EY

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.6 4,198 reviews

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance(in 199 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family(in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political(in 582 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours(in 634 reviews)

4,198 Employee Reviews

Financial Analyst

ProsGreat team, supportive environment with good leadership

ConsSlow work environment, not challenging

EY- Advisory - excellent experience

ProsThe people are very welcoming. The staff has the perfect balance of fun and professionalism, while management does not get caught up in hierarchy.

ConsA lot of competition. Sometimes it is hard to remain on a specific project that you like because there is competition.

First impression is important

IT Risk and Assurance Staff (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- If you were able to prove yourself early on, teams will bring you in and you will be able to have a smoother time.
    - It's really what you make it out to be. You put in your time, effort and personal development, then you will definitely learn a lot more than just cruising.

Cons- Hard to get work-life balance. You do have to sacrifice your personal time.

Advice to Senior Management- If management wants to retain good people, then they have to compensate them - either with time or money. Otherwise, they will be burnt out and leave.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good co-op experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong group of dedicated people

ConsA lot of emphasis on documentation

It has been a valuable experience

Manager - Risk Advisory Services (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsGreat and supportive Team members

ConsThe timelines are very tight and work pressure is emmense.

Incredible opportunities

ProsThis is a firm that takes care of its people's development and careers. Great mentorship and opportunities for advancement.

ConsLarge firm that requires navigation of different groups and sometime firm politics. People who are on a track to advance need to be savvy about work they do.

Terrific global experience at fortune 500 clients

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosculture, opportunities to grow, global experience

Constoo many silos, lack of transparency at times

Advice to Senior Managementfantastic place to work

A great, career-building opportunity.

ProsThe people I work with are great. The benefits are good. The experiences are career building. It's a great place to meet many different people at a variety of clients in various industries. The leadership seems to care about your career development, whether it includes staying at EY forever or leaving after a few years.

ConsWorking with scheduling can be a pain. It can be difficult to get on the projects you want, but you just need to work hard to network with the right people and push really hard for what you want. There is a lot of work. It's hard to take a real vacation where you can leave work behind completely.

It was a launching pad for my career

Audit Senior (Current Employee)

Pros-professional growth
    -personal growth
    -challenging
    -satisfactory remuneration
    -industry exposure

Conscompany culture and values can definitely be improved

great

Audit Staff (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosgreat training, good work culture

Conslong hours, limited upward mobility

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!