EVCO Wholesale Foods

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles “Skip” Evans

not impressed! You have to do more than wash your delivery trucks daily to impress a client!

Marketing Advisor (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

Prosget 1 year trial on salary before going straight commission. So, work there for a year. I made 50,000.00 per year!

Could work from home most of time. unless you are wanting to build up a clientele, then you need to get out there and hustle, but its very very hard to pick up business!

Conspoor management, high prices makes it very hard to compete with sysco, us foods, etc.

Advice to Senior Managementlower prices. have transportation be more friendly to workers and clients. have the buyers use common sense when entering items in the system so they make sense to sales reps...would be much easier to sell (have reps spend 3 hours per month entering, instead of the buyers)

Never work there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best thing about working there were the other employees. They are great people. The company only survives due to good employees but they leave fast.

ConsThey will find a way to screw you out of any pay, in any way, at any time. Especially if you find a better job. You WILL be screwed on your last check. The turnover rate is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like people, not cheap labor you can easily replace. Listen to your supervisors, they are professionals.

Pretty satisfied, the people are all good to work with, see my Interview Review. Heed the advice.

Driver (Current Employee) Emporia, KS

ProsA good job for a responsible, self oriented person, generally, you are your own boss.

You drive for a little bit, then unload and talk with the clientele, you develop a good relationship.

ConsDon't rely on the office to resolve disputes on the route, it will effect you negatively. It is your Route.

Please read my Interview Review with Evco.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease distribute the work load more evenly between the drivers...That's all. Some have too few hours, and some have too many.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So-so place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIts a quiet place with less noise.

ConsCommute is too long so bring a car.

Advice to Senior ManagementRock on...

EVCO

Marketing Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsSmall family company with strong family values. Decent commission structure, flexible hours. Most of the salesmen are great to work with.

ConsThere is not a lot inside support for the sales people. Uphill battle working for a small company in a cut-throat market. Very high turnover!

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive reinforcement and patience with the sales force would lead to a more stable team and bottom line. Providing vehicles or paying mileage would increase customer service.

Worked for EVCO Wholesale Foods? Contribute to the Community!