EY

Updated Jun 6, 2014

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work as long as you put in the effort.

Assurance Services Senior (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsYou get to work with a variety of people and are given responsibilities quickly, always challenged.

ConsWork life balance can be difficult to maintain.

Great Company

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsManagement focus on developing its workforce. EY encourages and supports the attainment of professional certifications. This company is the perfect place to begin a career.

ConsToo much travel which place work/life out of balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on developing your workforce.

strong people culture and fast track for upward mobility

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

Proshigh flexibility, great people, lots of career advancement opportunities

Consdifficult to make partner and executive level positions

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThe firm supports your professional development, the firm is structured and organized and highly professional, people are nice for the most part.

ConsSalaries are very low and salary increases are not in line with your performance reviews; almost impossible to negotiate a salary increase; you feel like you're just a number there and nobody cares if you stay or leave.

EY

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGreat place to start career

ConsWork life balance is not good

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to your better people

They will work you to death, but the experience will build character that will help you in future jobs.

Tax Senior (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThey are pretty big on flexibility in my office, taking time off is not too painful when it is no busy season. There is plenty of opportunity to grow as much as you want as fast as you want.

ConsBusy seasons are brutal. The overall environment is a little too "sink-or-swim" which quickly weeds out those who cannot handle the job. However, I have found that the longer you are with the Firm, the easier it gets, and the opportunities are there if you want them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture, from my experience, is too "corporate" (i.e. cut-throat). I would like to see a move towards more of a teaming culture.

Great for career but long hours

Staff II (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThere are no better places to start off a career in accounting than with one of the Big Four. Good benefits.

ConsLong hours and lots of travel which would be great, but i have a family that I miss terribly when I'm away.

If you can keep your head down you'll do fine

Audit Senior (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsDifferent clients and industries keep things interesting, depending on your team it can be fun and you'll make some good friends, 3 weeks vacation which is more than most places plus the option to buy more vacation (but remember it'll cost you)

ConsOf course, no work life balance, blame game is everywhere all the time, unrealistic expectations and very little help as you progress in the firm. Management does not care to hear anything negative though like most corporate cultures they'll say they do. Very little support from upper management so hard to feel like a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther than the obvious "hire more people", stop having such a chip on your shoulders to think that you don't have to get your hands dirty in the detail and help out with the actual onsite audit work. It is supposed to be a team after all. Just because it's the way it was done when you were a senior doesn't mean it was done right or needs to stay that way.

Variety of stimulating projects, horrible hours year round, no one cares about your career aspirations

Tax Senior (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsVariety of projects, state of the art technology, decent benefits, some work schedule flexibility

ConsLong, long, hours year round, no work life balance, inability to transfer from department to department, career goals not supported

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to transfer to other departments for career development, should not work employees to death with 55-80 hour workweeks

It was a stable, not exciting job.

Staff Accountant (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGood health benefits. 401k Matching. Flexibility. Free lunches & dinners. Good place to work if you plan to get your CPA license.

ConsNo room to grow if you don't get your CPA. Overworked considering the pay. Low bonuses. Time sensitive deadlines that require you to work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more guidance for employees to grow in their career. Give bigger salary raises, bonuses and promotions. Provide more extra perks.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings in Irvine, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.