ESP (New Jersey)

James E. Hoffman, Jr.

Best Job Experience of my Work History

Current Employee - Director  in  Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Eatontown, NJ

Pros

Corporate Culture is World Class

Cons

Defense Industry is shrinking and lay offs impact employee morale for those that are left behind.

Keep being who you are

What happened to a once great company?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

Pros

It was a great place to start working after a long career in the military. The original owner used to write about his past life experiences growing up in New York in his bi-montly letter to employees. Mulit-family members worked for the company. Soldiers would always ask if the company was hiring. ESP used to have a good benefits package. If you notice the reviews all the positive reviews come out of New Jersey. The real meat and potatoes for this company work out of Fort Hood, TX.

Cons

Once the company partnered up with Brookshire and Hathaway (2011) things started going down hill for the worker bees there at Fort Hood. The corprate office has grown by leaps and bounds, while the Global Team has been cut to the bone. Our pay was set back a whole pay period, vacation time was cut back a whole year, medical insurance was forced onto us even though most of us already had Tricare, some took pay cuts, and after massive layoffs we are on the road a lot more. There is no upward movement within the company. Not sure how this all could be legal? Now the Owner and CFO retired and we don't know who is running things. We are now in limbo, not sure if we have been sold since management is not saying anything.

Tell the employees what is going on Good or Bad. Remember ESP Bill of Rights.

As a 8 year employee I have seen ESP rise and fall. With the fall I have found they do not care about their employees.

Pros

ESP was a great company to work for before 2012.

Cons

They have cut all vacation and sick time to cover for OBAMA care. So now as an 8 year employee I have to suffer with no time off. This in unethical.

ESP needs to trim the fat from the upper management. This would free up the funds they cry about at every meeting. Also as a long time employee they need to get back to basics and start providing training to their work force as they did in the beginning at their university that is not used by ESP employees. What a waste that is. Traveling 90% of the time and when your home you do not get time off to spend with your family. That will bring the moral down in any company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolute best company for employee support

Pros

Great support of employees by company results in great support of customers by employees. Generous, industry-leading benefits. ESP Gear! Honest and open communications throughout all levels of the company.

Cons

Some disciplines are rare among Army contracts, and when a periodic Army contract re-bid occurs, a competitor can underbid in the government's current environment of "lowest bid, technically acceptable" contracting award system, leaving ESP unable to absorb the individual with specialized skills that are not in ESP's mainstream competence, and that individual is then automatically terminated to be hired at significantly lower pay and benefits by the bid-winning company.

Keep doing as you are doing - I am just waiting for ESP to win the next bid (now that the Army has recognized their contracting folly) so I can be rehired.

Working with/for ESP was an amazing experience.

Former Employee - Logistic Analyst  in  Haymarket, VA
    Former Employee - Logistic Analyst in Haymarket, VA

Pros

There is lots of growth potential with ESP; AND THEY TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES.

Cons

I have no complaints of them..

Keep up the good work.

Very gratifying workplace.

Current Employee - Senior Logistician  in  Fort Monmouth, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Logistician in Fort Monmouth, NJ

Pros

CEO and management very supportive.

Cons

This is a national defense contractor. As such, business is dependent upon our nations defense posture. As our forces and requirements draw down, so does the defense contractor business.I would love to return to this company, however, they are reducing their workforce at the current time. I will keep checking the job announcements. Also, many jobs were transitioned from Ft. Monmouth to Aberdeen, MD. Most jobs with this company are out of state; very seldom do they recruit for local support.

Dream come true.

Former Employee - Assistance Team Lead  in  Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Assistance Team Lead in Killeen, TX

Pros

You have the opportunity to travel and meet great people.

Cons

every day is different a new challenge to overcome.

Taking care of people is important and ESP demonstrated that on a timely manner.

In my case dismissive and over bearing project management, and poor support to the field

Former Employee - Field Service Representative Site Lead  in  Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative Site Lead in Watertown, NY

Pros

Great CEO in Mr Hoffman; initial compensation, training, and company values

Cons

Senior Management Team Tyranny; failed to issue proper support equipment after new equipment fielding completions, and repeated request from the field. Not good Team Players except at top echelons of Management. Junior Managers routinely exceeded their authority, directed and allowed remote support work then denied its culpability when caught by senior management causing unwarranted termination dedicated senior field staff

Senior project leader/ manager accountability, end the practice of do what I say; don't watch what I do, stand by the company values preached, and stop the nepotism at all levels

Outstanding company that puts employee's first

Former Employee - Senior Logistician  in  Haymarket, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Logistician in Haymarket, VA

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, great corporate staff that is always there to help, Upper management always available. Overall a great company to work for.

Cons

The owner is retiring. The owner built the company with the understanding that the employee's make a company. After he is gone ESP will become like every other company that puts the bottom line first.

Listen to your employees. A collage degree does not make for a smarter or better employee.

It was my debut into the civilian work force

Former Employee - Senior Trainer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Trainer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Professional work environment, easy to reach my direct supervisor

Cons

No tolerance for mistakes, showed favoritism with employees

Listen to every employee not just the popular ones

Worked for ESP (New Jersey)? Contribute to the Community!