ESP (New Jersey)

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.3

Carla Lucchino

The culture created by the owner was by far the best I had ever experienced.

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Compensation, Supporting our military. Managers that do care about professional and personal growth. Opportunities to travel the world depending on your position.

Cons

Lots of change in the defense industry, and not for the good unfortunately. The company is going through changes as well, and combined with the defense industry changes it may turn into the perfect storm.

Don't change the culture because the industry is changing. Know your workforce, as they are the ones in the frontline providing best service to the customer.

Times are changing

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time

Pros

Company reputation has been strong...very supportive of the military in which they support

Cons

Times have changed and so has management.

I thought this was a great company for which to work...but

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at ESP (New Jersey) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can't say there were any.

Cons

-Nepotism (family and friends) in senior management, making WAY too much for doing WAY too little
    -Too many employees who didn't really know what they were doing contributing to overhead burden
    -Incompetent management in some departments who think...'If the job isn't getting done with the current employees (who really don't have a clue), let's just hire another body to pick up the slack or hire an outside consulting firm'
    -No real communication (between departments, or between management and employee base) - Not a lot of team players
    -Too much uncompensated and unappreciated overtime-No give and take
    -Management buries their heads in the sand, never talking to their employees or seeing who is getting the job done and who isn't
    -I must agree with a previous reviewer that this policy of come to work, no matter what the weather situation, is ridiculous. Working from home not allowed, also ridiculous. Just because someone abused the privilege doesn't mean you need to change a policy. Some people actually "work" from home and get the job done.

Communicate
    Get rid of folks who aren't getting the job done or don't play on the team
    Stop the nepotism
    Come out of your office once in a while and get to know your employees
    Evaluate salaries (there's a lot of fat to be trimmed)

Money Hungry Rats Running the Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey)

Pros

There are no pros to working at this company.

Cons

Absolutely no future for anyone here. The "New" leadership is by far the worst that could be running this company now. It is sure to go under. There is no concern for the employees who built this company and as far as compensation, there is none. More benefits are being taken away. There is no motivation to stay here.

The people that actually own this company need to get a CEO and President that know how to run a business! They obviously have been easily fooled by the people they hired to turn this company in the right direction. A monkey could do a better job.

Great company in the beginning when Jim Hoffman was CEO and personally did all the hiring himself, I was amoung the few.

Former Employee - Senior Satellite Systems Engineer in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Satellite Systems Engineer in Augusta, GA

I worked at ESP (New Jersey) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits that well exceeded other prominent contracting companies. Jim Hoffman sincerely cared for his employees and made it an ESP policy per say, to visit with all the different departments within ESP on a monthly basis and put out a bi-weekly report to everyone on the status and upcoming events within ESP.

Cons

Worked for ESP for almost 10 years when due to budget cutting that ESP (when Jim Hoffman was CEO) had no control of, was terminated. Didn't even get a going away or thanks for your services, anything, and was severely injured while working in Afghanistan that negatively effects everyday of my life now. What the hell is happening to our economy and ethics of hard working people who are now former employees that are still unemployed?

To the new management,.... How can you honestly sleep at night knowing how you railroaded not only a good company but permantly damaged the lives of so many former hard working employees?

Great concept,woeful execution.

I worked at ESP (New Jersey) full-time

Pros

Low overhead, low margin allowed high end support, by dedicated employees, with value to customers.

Cons

Nepotism (family and friends) in senior management.

Start over.

Company Was Great!! Not anymore!

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time

Pros

GREAT GREAT COMPANY. Until new President and CEO took over. They are overworking everyone and pouring it on thick!!! They don't care about the Employees. The old President and CEO, cared so much for the work staff. Best company I worked for until they left!!

Cons

Value the people that are left!! Hard to find good loyal employees and don't over work them. They will leave and you will get what you pay for.

Awesome working for Jim Hoffman, a company who cares about the employee and the family.

Current Employee - Senior Logistician in Haymarket, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Logistician in Haymarket, VA

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented, good pay and insentives.

Cons

No chance for promotions. After been in the company for over ten years I was holding the same job equivalence was I was let go.

You have taken the steps to fix what was broken.

Great company that looks out for and took care of it's employees.

I worked at ESP (New Jersey)

Pros

Friendly and professional organization. Employees are treated with dignity and respect. Management looks out for its personnel and treats employees like family.

Cons

Due to changes in government, there are fewer chances to advance in the company and less positions available for hiring new personnel.

Honest Company Review - worked here for over 5 years.

I have been working at ESP (New Jersey) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros section is tough because the company has changed immensely from start date.

Training supplied each year. Decent benefits package .(It was better but now pretty much standard with other companies in NJ/US.) ESP is a friendly place to work. I met some interesting and good folks here. Learned new skills due to training and shifts in work load. The former CEO was a really nice person who seemed to really care about his company and the employees. The business has changed.

Cons

-Management lacks ability to see who is working hard and producing and who is not. As another reviewer mentioned, fat needs to be trimmed in many areas including way overpaid employees. Favoritism was frequent with past management. Lastly, during a hurricane and blizzards, despite state of emergency, employees were urged to come to work else they had to use their sick / personal time or take leave without pay.

Communicate more not just with management, but the people under the management. This will provide you with a more accurate understanding of who is working hard, who is satisfactory, and who is doing the bare minimum. Evaluate salaries....