Industry is shrinking and lay offs impact employee morale for those that are left behind.

Keep being who you are

Absolute best company for employee support

I worked at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great support of employees by company results in great support of customers by employees. Generous, industry-leading benefits. ESP Gear! Honest and open communications throughout all levels of the company.

Cons

Some disciplines are rare among Army contracts, and when a periodic Army contract re-bid occurs, a competitor can underbid in the government's current environment of "lowest bid, technically acceptable" contracting award system, leaving ESP unable to absorb the individual with specialized skills that are not in ESP's mainstream competence, and that individual is then automatically terminated to be hired at significantly lower pay and benefits by the bid-winning company.

Keep doing as you are doing - I am just waiting for ESP to win the next bid (now that the Army has recognized their contracting folly) so I can be rehired.

As a 8 year employee I have seen ESP rise and fall. With the fall I have found they do not care about their employees.

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

ESP was a great company to work for before 2012.

Cons

They have cut all vacation and sick time to cover for OBAMA care. So now as an 8 year employee I have to suffer with no time off. This in unethical.

ESP needs to trim the fat from the upper management. This would free up the funds they cry about at every meeting. Also as a long time employee they need to get back to basics and start providing training to their work force as they did in the beginning at their university that is not used by ESP employees. What a waste that is. Traveling 90% of the time and when your home you do not get time off to spend with your family. That will bring the moral down in any company.

Working with/for ESP was an amazing experience.

Former Employee - Logistic Analyst  in  Haymarket, VA
    Former Employee - Logistic Analyst in Haymarket, VA

I worked at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is lots of growth potential with ESP; AND THEY TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES.

Cons

I have no complaints of them..

Keep up the good work.

Very gratifying workplace.

Current Employee - Senior Logistician  in  Fort Monmouth, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Logistician in Fort Monmouth, NJ

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEO and management very supportive.

Cons

This is a national defense contractor. As such, business is dependent upon our nations defense posture. As our forces and requirements draw down, so does the defense contractor business.I would love to return to this company, however, they are reducing their workforce at the current time. I will keep checking the job announcements. Also, many jobs were transitioned from Ft. Monmouth to Aberdeen, MD. Most jobs with this company are out of state; very seldom do they recruit for local support.

Dream come true.

Former Employee - Assistance Team Lead  in  Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Assistance Team Lead in Killeen, TX

I worked at ESP (New Jersey) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You have the opportunity to travel and meet great people.

Cons

every day is different a new challenge to overcome.

Taking care of people is important and ESP demonstrated that on a timely manner.

Worked for ESP (New Jersey)? Contribute to the Community!