ETS-Lindgren

Updated July 8, 2014
Updated July 8, 2014
2.0

Bruce Butler

Good experience but terrible leadership

I worked at ETS-Lindgren

Pros

Hands on a lot of different things normally not available at a larger corp.

Cons

Constantly working against management to get things done correctly.

Great place for starting experience.

Aug 5, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At ETS-Lindgren, one of our core values is that we act with integrity, doing things right the first time and every time.

Within any

Passive-Aggressive, intimidation-style management

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable/Collection  in  Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable/Collection in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at ETS-Lindgren as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

A very Innovative and creative environment

Cons

The fact that the position I accepted had a very HIGH turnover, was stressed from the start. The reason behind it, I was told, was that the department could not find the "right fit". It was explained to me that former employees would simply shut-down under stress. I realized very quickly WHY former employees, now including myself, eventually displayed this reaction. The high turnover was clearly not a result of any kind of "fit", but as a result of unrealistic expectations, sarcasm, passive-aggressive behavior and intimidation of the department manager.

After only two weeks, not only was I blatantly ignored by the manager, it escalated to sarcasm and more passive-aggressive behavior . I tried to do the best I could, considering, but anyone would be disheartened and unmotivated to work effectively within such a tense and negative work environment. Unwilling to make waves, I kept my experience to myself, for a little while. I was so new and so I was reluctant to be seen as "incapable" or "complaining". The final straw was when I was urged to participate in some unethical practices, pertaining to a client's account access.

After putting up with the manager for approximately three weeks, I requested assistance from a different manager. I only hoped that asking for that manager's help would make my predicament and lack of support, obvious. Unfortunately, my contract was terminated the next day. I will admit, the only emotion I felt was relief. I humbly request that you avoid filling this position, until this matter is properly addressed. A final note to any employee facing this sort of behavior, please speak up. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.

Invest heavily in developing your managers' management styles and bettering their people-skills.

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for your review. As an organization, we are committed to providing a professional work environment where all employees are given the opportunity to succeed. We wish your experience with ... More

Positive experience, growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren full-time

Pros

Excellent health and insurance benefits, yearly bonus, cost conscious, employee recognition, quality, expanding global presence in promoting and servicing products.

Cons

Too much focus on cost cutting vs considering payback on investment, micromanaged, temps take long time to get hired results in lack of ownership and loyalty, facility closed IIlinois plant

Empower employees to make sound decisions without being micromanaged

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your experiences and are glad that you value the health and welfare benefits offered to our employees.

Cost control measures

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Upper Management, I watch HR fire people on unjust grounds all the time!

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren

Pros

You can always find a better job, close to many restaurants, near Austin, watching the head engineers has it's laughable moments.

Cons

Company doesn't care about it's middle and lower employees, pay is not competitive, HR has no interest in establishing actual human relations to the employees, a not a good long term choice.

Realize you are the same product that fortifies the failing of companies and communities nationwide.

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for opportunities to improve our employee engagement and the HR team is committed to acting as a business partner and employee advocate ... More

Entertaining but disconnected

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at ETS-Lindgren full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good cultural life with lots of events and entertainments. Mostly stable job (not competitively paid though) due to conservative EMC market. Ideal for someone who loves slow pace tribal sort of environment and who can successfully navigate in archaic office politics.

Cons

Gross disconnection between management and non-management employees, i.e. what managers want is not necessarily what employees want or agree upon. As a result, a lot of hypocrisy is going on that drugs performance and ethics down. Seniority and job security is more important than performance and innovation. Managers or senior technical staff never make any mistakes and subordination is a holy cow.

management is inadvisable

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

As a company with a long history in the industry, employees are offered long-term career opportunities with a focus on future growth. Innovation
    ... More

ETS-Lindgren is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Assistant  in  Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee Fun fund, Great Atmosphere, Free Training, Annual Bonuses, Wellness Events, Volleyball, Horseshoes, Movie Nights, Boat Rides, BBQs, Paintball, Bowling, Health Fair,... ETS is a great place to work with some of the most amazing people that I have ever met. From upper management assisting employees without broadcasting to the masses; to serving the employees in aprons a group events.

Cons

Coworkers are spoiled and complain about the lotion in the ladies room. Bottom line with any job or relationship, you receive what you put into it. I come to work expecting it to be a great day with great people. Cons, I don't really have any.

Buy the land behind the building and put the engineers in their own office; they are strange.

Was a fun place to work

Former Employee - Manager  in  Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at ETS-Lindgren full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of work to do; always busy

Cons

Not employee friendly anymore. The culture has changed from was it in 2011.

They need to get back to the culture they had when I started there in 2011. They seemed to have lost it somewhere along the way.

Wasted my career!

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work, UNTIL IT WENT PUBLIC. The owner/president was a very knowledgeable double-degreed (ME & EE) absolute pleasure to work for.

Cons

After his departure, it all went to hell in a hanky. Repair and Warranty went through the roof. Wouldn't give you a dollar or a doughnut for the Chief Operations Officer. After 2012, R&D couldn't research their way out of a paper bag.

Respect your employees as you would like to be respected.

This organization will struggle to survive without changes in Senior management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

I worked at ETS-Lindgren full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great group of people once you remove senior management. Opportunities to become involved in a lot of different areas. It is difficult to be bored if you are assertive.

Cons

It is clear to the employees that many individuals at a senior management level have been promoted well beyond their level of competence. Lack of educated senior management with technical backgrounds for an engineering based company. Despite annual training, had some experiences where senior management acted in a very unethical manner.

Do what you say you are going to do. Learn how to effectively manage those below you.

Over worked scapegoat for the company

Current Employee - Press Brake Opp  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Press Brake Opp in Austin, TX

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of any pros

Cons

They will work you 12 or more hours a day 6 days a week and pay you wal-mart pay, i was blamed for mistakes made by a bad machine and when i told them the machine was not working correctly i was ridiculed by management.

Listen to the employees and give them time for family

Worked for ETS-Lindgren? Contribute to the Community!