ESP Safety

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.7

Richard C. Brown

Positive changes - high quality professionals!

I have been working at ESP Safety full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been with the company a few years and have seen a number of positive changes, especially in the last couple of years. I've been happy to evolve and grow as the company has grown.
    ESP is a very collaborative place to work. Most are willing to step in whenever needed even if it's not their job or responsibility.
    Managemet has shared their roadmap and direction of the company which was helpful for everyone to relate to.
    Lots of challenges and pressures, but I'm never bored! Need to hustle to keep up, but hard work pays off!
    Location is commuter-friendly and on the light rail route on First Street. Great work-life balance!
    Good place for career advancement too! Have seen others promoted.

Cons

If you're looking for a routine 9-5 job, this is not the place for you.

Continue to stay focused. Stay personable around the office.

Friendly atmoshere!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ESP Safety full-time for less than a year

Pros

The small group culture here enables me to contribute and make significant progress towards the important goals of the company. I'm asked for advice on projects so I feel my expertise is highly valued. The general atmoshere is friendly and i feel the company is interested in me as a person not just as a worker bee. Good work-life balance. Our recent bocce ball outing was really fun!

Cons

None I can think of that stand out.

Challenging work, no bureaucracy

I have been working at ESP Safety full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers. All very helpful. Excellent work ethic throughout.
    A great company to work at for someone looking for a technically-focused career.
    Management supports and encourages people to take on different roles and growth paths.
    I believe the comp level is at least par with the industry.
    Small company and project size means no bureaucracy. Can walk into the COO's office and get a decision on the spot!

Cons

Interaction after hours has been lacking, but recently management has announced we'll all be going to a Giant's game at the end of the month. Moving in the right direction!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked at ESP Safety, Inc.

Former Employee - Professional  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Professional in San Jose, CA

I worked at ESP Safety full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very small company with less than 15 employees, many opportunities to learn but required self-motivation. Friendly co-workers

Cons

inconsistent, non-technical and indecisive, and inexperience management, provided, opaque, and difficult for employee to build confidence. Employees received very negative or limited feedbacks from their job performance. Always afraid of expressing their thoughts from the constant threat of being fired. Yelling and disgruntling are parts of the upper management communication to their employees. High turnover due to random letting go or firing employees. Employee received no annual job performance or bonus as promised by employer. Poor benefits, PTO is ten days annually includes sick leave. Employee overworked many hours with out pay or recognition.
    The favorable posted review was mislead, and I don't think this company will never be succeed unless, they understand how to treat their employee and that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to company. success.

Learn to trust your employee, open communication, create a comfortable environment to build and nurture confidence in your employees. As mentioned above, employees are the pillar of your company, and the great resources that you can learn from in order to succeed and reap profit.

Antiquated management style

I worked at ESP Safety

Pros

Small company, lots of things to learn if you are motivated, helpful coworkers

Cons

Opaque, inconsistent, even indecisive, nontechnical management, little feedback, the constant threat of being fired, a boss who yells at people, high employee turnover because of random firings, very poor benefits, horrible time-off policy (ten days per year including sick leave), low pay. This is not the way to develop competitive technology-based products. I do not believe the favorable reviews posted. I am not disgruntled. I can tell that this company is never going to succeed by treating people the way it does.

Invest more in your people, learn to respect your employees, and quit firing people without reason. People are your greatest untapped resource.

Established international company making inroads into North American marketplace

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ESP Safety full-time for more than a year

Pros

Start-up environment with the financial backing of an international leader in it’s industry. Opportunity to make a huge impact on the success of one’s own area of responsibility and of the company as a whole. Chance to grow and advance as the company grows

Cons

Product brand not well-known to the U.S. marketplace and have to compete against entrenched companies.

This company is run with an iron Russian hand.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at ESP Safety

Pros

The organization provides benefits and salary that are competitive and cost of living sustainable. The employees are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

Communication is difficult due to language and cultural barriers. Think "Catch-22", Boris and Natasha style. Expect to work overtime without compensation.

Stop berating your employees. Try to say hello and smile once in a while.

Not a positive place to work.

I have been working at ESP Safety

Pros

The majority of co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful. There are free Costco snacks.

Cons

Poor benefits, poor PTO policy, no comp time. Micromanaging prevalent. Inexperienced, flip-flopping leadership. Generally a toxic work-place, where dissenting opinions are crushed and employees are purposely pitted against one another.

Embrace American culture and values, this is not Stalinist Russia.

Worked for ESP Safety? Contribute to the Community!