ETCC Reviews

Updated April 1, 2015
29 reviews filtered by
2.1
Timothy O. Gallagher

1. Friendly but very hectic environment.

Current Employee - Software Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Software Applications Developer

I have been working at ETCC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, working hard to achieve deadlines.

Cons

There are no training in anything, sometimes they hire a lot of new people but the workload still heavy. No increase salary in the past 3 years.

Advice to Management

To managed better the workload, increase benefits to keep your talent employees in the company.

2. RUN AWAY!! Do not work here!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ETCC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck. That's about it.

Cons

The training was dismiss. I was brought on via temp agency, and expected to learn two new systems as well as a lot of other new information in two weeks and then thrown on the floor. I really feel like the company did not care that I was really there at all, and expected me to know ALL the answers to all the customers answers even though I was still a new employee. If I did not pass a stupid TEST, I would be let go. I still find this very insane.

Oh, and just throwing me a piece of candy once and a while isn't really going to make me happy either.

No Advancement opportunities at all.
    Saturday work schedules.

Mean supervisors and leads that don't seem to care what you do.

Advice to Management

Better chairs!!

3. Mafia Mentality & Approach

I have been working at ETCC

Pros

Hard and innocent workers who keep the company going

Cons

This is the worst company I've ever worked for. There are no rules or policies and procedures in this company. Leadership team, especially the development group, considers themselves as godfathers. They treat their staff like a bunch of herd - beat them to death to meet the deadlines- calling developers working on the weekends is a norm. From a human perspective, HR at ETCC is a joke.
    Management team operates below the line everyday -negativity, point figure, blame, profanity, lies, distrust…

Advice to Management

A mirror

They need to put more effort in showing employees that they are valued.

Current Employee - CSC in University Place, WA
    Current Employee - CSC in University Place, WA

I have been working at ETCC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- So far I can say that my Co-workers are great and it's an relaxed work environment. Not stressful at all.
    -401k, dental, vision
    -You get a coffee cup, go-green grocery bag, and a key chain when first hired on.

Cons

No incentives or bonuses and no raises unless you advance into a higher position.. Although I haven't been here long, I feel there's nothing to look forward to. I've been here for less than a year and people who've been here for years have had either no raise at all to a raise that was probably mandatory due to the cost of living requirements.

Leads give conflicting information.

Hard to advance. Not many positions in being a lead ever open.

(not company related): Bring your lunch to work. Since the company doesn't feed you ever, you will spend a lot of money going to eat around the UW. Everything is higher than average around this area.. You can easily spend $7-10 daily on a simple sandwich and a drink.

I wouldn't recommend driving to work, especially if you live more than 10 minutes away. There's always traffic, and you would have to arrive 45 minutes early to find a 2-4 hour parking space.

Advice to Management

Put some money into your employees:
    Mostly everyone in the call center either commutes by bus transit and a few drive to work. That being said, it would be nice if they would give us ORCA passes or stipend parking vouchers. I pay around $120 a month to get to work by bus. That doesn't include Saturdays either. Just like good2go passes you can have corporate accounts for your employees.
    There are plenty or spaces to park in by the office that are always vacant but you can only park there if you pay. Take away the amount of money it takes to commute to work everyday, and you're definitely going to see that come out of your wages.
    It would be nice to have employee appreciation and team building activities like bowling every few months or a barbeque sponsored by the company on a non-work day.

Raises would be nice. Nothing like a raise.. Heck, even a small one to show us "we value your hard work".
    You should provide lunches or breakfast every now and then. Everyone for the most part hates the cheap sodas and snacks.
    Most call center's now a days have some sort of gym membership or discount they offer since this is a sedentary job. That would also be a start.
    I actually am a great employee, I come to work every day on time, and I have high productivity daily. I see no reason to keep this up, if the guy who's been here for 3 years who works just as hard as me makes a couple quarters more.
    Happy employees = lower turnover rate.
    This company has great potential to be something great, if you guys would just care.

Great employees, terribly mismanaged and under staffed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at ETCC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A fair amount of the employees are great! They are friendly, personable and approachable.
    More or less without stress. Most calls you'll get are simple transactions or account updates.
    Great PTO package. They give you 3 weeks of PTO at the beginning of the year and it's yours to use or save. (Be warned if you use more than you have actually accrued and quit, you have to pay some of it back)
    Good benefits as well. Medical, dental, vision, 401k that they match equally, life insurance, and all sorts of other benefits.
    Overtime is usually offered. It's not mandatory but it's nice to know it's there if you want to pick up some extra money.
    They start all call center employees at the same rate so that there is no favoritism.
    They are only adding more tolling areas so the business will continue to thrive. Job security!

Cons

Horribly mismanaged!! If you ask a lead a question, one might say "Do A" and then you ask another, the second lead could say "Do B" then a third would say "Don't do C, do V" or whatever. For the most part, it seems like all superiors have a certain amount of knowledge that they don't share with the rest of the employees or other leads.

There is a STRONG division of employees and leads. The leads are supposed to lead your row as a TEAM but they are very clique-y and there really isn't much constructive feedback. It's usually "You did this one thing wrong. Don't do that again and you're on your way up!"

"On your way up" is BS. There's really no verticality to the position. You start likely as a call center rep and can get a "promotion" (no pay increase and added responsibilities) to service support. Then you can get promoted to lead. Though there are only 4-5 lead positions and they only come up once a year or less.

