ETS-Lindgren Reviews

Updated March 31, 2015
22 reviews filtered by
2.2
Bruce Butler

1. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Engineer in Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wood Dale location feels like a small company because of the small office, but has the backing of a much larger corporation. Great people to work with, very stable company. Overall a good company to work for. Very good with training and keeping up with technology advances.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility within every department, but management does seem generally open to cross department hiring most of the time.

Advice to Management

Overall everything at ETS-Lindgren was a great place to work.

2. Not for a career or long term

Current Employee - Warehouse
    Current Employee - Warehouse

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren

Pros

Lots of overtime when really busy. Benefits are good.

Cons

Not enough space to work comfortably. Too crowded its a free for all when there is room available. Not very organized for a big company. Little opportunities to move up.

3. temp acctant

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren

Pros

No pros as far as acct. department goes.

Cons

It was a very unhappy workplace for my department.

5. No Excuse!

Former Employee - Senior Designer in Glendale Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in Glendale Heights, IL

I worked at ETS-Lindgren full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of design work, all of it custom. Sales kept the engineering department jumping. Ability to wear many hats is a must. Travel, field installation assistance available; including international. Project ownership a definite requirement.

Cons

Lack of engineering leadership. "Do as I say, not as I do" is the rule, not the exception. No integrity, plagiarism is rampant. Designs are literally stolen. Hurry, hurry attitude. Ship it today; we'll tune it up in the field (so they can charge the customer for the end of the month billing).

Advice to Management

Your present situation is a product of the problems that were generated by upper echelon. Installing a Marketing person in a position that should have an Engineer, was the culmination of a formula for failure. The fact that Esco decided to dump the Glendale Heights facility says a lot for your performance. I'm surprised that it took them as long as it did.

6. ETSL

I worked at ETS-Lindgren full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

No room for advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

Needs stronger leadership.

7. Good experience but terrible leadership

I worked at ETS-Lindgren

Pros

Hands on a lot of different things normally not available at a larger corp.

Cons

Constantly working against management to get things done correctly.

Advice to Management

Great place for starting experience.

Aug 5, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At ETS-Lindgren, one of our core values is that we act with integrity, doing things right the first time and every time.

Within any

8. Passive-Aggressive, intimidation-style management

Former Contractor - Accounts Receivable/Collection in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Contractor - Accounts Receivable/Collection in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at ETS-Lindgren as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

A very Innovative and creative environment

Cons

The fact that the position I accepted had a very HIGH turnover, was stressed from the start. The reason behind it, I was told, was that the department could not find the "right fit". It was explained to me that former employees would simply shut-down under stress. I realized very quickly WHY former employees, now including myself, eventually displayed this reaction. The high turnover was clearly not a result of any kind of "fit", but as a result of unrealistic expectations, sarcasm, passive-aggressive behavior and intimidation of the department manager.

After only two weeks, not only was I blatantly ignored by the manager, it escalated to sarcasm and more passive-aggressive behavior . I tried to do the best I could, considering, but anyone would be disheartened and unmotivated to work effectively within such a tense and negative work environment. Unwilling to make waves, I kept my experience to myself, for a little while. I was so new and so I was reluctant to be seen as "incapable" or "complaining". The final straw was when I was urged to participate in some unethical practices, pertaining to a client's account access.

After putting up with the manager for approximately three weeks, I requested assistance from a different manager. I only hoped that asking for that manager's help would make my predicament and lack of support, obvious. Unfortunately, my contract was terminated the next day. I will admit, the only emotion I felt was relief. I humbly request that you avoid filling this position, until this matter is properly addressed. A final note to any employee facing this sort of behavior, please speak up. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.

Advice to Management

Invest heavily in developing your managers' management styles and bettering their people-skills.

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for your review. As an organization, we are committed to providing a professional work environment where all employees are given the opportunity to succeed. We wish your experience with ... More

9. Positive experience, growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren full-time

Pros

Excellent health and insurance benefits, yearly bonus, cost conscious, employee recognition, quality, expanding global presence in promoting and servicing products.

Cons

Too much focus on cost cutting vs considering payback on investment, micromanaged, temps take long time to get hired results in lack of ownership and loyalty, facility closed IIlinois plant

Advice to Management

Empower employees to make sound decisions without being micromanaged

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your experiences and are glad that you value the health and welfare benefits offered to our employees.

Cost control measures
    ... More

Poor Upper Management, I watch HR fire people on unjust grounds all the time!

I have been working at ETS-Lindgren

Pros

You can always find a better job, close to many restaurants, near Austin, watching the head engineers has it's laughable moments.

Cons

Company doesn't care about it's middle and lower employees, pay is not competitive, HR has no interest in establishing actual human relations to the employees, a not a good long term choice.

Advice to Management

Realize you are the same product that fortifies the failing of companies and communities nationwide.

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for opportunities to improve our employee engagement and the HR team is committed to acting as a business partner and employee advocate ... More

11. Entertaining but disconnected

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at ETS-Lindgren full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good cultural life with lots of events and entertainments. Mostly stable job (not competitively paid though) due to conservative EMC market. Ideal for someone who loves slow pace tribal sort of environment and who can successfully navigate in archaic office politics.

Cons

Gross disconnection between management and non-management employees, i.e. what managers want is not necessarily what employees want or agree upon. As a result, a lot of hypocrisy is going on that drugs performance and ethics down. Seniority and job security is more important than performance and innovation. Managers or senior technical staff never make any mistakes and subordination is a holy cow.

Advice to Management

management is inadvisable

Jul 17, 2014Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

As a company with a long history in the industry, employees are offered long-term career opportunities with a focus on future growth. Innovation

ETS-Lindgren Photos