EVRAZ

Alexander V. Frolov

Summer Internship

Intern (Former Employee)
    Moscow, MS

Prosgreat people - supportive and sociable;
    tasty food - you are given a card with a certain amount to pay for your food in a corporate canteen, this is a good bonus to friendly environment and salary;
    very well structured internship - permanent clear guidelines from HR department, i.e. you always know what you have to do and why you are doing this

Conslow salary for the month of internship

Advice to Senior Managementkeep attracting young and enthusiastic

High turnover

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsMedical insurance paid for by Evraz along with other benefits such as wellness $300/year, fruit day once a week, and jeans on Fridays

ConsCorporate values are well thought out but unfortunately not followed by the organization. Given the tough business conditions the environment is unpleasant with a big focus on short term goals over long term business focus. There is so much turnover (1/2 people a week quitting) which makes for an uneasy work atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow or scrap the company values.

Run From This Place Don't Walk

Treasury (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsInsurance first day - great views of the city

ConsLooking for a place to have long lasting coworkers or retire from? This is not the place for you - looking for a place to work one day and be laidoff the next week? This IS the place for you? Management has no clue what they are doing or how bad the morale is as a matter of fact they don't even look or talk to you if you are not in their circle. Outdated accounting systems and the IT department can't help you either since they are walking around the office all day long talking to other people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove back to Portland

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't risk your career by working here

Administrative (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat views of the lake and city
    Decent benefits

ConsThey provide a facade that there is upward mobility, but there is not. You are "pigeon-holed" from Day 1! The turnover rate is so high that there is no continuity, no friendliness amongst co-workers, and it feeds into just an overall "cold" atmosphere. Senior management repeatedly let down workers with broken promises. Work/life balance for certain positions was simply atrocious; upper management had no problem making people work during their "vacation." In particular, my manager was the most hypocritical manager I've ever had in my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnd the hypocrisy, provide transparency/keep people informed, and give people there a reason to want to get out of bed every morning. Make Sean Deeson move back to Michigan; that guy is a real piece of work.

By and large the worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood health care benefits
    Nice view of Lake Michigan

ConsHorrible work/life balance
    There are politics at every company, but the worst I've ever seen in corporate America
    When they aren't firing people on a regular basis, the turnover rate is increasing at an insae rate
    Very little growth opportunities
    No financial systems whatsoever, all of the financials are linked together with unreliable Excel files
    Base salary used to be competitive with market but now below average
    Used to have really great bonuses, but now based almost entirely on the performance of the company, which has really taken a turn for the worse
    Upper management blames product group leaders instead of working together as a team to improve down market conditions

Advice to Senior Management1. Replace upper management
    2. Focus on providing employees with work/life balance or compensation for excessive hours
    3. Financial System that works- hire an outside IT company to help implement the system
    4. Overall culture needs to be addressed (people shouldn't feel like everyday they walk in someone is quitting or getting fired)

Unkept promises

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood location, good pay, nice people

ConsNo growth opportunity at Evraz for certain positions.

Great company to work at.

Lead Corporate Reporting Specialist (Current Employee)
    Moscow (Russia)

ProsCorporate development programs, perks, promotion opportunities for employees at sites, cosmopolitism, constant development.

ConsIntracompany information flows need improvement. evelopment programs are only for middle level management and higher positions, no compitancies development programs for junior positions.

Director

Director (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThere are opportunities to grow but you dont really want to there

ConsMicro management from Russia - short term decisions are made to look good today on the balance sheet - terrible culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDo things the North american Way & not the Russian Way - Executives - you need to learn and demonstrate some humility

Great work on a big projects with the best team of software developers

Senior Java Developer (Former Employee)
    Novokuznetsk (Russia)

ProsIt is a good place to get some experience

ConsThe starting salary is very small

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more patient

Managing a start Up in a multinational and multicultural office, it's a great challenge

Inventory Manager (Former Employee)
    Lugano (Switzerland)

Prosyou can work with people of all nationalities, as the holding owns companies worldwide, and you have the opportunity to work in a open minded reality.

Consit requires a total commitment due to mandatory deadlines to meet monthly.

Worked for EVRAZ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EVRAZ reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EVRAZ CEO Alexander V. Frolov. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by EVRAZ employees.