EY

EY Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 16, 2014

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance (in 199 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family (in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political (in 582 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours (in 634 reviews)

More Highlights
97 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great employer, great experiences depending on the teams you work with.

Assistant Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSmart and capable individuals, great benefits and meaningful opportunities to grow.

ConsIndustry isn't the most interesting.

Great Opportunities

Auit Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-large international company
    -lots of room for growth
    -$ $ $ $ $
    -lot of information sharing, everyone is willing to give someone else a leg up or advice
    - great feedback

Cons-entry level positions work investment banker hours but don't receieve equivalent pay
    -switching job sites every few weeks (some may like the frequent change of scenary, but navigating around LA is hell)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't cut great interns because they get 1 C

E & Y

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe people you work with.

ConsThe schedule is demanding and your acheivements are often lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward Employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wins "Best Place to Work" awards for good reasons

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey expect a lot, but they also give a lot in return. It's a high performance place that rewards hard work, enthusiasm and people with initiative. The environment is very collaborative and team oriented. It's wonderful to work in a place where I respect and admire my peers and my managers.

ConsDifferent practices have different sub-cultures, depending on the practice leaders. None are necessarily bad, but they may not always be the right fit. Try to figure out what you're getting in to. Also, there is a very subtle, unofficial hierarchy: client servers tend to look down on "support" personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Thanks for communicating regularly.

One of the best accounting firms in the world.

Tax Staff (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat place to start a career. Culture of the company is great with even greater people to work along side with. People there are very helpful and partners always have an open door policy. Plus, they are smart as hell. Definitely a resume builder if employed here for a few years. Variety of fields to be involved in so you can learn something new everyday.
    Great firm to use to open doors.

ConsLong hours, but it is worth while and meaningful work. Its accounting, so could be boring for some people. Starting salary is on the lower end, as compared to other firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training.

EY is a great firm.

Cbs (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe firm works hard to promote workplace flexibility. This is part of their great people first culture. They also have a working parents program that supports those that work there that may have children. There are presentations you can listen to and other parents that you can talk to for support. They do a lot to retain working mothers/fathers and this is a strong quality. They have a wonderful code of ethics and all who work there value honestly.

ConsThere really aren't many down sides to working for Ernst and Young. I think they are a great firm and am proud to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, I think they do a great job.

Happy at E&Y

Tax Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsE&Y is a great place to work. You can really build a great career and pursue your interests at E&Y with support from management. E&Y recognizes strong performances and works hard to retain the best people. E&Y probably has the best entreprenurial culture of the Big 4 and allows its professionals all the latitude they need to build their own path and succeed.

ConsBasic long hours of public accounting are a hassle, of course, but E&Y provides a great deal of flexibility to its professionals to work hard and still manage life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep quality standards high and don't lower the bar for expectations of staff no matter what PwC or the other firms are doing to try to get on the best places to work list. We already do it right.

EY - Work, Learn, Grow - Quality in everything we do - Work hard play hard

Advisory Senior (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsOpportunities and Knowledge, Isn't that already enough?

ConsNeed to find a job within a job, the human behavior factor is sand in the eye

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a good job and better. We'll prove ourselves, we need you to do too

Good place to work as long as you put in the effort.

Assurance Services Senior (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsYou get to work with a variety of people and are given responsibilities quickly, always challenged.

ConsWork life balance can be difficult to maintain.

Great Company

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsManagement focus on developing its workforce. EY encourages and supports the attainment of professional certifications. This company is the perfect place to begin a career.

ConsToo much travel which place work/life out of balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on developing your workforce.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!