EY

EY Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Feb 9, 2014

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance(in 199 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family(in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political(in 582 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours(in 634 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall, very pleasant place to work at.

Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prospeople focus, lots of opportunities to work on large engagements, challenging work makes everyday a unique experience

Conslong hours like all the other big 4s. some office politics nothing out of the ordinary. leadership doesn't convey business strategy clearly.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on a consistent and achievable business strategy

Tax Intern

Tax Intern (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsLots of opportunity for growth and education, variety of work, traveling all over the world, great benefits, team atmosphere

ConsNot a problem typically for interns, but public accounting in general works very long hours

Ernst & Young

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsProvides flexibility and good benefits

ConsRequires dedication and sacrifice of personal time

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication to employees regarding office issues

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience!

Pros• Great salary and benefits
    • Heavy focus on learning

Cons• Constant uncertainty about next assignment
    • Limited ability to pick and choose projects
    • Lack of transparency
    • Pigeonholed into a competency or sector
    • Siloed tools and antiquated technology
    • Travel every week for most projects
    • Typical corporate culture

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade technology, increase business transparency

Challenging and empowering work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPersonal development opportunities are endless. Management and company culture really geared towards personal development and people first. Experience gained is significant. Project opportunities uncommon for peer group at other companies.

ConsWork life balance is very unpredictable. Travel schedule and project assignment is normally out of your hands. Local management attempts to be flexible given personal circumstances, but only so much they can do based on regional utilization requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue down the path of Benefits and Master Plan transparency. This area has really improved over the past 2 years, and I would like to continue seeing the positive tone at the top and the respective effort.

Beware of the good old boys club

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood pay, great benefits, excellent training opportunities

ConsNo work life balance, good old boys network, no teaming, and lack of diversity

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a teaming environment with an open mind

Good company (I guess), but not for me

Staff Auditor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsLot of opportunities within the firm to work in different practices, on different clients and with/for different people. I didn't enjoy my work, but I did enjoy the people I worked with.

ConsThe culture is so focused on billable hours. Employees take a real sense of pride in how much they work. I'm more concerned with outcome than effort, so this always rubbed me the wrong way. Working late is fine, but working late for the sake of working late was not for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a value-added way to bill clients and let that be your focus instead of utilization.

Great place to work and learn

Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat place to work with qualified motivated people and advance your career. Great advancement opportunities, competitive wages. You end up advancing quickly, and rarely doing the same thing more than twice - - which can be uneasy, but I think is good because you end up moving on to learn other things.

ConsTransient population - so you're not sure you'll be working with the same people next year, which can be a good thing though, since it means that you aren't waiting for someone to be promoted for you to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the career planning is well set for the employees - - there can be a tendancy to manage 6-12 months out, only.

Senior IT Auditor

Senior Auditor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsOpportunities for travel and the best training in the business.

ConsLong hours and demands on my weekend schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut employees that can't handle the job.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!