EY

3.6 4,118 reviews

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

4,118 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance"
    in 185 reviews
  • "it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family"
    in 94 reviews
Cons:
  • "very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political"
    in 546 reviews
  • "Very long hours during busy season & a lot of politics in the workplace"
    in 601 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Positive

Prosgreat working environment, good career path

Constoo busy, always working, and have no personal life

Great Exposure to Working World, but Very Demanding and Rightly So

Tax Consulting Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsExposure to many smart people, complicated issues, continuous growth

ConsJob requires significant time in order to meeting clients needs and get everything done. Keeping track of hours is necessary but tedious.

So much opportunities!

Tax Staff II (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsA great place to start your career. A lot of online learning modules you can take to broaden your knowledge in almost any accounting area. So many opportunities and I have never ever seen a company that actually want their employees to succeed. EY truly do care about it's employees. It's a great culture to be in.

ConsTime tracking is a pain, but for public it's expected. Busy season is no joke. Client's can be a pain, but that's almost something that you will deal with no matter where you go.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Opportunities, but growing pains exist, too.

ProsThis firm has great clients, great opporutnities, and new career paths developing constantly. The training is robust and the people are talented.

ConsThe firm is going through a heavy focus on growth with aspirations of doubling the size of the firm. That comes with all of the pains of growth: strained systems, stretched people, limitations related to real estate, delving into new services that the firm is not great at performing yet, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan a bit farther ahead regarding the practical realities of growth occurring that fast.

great, challenging

IT Audit Senior (Current Employee)

Prosease of working with diferent people, flexible and understanding team, challenges

Constravel, time contraints, work life balance

Advice to Senior Managementneed better work life balance

Great learning experience with great people, but grinding travel.

Advisory Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe people are high caliber and supportive. We get to learn a lot by examining challenges and problems many firms have and developing solutions for them.

ConsTravel every single week. Office culture is generally good, but very slanted to the left. Typical baloney about inclusiveness and diversity meaning if they see a well performing team of all men, someone will feel the need to put one of the men on the bench (hurting his utilization and career) in order to promote "diversity". They encourage lifestyles many don't think should be encouraged. They don't just support them; they encourage them.

Great company! One of the best to work for.

Tax Senior (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsThe flexibility to work from home or a client and setting your own hours. You just have to make sure that the work gets done.

ConsNot all managers are great. Some are fantastic and will teach you a lot. Others don't care and don't bother coaching you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the staff trained on how to look for business development opportunities so they can contribute more to Vision 2020.

Good

Prosthis is a great company

Conslong hours is not great

Good work life balance

Communications & Pursuits Strategist (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsOne of the greatest perks for me is the flexibility. I can work from the office, home, Starbucks... It gives be the ability to get my work done as well as take care of personal needs. Also, the training programs are top-notch.

ConsThe ability to advance is limited or very slow -- especially in Core Business Services (CBS). The 401k plan is not the best. The firm matches 25% of the first 6% of your contributions after one year of service.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a solid, achievable career path for non-client-serving staff.

Great company, lots of opportunity to learn and grow

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsFlexible, rewarding, vast variety of work

ConsThe organization can get very bureaucratic sometimes and things tend to move a bit slowly.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All 4,118 reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.