EVCO Wholesale Foods

Updated April 2, 2014
2.5

Charles “Skip” Evans
1 Rating

not impressed! You have to do more than wash your delivery trucks daily to impress a client!

Former Employee - Marketing Advisor  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing Advisor in Kansas City, MO

I worked at EVCO Wholesale Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

get 1 year trial on salary before going straight commission. So, work there for a year. I made 50,000.00 per year!

Could work from home most of time. unless you are wanting to build up a clientele, then you need to get out there and hustle, but its very very hard to pick up business!

Cons

poor management, high prices makes it very hard to compete with sysco, us foods, etc.

lower prices. have transportation be more friendly to workers and clients. have the buyers use common sense when entering items in the system so they make sense to sales reps...would be much easier to sell (have reps spend 3 hours per month entering, instead of the buyers)

Never work there.

I worked at EVCO Wholesale Foods full-time

Pros

The best thing about working there were the other employees. They are great people. The company only survives due to good employees but they leave fast.

Cons

They will find a way to screw you out of any pay, in any way, at any time. Especially if you find a better job. You WILL be screwed on your last check. The turnover rate is very high.

Treat people like people, not cheap labor you can easily replace. Listen to your supervisors, they are professionals.

Pretty satisfied, the people are all good to work with, see my Interview Review. Heed the advice.

Current Employee - Driver  in  Emporia, KS
    Current Employee - Driver in Emporia, KS

I have been working at EVCO Wholesale Foods

Pros

A good job for a responsible, self oriented person, generally, you are your own boss.

You drive for a little bit, then unload and talk with the clientele, you develop a good relationship.

Cons

Don't rely on the office to resolve disputes on the route, it will effect you negatively. It is your Route.

Please read my Interview Review with Evco.

Please distribute the work load more evenly between the drivers...That's all. Some have too few hours, and some have too many.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So-so place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at EVCO Wholesale Foods

Pros

Its a quiet place with less noise.

Cons

Commute is too long so bring a car.

Rock on...

EVCO

Current Employee - Marketing Advisor
    Current Employee - Marketing Advisor

I have been working at EVCO Wholesale Foods

Pros

Small family company with strong family values. Decent commission structure, flexible hours. Most of the salesmen are great to work with.

Cons

There is not a lot inside support for the sales people. Uphill battle working for a small company in a cut-throat market. Very high turnover!

Positive reinforcement and patience with the sales force would lead to a more stable team and bottom line. Providing vehicles or paying mileage would increase customer service.

Worked for EVCO Wholesale Foods? Contribute to the Community!