Incredible lack of training for new hires. It's a very in-depth position and you really need to understand all angles of the program before taking any calls but they are so eager to get people out of the class room and into the call center. They usually have the new hires out listening to calls on their THIRD day. This is not sufficient time to properly grasp what you're doing for the customer!

The actual supervisors above the leads don't seem to know a thing about the actual tolling operations. Sure, they handle higher up stuff but don't bother asking them for assistance on a call.

Too many supervisors want to pass the buck or avoid taking any escalations. It's always "Get them scheduled for a call back" and then the lead goes back to their desk and twiddles their thumbs. It's demeaning to the customer and disrespectful of the employees.

No raises for employees after YEARS. You will only get a raise if you get promoted to a lead and even then, it's only a couple dollars more an hour. Pathetic!

The software they use for account and billing management is an absolute joke. It constantly crashes, has errors and general quirks. It's bad. I mean, REALLY bad. I've never worked in a call center where the software the employees need to use was so bad.

The voice over IP connection they use is also a joke. It has a THREE TO FIVE SECOND delay! When the customer speaks, you really don't hear it for seconds and alternatively, when you reply, they don't hear for seconds! This leads to customers thinking you're talking over them, or missing words and cutting each other off constantly. The phone lines drop audio for about 10 seconds every 2-3 calls for each agent. It's random, infuriating and incredibly cheap. Since I started working there, the delay had gotten worse, the drop rate increased and there was absolutely no fix in sight. Management was aware of this hindering issue, but NO fix after months and months and it just got more and more frustrating.

Your shifts are likely going to be 9 1/2 hour shifts. When you start, you work Monday through Saturday and have 1 day off during the week, and work 4 hours on Saturday. After some tenure you may eventually work your way up to a regular M-F position but it doesn't come without management constantly asking you to come in on your days off. There was 8 weeks in a row where they asked me to come in for OT on Saturday. Which is fine if you need extra money, but most of the time they understaff during the week and overstaff during the weekends so you end up sitting there doing nothing. A pro for some, I'm sure, but not everyone enjoys sitting around doing nothing.

Because of the fact that you work 7:45-5:15 and until 1 on Saturdays, you might end up losing a lot of your free time if you have any sort of commute.

There is a parking lot, but you will NOT get a free or discounted parking pass from the company. You must either park on the extremely limited nearby streets where it's all 2 hour parking or 4 hour paid parking, bus/cab/bike in to work or park upwards of 7 blocks away and walk in. It's not convienent to get to if you're a driver and it costs $12 a day to park! during the week and $5 on Saturday. That's $53 dollars a WEEK in parking. You can get a free parking pass for the lot...if you're one of the 5 leads. They are the only employees offered a parking pass.

Advice to Management

Find a better way for agents to take a call. The VOIP is incredibly bad and being that the whole job surrounds being on the phone, you'd be best to make it a priority to fix.

More in depth training! Stop putting agents out on the phone long before they are ready. This only leads to them putting every customer on hold to ask someone else the answer. This increases call times, customer frustrations and escalations. You're only hurting yourself.

Raises for employees! The fees are going up every year, they are adding new tolling zones but ZERO pay increase for call center agents? Oh great you match 401k contributions but that is not enough and that is exactly why the turnover rate is through the roof. To retain good employees you need to show your employees that you actually care about them.

Stop wasting time on stupid monthly bagel parties and focus on fixing the computer software and VOIP setup. These are absolutely CRITICAL issues.

Provide more support for call center employees. Give them better answers to questions!

7. Reactionary company rather than positive planning company.

I have been working at ETCC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The teams are great people to work with. Everyone wants to do a good job and be successful.

Cons

Management is distant unless there is a crisis. And management across different departments don't necessarily collaborate where there is a problem, instead you get 10 calls from different people wanting the same answer. Also, no raises again this year. Disappointing.

Advice to Management

Get involved. Be more proactive with employees, projects, and planning. And compensate staff to retain.

No salary raise for years

Current Employee - Account Receivable, Payment Processor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Receivable, Payment Processor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ETCC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Non-stressful working environment, no work on weekends

Cons

Low salary, no annual raise offered for more than 3 years. Company "compensating" it with all kinds of silly entertainments, pretending they care about employees, giving away Dollar Store sweets and root beer. Call center employees don't get raise in years despite of stressful nature of they job. Toll fees are going up every 6 months, but not employees salary.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees by raising they paycheck, not by sweets and silly contests

Life at ETCC

I worked at ETCC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of ETCC is the people. Always willing to work together, friendly and so many different cultures to learn from.

Cons

The equipment is outdated making it difficult to perform your job function to the best of your ability. Also upper management some times has a disconnect with the things that are going on. There are a few that are really outstanding individuals but unfortunately not enough.

Advice to Management

The owner of the company who is there on a daily basis really needs to be in touch with the employees and what there needs are. Spend the money so you can keep the exceptional talent that you have.

10. Good place to work

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at ETCC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good domain. Good pay. Nice colleagues

Cons

Slow Career growth, poor management.

Most unprofessional place to work for. Upper management SUCKS.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at ETCC full-time

Pros

Great and talented bunch of coworkers.

Cons

Upper Management always involved in politics. They don't have a clue what they are doing, very irresponsible. Don't expect any career growth. Repent wasting my time there.

Advice to Management

LOL - Advice to management ???? Are you kidding me... they don't need any... they are way past that phase...