ESPN

ESPN Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

ESPN President John Skipper

John Skipper

Pros
  • clearly the leader in sports media and technology and part of the Disney family(in 11 reviews)

• Great team, Awesome work life balance, Opportunity to learn(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The scale on Work/Life balance is definitely tilted toward work(in 11 reviews)

• Long hours and traveling was constant(in 17 reviews)

The most exciting job I've EVER had!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Bristol, CT

ProsSurrounded by creative, smart and focused people who are always at the top of their game.
    Many opportunities to learn and grow and move around the company to find out where you belong!
    Depending on what department you work in, you may have the opportunity to travel to exciting events and locations!

ConsExtremely competitive environment, difficult to get a job

Great compensation, enthusiastic people, beware complacency

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bristol, CT

ProsRecognizable brand, excellent compensation, fun business to be in. There's plenty of work to do, so don't worry about being bored.

ConsBristol is dreadful, always being on top has made us complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake things up! Bring in some fresh blood and new ideas. Just because we've always done something some way doesn't mean it's the best way.

Great Place, Positive Environment and Competitive Pay. Great Place to work!!

Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) Bristol, CT

ProsLocation, Healthy Work Environment, Great Pay, Diversity. ESPN is a great place to work, it offers so much diversity with employees to opportunities for advancement. If you are willing to work hard, the opportunity to grow is there. They also promote a balanced life and offer many perks for employees to stay healthy and to work as a team! There staff is friendly and their Security staff is incredible!!

ConsLarge, Population huge, Dress Code, ESPN is an enormous facility to work in. Although difficult to create that community feel because of its size they do a good job in trying to bring that in.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun dream job everyone wishes for as a kid

ProsColleagues, Work Place, Sports, Work on something you love, Work with others who share the same love and interest as you

ConsNot personally but some have tough hours such as 3 - 12 am but only con may be salary at beginning

Advice to Senior ManagementNone they did a perfect job keeping control of jobs and making sure there were opportunities for interns by interacting with them.

It was great! They give you the tools to flourish but it is up to you to succeed

Production Assistant (Current Employee) Bristol, CT

Prosits a great place to be. If you excel at working your tail off and relish pressure situations then this si the place for you.

ConsIt is easy to get lost in the shuffle but really that is any company. Living in Bristol really wasn't ideal..But you can say that about anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementESPN is the worldwide leader in sports. Why change a good thing. You know how to identify an asset and make the most of it.

Great

Freelancer (Current Employee)

ProsESPN offers a lot of growth for entry level positions

ConsWish they had other offices other than Bristol Ct.

It was great but was unfortunately part of layoffs in December 2009. Been trying to get back in.

Associate Director Technology (Former Employee) Bristol, CT

ProsLots of new broadcast technology. Always on the Bleeding edge, thus fun.

ConsThe layoff and the unwillingness to rehire those who are laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone has 7 years experience with ESPN, but was laid off, please look to them to rehire for open positions. They have a lot to offer.

ESPN is an absolutely incredible place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospeople
    culture
    pride in brand
    opportunities
    learning
    perks
    get a powerful name on your resume
    opportunity to travel
    stability
    salary

ConsMy job was located in Bristol, and it's way too cold in the NE for me.

A great place to start out in the industry - lots of training with a team-oriented mentality.

Account Services Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat co-workers.
    Amazing perks.
    Ability to work independently.

ConsLong hours at the close of each quarter.

Highly desireable place to work, great innovators

Consultant (Current Employee) Bristol, CT

ProsCompany doing extremely well, growing rapidly, with lots of opportunity for those who bring valid skillsets to the business. Much comraderie.

ConsDoing well and having money (deep pockets) also brings a certain lack of focus. Not a strategy driven company. Built from ground up, lots of talented people who have been there many years, and sometimes not enough outside influences to help business grow beyond what they know (well... sports entertainment.)

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild more depth; dig deep to develop talent.

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!