EY

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Culture, Ok Pay, Ok Work-life balance

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

ProsFar better culture compared to other big 4, better work-life balance compared to dtt/pwc

ConsCompensation is behind dtt/pwc, especially the annual bonus

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the momentum going, hire more smart people

Global culture of sharing ideas across industries

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

ProsLeadership has passion for your career development

ConsMaturity of the government sector is still developing, meaning it's still a startup.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and invest in mature operational processes to compete with PwC and Deloitte

EY - Advisory ITRA Practice

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people here are actually great. It is not a "step on your head" mentality and people will go out of their way to help you as they can. The teaming aspect is noticeable and people are friendly - which you may not hear the same from other big 4 companies.

ConsThe ITRA division in McLean and DC are packed with audit engagements. So this basically very little "consulting" and mostly IT audit - make sure you keep that in mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify you engagements so that ITRA professionals can work on non-audit related engagements to get different experiences.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Positive Experience, Comparable to Other Big 4 Accounting Firms

Summer Assurance Intern (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at EY as an intern for less than a year

ProsMake you feel very wanted; Lots of opportunities to move vertically/horizontally within the firm; Laid back environment, but also hard working

ConsWant you to "drink the koolaid"; Don't always practice what they preach; Like all accounting firms, hours worked are not adequately compensated (i.e., no overtime during busy season)

Great Place to Work For!

Assurance (Former Employee)

I worked at EY full-time

ProsGreat place for young people to start their career.

Just like Deloitte and PwC, 1. a tons of learning and growing opportunities within the firm; 2. management cares about employees' growth; 3. opportunity to work with smart and hard working people; 4. great benefits; 5. a culture fits people who care about their professional growth.

Conswork life balance is nearly imppossible to maintain during busy season.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't think of any.

Senior Analyst at EY

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Proslot of growth opportunities, great peers, flexibility of work place. lot of avenues to learn next things and tremendous scope of learning new things,trainings and employes are treated very well. lots of perks.

Conswork life balance. too much travel. Travel is the business model for most the practices of the firm but in the long run it might just wear you down. Some folks might like it but personally it was vert stressful if you have a life and a routine of your own. But, should say employees are treated 5 star when you travel.

Solid learning environment

Assurance Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat access to companies and their higher executives. Opportunities to own your own work early on. People genuinely seem to care about each other and look out for each other.

ConsHuge company, easy to feel like one of many replaceable cogs in a very big wheel. Flexibility is possible but not always easy to obtain. 401k and vacation policies are not particularly generous. Commute times can be frustrating if you end up on clients not near your home, which is something you have limited control over.

Overall a great place to learn and build a strong network.

IT Audit Staff (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at EY full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat place to start a career. They provide a lot of training and the experience is great. You are surrounded by a lot of knowledgeable people who have also been in industry. The people are very nice and helpful and you have the opportunity to build a strong network.

ConsBeing in this industry of course isn't the normal 9-5 job so sometimes the hours can be a little much or hectic during busy season. But if you are upfront with your manager they can be pretty flexible if need be.

Terrible experience

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat group of people hired at same time as me!

ConsWork you to death. Do not care about work life balance. You will not have a life. They do not listen to suggestions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Excellent Company

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

ProsErnst & Young is a great company to learn and grow as an audit professional. The training is excellent, there are many opportunities to travel (or remain local if that's your preference) and they have an excellent PTO policy.

ConsThe mentor/mentee dynamic could be better. Counselors are not always available to discuss your improvement and progress within the firm.

Additionally, you can get pigeon-holed into serving on one client for most of the year indifferent to your desires. Once an engagement has developed and refined your audit skills they are hard pressed to give up your time to other EY teams.

Although the benefits clearly outweigh the costs please understand "Big 4" firms have an abnormally high attrition rate. They work hard, they play hard. If you're not up for the challenge you probably should consider other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback to personnel more timely.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings in McLean, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.