ETS-Lindgren

www.ets-lindgren.com

ETS-Lindgren Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Bruce Butler

Good experience but terrible leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHands on a lot of different things normally not available at a larger corp.

ConsConstantly working against management to get things done correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place for starting experience.

Passive-Aggressive, intimidation-style management

Accounts Receivable/Collection (Former Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsA very Innovative and creative environment

ConsThe fact that the position I accepted had a very HIGH turnover, was stressed from the start. The reason behind it, I was told, was that the department could not find the "right fit". It was explained to me that former employees would simply shut-down under stress. I realized very quickly WHY former employees, now including myself, eventually displayed this reaction. The high turnover was clearly not a result of any kind of "fit", but as a result of unrealistic expectations, sarcasm, passive-aggressive behavior and intimidation of the department manager.

After only two weeks, not only was I blatantly ignored by the manager, it escalated to sarcasm and more passive-aggressive behavior . I tried to do the best I could, considering, but anyone would be disheartened and unmotivated to work effectively within such a tense and negative work environment. Unwilling to make waves, I kept my experience to myself, for a little while. I was so new and so I was reluctant to be seen as "incapable" or "complaining". The final straw was when I was urged to participate in some unethical practices, pertaining to a client's account access.

After putting up with the manager for approximately three weeks, I requested assistance from a different manager. I only hoped that asking for that manager's help would make my predicament and lack of support, obvious. Unfortunately, my contract was terminated the next day. I will admit, the only emotion I felt was relief. I humbly request that you avoid filling this position, until this matter is properly addressed. A final note to any employee facing this sort of behavior, please speak up. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest heavily in developing your managers' management styles and bettering their people-skills.

Jul 17, 2014

Thank you for your review. As an organization, we are committed to providing a professional work environment where all employees are given the opportunity to succeed. We wish your experience with ... More

Positive experience, growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale Heights, IL

ProsExcellent health and insurance benefits, yearly bonus, cost conscious, employee recognition, quality, expanding global presence in promoting and servicing products.

ConsToo much focus on cost cutting vs considering payback on investment, micromanaged, temps take long time to get hired results in lack of ownership and loyalty, facility closed IIlinois plant

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees to make sound decisions without being micromanaged

Jul 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your experiences and are glad that you value the health and welfare benefits offered to our employees.

Cost control measures
    ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Upper Management, I watch HR fire people on unjust grounds all the time!

ProsYou can always find a better job, close to many restaurants, near Austin, watching the head engineers has it's laughable moments.

ConsCompany doesn't care about it's middle and lower employees, pay is not competitive, HR has no interest in establishing actual human relations to the employees, a not a good long term choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize you are the same product that fortifies the failing of companies and communities nationwide.

Jul 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for opportunities to improve our employee engagement and the HR team is committed to acting as a business partner and employee advocate ... More

Entertaining but disconnected

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsGood cultural life with lots of events and entertainments. Mostly stable job (not competitively paid though) due to conservative EMC market. Ideal for someone who loves slow pace tribal sort of environment and who can successfully navigate in archaic office politics.

ConsGross disconnection between management and non-management employees, i.e. what managers want is not necessarily what employees want or agree upon. As a result, a lot of hypocrisy is going on that drugs performance and ethics down. Seniority and job security is more important than performance and innovation. Managers or senior technical staff never make any mistakes and subordination is a holy cow.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is inadvisable

Jul 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

As a company with a long history in the industry, employees are offered long-term career opportunities with a focus on future growth. Innovation
    ... More

ETS-Lindgren is a Great Place to Work!

Assistant (Current Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsEmployee Fun fund, Great Atmosphere, Free Training, Annual Bonuses, Wellness Events, Volleyball, Horseshoes, Movie Nights, Boat Rides, BBQs, Paintball, Bowling, Health Fair,... ETS is a great place to work with some of the most amazing people that I have ever met. From upper management assisting employees without broadcasting to the masses; to serving the employees in aprons a group events.

ConsCoworkers are spoiled and complain about the lotion in the ladies room. Bottom line with any job or relationship, you receive what you put into it. I come to work expecting it to be a great day with great people. Cons, I don't really have any.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy the land behind the building and put the engineers in their own office; they are strange.

Was a fun place to work

Manager (Former Employee) Cedar Park, TX

ProsLots of work to do; always busy

ConsNot employee friendly anymore. The culture has changed from was it in 2011.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to get back to the culture they had when I started there in 2011. They seemed to have lost it somewhere along the way.

Wasted my career!

ProsGreat place to work, UNTIL IT WENT PUBLIC. The owner/president was a very knowledgeable double-degreed (ME & EE) absolute pleasure to work for.

ConsAfter his departure, it all went to hell in a hanky. Repair and Warranty went through the roof. Wouldn't give you a dollar or a doughnut for the Chief Operations Officer. After 2012, R&D couldn't research their way out of a paper bag.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees as you would like to be respected.

This organization will struggle to survive without changes in Senior management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glendale Heights, IL

ProsGreat group of people once you remove senior management. Opportunities to become involved in a lot of different areas. It is difficult to be bored if you are assertive.

ConsIt is clear to the employees that many individuals at a senior management level have been promoted well beyond their level of competence. Lack of educated senior management with technical backgrounds for an engineering based company. Despite annual training, had some experiences where senior management acted in a very unethical manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you are going to do. Learn how to effectively manage those below you.

Too internally focused to provide quality products and service.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Glendale Heights, IL

ProsDecent salary and benefits. Some opportunity for advancement

ConsTribal office politics. Under qualified management. An engineering company too sales focussed on putting products out the door rather than providing quality engineering services in the initial phase of the projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. Hire the right people for the right positions (including management). Listen to your employees that are performing the assigned responsibilities every day.

Worked for ETS-Lindgren? Contribute to the Community!