EY

Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.6 4,165 reviews

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance(in 197 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family(in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political(in 577 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours(in 625 reviews)

4,165 Employee Reviews

Going through transition

Tax Senior (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEY is going through a transition to position it self for success. After the transition is complete they will be even more focused on client serving (which is great experience/exposure for everyone working at EY). This should greatly increase profits and better incentives.

ConsThey are not doing a good job communicating and keeping currently employees satisfied during the transition phase.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency, better incentives for currently employees, better recognition of hard work across the board

Job description

Audit Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexibility when you are in a senior position

ConsLow pay, limited work like balance during busy season, a lot of travel

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proswork life balance is great as long as you can meet deadlines; flexibility is encouraged for all employees

ConsWorking hours can be strenous based on projects and deadlines.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive

Prosgreat working environment, good career path

Constoo busy, always working, and have no personal life

Great Exposure to Working World, but Very Demanding and Rightly So

Tax Consulting Senior Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsExposure to many smart people, complicated issues, continuous growth

ConsJob requires significant time in order to meeting clients needs and get everything done. Keeping track of hours is necessary but tedious.

So much opportunities!

Tax Staff II (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsA great place to start your career. A lot of online learning modules you can take to broaden your knowledge in almost any accounting area. So many opportunities and I have never ever seen a company that actually want their employees to succeed. EY truly do care about it's employees. It's a great culture to be in.

ConsTime tracking is a pain, but for public it's expected. Busy season is no joke. Client's can be a pain, but that's almost something that you will deal with no matter where you go.

The grass is greener at EY

Tax Senior (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAbility to work a standard workday and leave at a decent hour and feel a sense of accomplishment. This allows people to spend time with their families and focus on family at home and work at work.
    The health insurance benefits and other benefits, such as vacation at EY, have far outweighed any I have had elsewhere
    Continuous learning and technology implementation are points I recall were very strong
    Salary is reasonable and even generous at times

ConsFeeling of inability to learn more - "Hitting a brick wall" - while option of promotion are limited or not conducive
    I really don't have much to add to this section

Lots of learning opportunities

Proschallenging assignments result in a lot of learning opportunities

Conscould be very long hours sometimes depending on projects, but not always the case. Sometimes got to put in the hard-work to get somewhere though!

EY

Audit Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company perks in terms of travel, flexibility, and incentives (especially as a consultant in Advisory). Over 60% of your team will be in their 20's and 30's. Majority of the firm is pretty young in age.

ConsI've experienced consulting and auditing. Cons mostly rely in auditing with long extensive hours with little help from staffing/deployment. Compensation is OK.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and exercise flexibility in audit. Create better retention plans to keep practice well staffed.

Fun people and very smart

Audit Senior (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible time, fun office culture

ConsBusy seasons can get crazy, easily burnt out

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are spread too thin.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!