EY

www.ey.com

EY Reviews

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance(in 197 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family(in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political(in 577 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours(in 625 reviews)

Great Place to Work, Learn and Grow!

Tax Partner (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are great and the work is highly technical and interesting. We look for people that we like to work with. Our culture is second to none in the Big 4 - we actually like working with one another. We work for and with some of the world's best clients on the most sophisticated transactions. We try and really grow our people by putting them is situations that allows them to stretch to meet the demands of client service. Further we are an entreprenurial firm - we reward results and are not tied up on people's levels or titles - we like ability.

ConsLong hours, but proper client service requires long hours. That is it. We work hard for our clients. For me doing international work it means my hours are long, but the firm provides me the flexibility to get my work done and spend time with my family.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, you are doing a great job managing the firm. The firm is financially sound. Leadership does a very good job of keeping decisions transparent.

Stay Away from this company folks. They are looking for people who can pay their pension. Nothing else.

Senior - Technology & Security Risk Services (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsGood resume building although most place you to work after that do not value that anymore. So you get screwed by receiving less salary and don't get the raise you deserve on your next job either.

ConsVery opiniated group of people. Partners usually rely on management who are incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

BIG 4 is good only for 4 years of experience..get out when you got the 4 years!

TSRS Senior (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you want a good solid experience in a short amount of time. This is a good company overall with a lot of talent folks working here.

ConsThere is a lot of back stabbing and the room to grow sometimes is capped if you are not part of the office 'clique'.

Advice to Senior ManagementTHe management needs to sharpen its technical skills

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great firm with great upward mobility

Tax (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsGreat career mobility and opportunities

ConsDefinition of Auditing-A systematic process of objectively obtaining and evaluating evidence regarding assertions (financial statements and footnotes) about economic actions and events to ascertain the degree of correspondence between the assertions and established criteria (GAAP) and communicating the results (Audit Opinion) to interested users (Investors and Creditors).

Advice to Senior ManagementAuditing is the major majority of the work and came first. Assurance and attestation sprouted from auditing. All audit and attestation work is classified as assurance services.

Overall great experience

Tax Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Pay, Great people, Great experience overall

ConsLong Hours, sometimes little recognition

Advice to Senior Managementlittle more recognition, maybe raise the pay

Best Place to Launch a Career indeed

Senior Auditor (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe bright and friendly people that I work with make this place a great. I've honestly met the most intelligent and amiable individuals in my time working here. The commraderie is amazing. My group is within the the Assurance and Advisory Business Services for the Financial Services Industry. We all get together on a regular basis for drinks at a bar or someone's apartment.

ConsIn my group, it's definitely the hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue working on the work/life balance and career development of your employees, whether it be within the same group or moving laterally to another, it sometimes feels like a betrayal if someone is interested in exploring their career into another area.

Ernst & Young is a great place to start a career, but if you just want a day job you should go somewhere else.

RAS Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe best reasons to work here are the name recognition and wide area of experience. There is a lot of opportunity get as broad or specific an experience as you would like as long as you have proven results.

ConsIt can be hard to balance work and life, especially during busy seasons. At the manager level and above, you are expected to execute projects as a part of your "day job", sell additional projects to existing and new clients, and participate in internal company initiatives or contribute to the company. This leads to a heavy focus and indoctrination within the firm, but it can be hard to separate work and home. May senior executives do not appear to have this separation at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is an abundance of internal communications (email, voicemails, meetings, etc) but not a lot of substance.

Good Career Opportunities, Great if you want your CPA, Compensation is mediocre

Advisory Staff (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere are a lot of good career opportunities at Ernst & Young. This is a great place to work if you need to get your audit hours for your CPA and are not sure if you want to stay in Public Accounting forever. You can rotate into the assurance group while still getting experience as either a consultant or by doing advisory work.

ConsThe compensation is not that great. The 401k benefits are only 50% up to 6% of your salary. The bonuses are almost nonexistant. Also, you may get rotated around different groups so you never get any real stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate retention issues

Great place to launch your carrear!

Advisory Staff (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat reputation with global presence

ConsLower pay scale than comparable accounting firms and mediocre benefits compared to private companies

Advice to Senior ManagementIt will be great if we could talk to senior management more often

E&Y, A Great Place to Work

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible and great environment to work in.

ConsMay feel too big for some.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management does a great job at getting everyone involved from the staff level up.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!