www.ey.com

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.6 4,214 reviews

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger

Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance (in 199 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family (in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political (in 582 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours (in 634 reviews)

More Highlights
4,214 Employee Reviews

Job description

Audit Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexibility when you are in a senior position

ConsLow pay, limited work like balance during busy season, a lot of travel

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay

Audit Senior (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsTons of opportunity to learn and create a great foundation for my career. Overall the people were great.

ConsLong hours and potentially a great deal of time out of town. Once you have a family it can be a real challenge to continue at EY, or big 4 accounting in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your top performers even at the lower senior levels, and promote based on abilities vs the established inflexible model.

Nature of the Beast

ProsGreat fast paced environment as a recent college grad you will not get anywhere else.

ConsOffices are understaffed due to lay offs in 08-09 (but who wasn't). This has put huge demands on all levels to cover the hole.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Starting point

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEngaging and Challenging environment to work with colleagues and clients
    It keeps you on the edge of everything you learnt to be put to good use.
    Great starting point for Freshers

ConsOffice Politics
    Corporate Ladder is moved through one's likeness of an employee as compared to his hardwork

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Office politics go obsloete, please!

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proswork life balance is great as long as you can meet deadlines; flexibility is encouraged for all employees

ConsWorking hours can be strenous based on projects and deadlines.

Great Exposure to Working World, but Very Demanding and Rightly So

Tax Consulting Senior Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsExposure to many smart people, complicated issues, continuous growth

ConsJob requires significant time in order to meeting clients needs and get everything done. Keeping track of hours is necessary but tedious.

So much opportunities!

Tax Staff II (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsA great place to start your career. A lot of online learning modules you can take to broaden your knowledge in almost any accounting area. So many opportunities and I have never ever seen a company that actually want their employees to succeed. EY truly do care about it's employees. It's a great culture to be in.

ConsTime tracking is a pain, but for public it's expected. Busy season is no joke. Client's can be a pain, but that's almost something that you will deal with no matter where you go.

Lots of learning opportunities

Proschallenging assignments result in a lot of learning opportunities

Conscould be very long hours sometimes depending on projects, but not always the case. Sometimes got to put in the hard-work to get somewhere though!

Audit Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company perks in terms of travel, flexibility, and incentives (especially as a consultant in Advisory). Over 60% of your team will be in their 20's and 30's. Majority of the firm is pretty young in age.

ConsI've experienced consulting and auditing. Cons mostly rely in auditing with long extensive hours with little help from staffing/deployment. Compensation is OK.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and exercise flexibility in audit. Create better retention plans to keep practice well staffed.

Fun people and very smart

Audit Senior (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible time, fun office culture

ConsBusy seasons can get crazy, easily burnt out

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are spread too thin.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!