EY

3.7
4,926 Reviews

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger
Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance (in 243 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family (in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political (in 701 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours (in 734 reviews)

More Highlights

Sr Con

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Risk in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Risk in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Compensation, employee benefit schemes on paper

Cons

Bakwas Big4, all good policies are only on paper, HR in Mumbai and Risk Team in mumbai is bakwas, Only if u can butter your boss ur fit

grow uppp

terrible experience

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. totally no life-work balance. get up around 6am, leave home around 7am, get back home around 11pm. no additional compensation for extra time work.
    2. in the past one and half year, almost learn nothing from the work. done a lot of projects, however, almost no chance to learn the details of the projects. client might spend couple year to finish a model, we need finish a report about this model within a very short time. even you are very experienced, you can not get the all the trick part of the model. actually, there is even more worse things, due to the short time, we are not able to do any testing about the client's model. essentially, just pick some nice sentence from client's own report, re-write into our report. if i am keeping doing this, i might be able to realize my writer's dream.

Cons

very political working environment. remind me the situation of China in middle 80s.
    senior managers almost do nothing directly for the project, they might just setting there, arrange facilities, but they are not facilities person.
    one more funny story, a accounting master in ey is doing derivative pricing project.

do not cheat on your clients. if clients want phd, then only send phd for the projects, not mixing with experienced bachelors or masters.

Real Bad P;ace

I have been working at EY (more than an year)

Pros

Profile and EY Brand Name

Cons

Very Low Salary
    Bad Culture
    Work Pressure

Poor

Former Employee - Audit Staff
    Former Employee - Audit Staff

I worked at EY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview process is fair. The salary is great. Apart from that, I would struggle to identify another positive aspect of working for this company.

Cons

Travel expectations are crazy, this impacts the working environment as on average 50% of the audit staff assigned to a particular client are from a far afield EY office due to the atrocious resourcing situation. The work itself is dull and monotonous.

Change everything

PATHETIC & OBVIOUSLY A COMPANY WITH FEW OF THE WORLD'S MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE !!!

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

hahahhaha....Are you kidding me?? I know many would disagree!!!!

Cons

I had applied through its website. Well, I got a call from one of their Directors the next day. Within the next few days, I was invited for an interview in one of their offices (Gurgaon) after 6:30 pm. It was with A Partner and the same Director person. That was it!!!!
    I was asked to wait for sometime for my feedback. Months passed.. I tried to follow up with the Same Director, but with the same answer. " We have not decided yet"... For God's sake, Just tell me a plain no and all of this speculation would end.

You are supposedly the elite Management people from IIM's/XLRI... But I think no one has ever taught you the value of professional attitude. When you take an interview, please do build the guts and be courteous enough to either say yes/no to the candidate. Do not keep it dangling in the zone of uncertainty.

Worst company of my Lifetime

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been into various good companies but saw EY as one of the worst. They just suck your Work Life balance. Managers aren't qualified enough to handle people. And especially partners & ADs are too greedy about filling their pockets

Cons

No Work Life balance
    Have to work from home even on nights without compensations
    Managers & Partners are under qualified especially in ITAS division
    Screwing up the EY image
    Very thin line workforce, have to manage lots of things individually.
    No courtesy & respect for employees by the reporting managers.
    There is logically no HR in place who can take care of your daily queries.
    Performance management is the worst , all works through partiality & reference business.
    Lots of partiality and honesty and hardwork would never be honored.

Mark (CEO) need to look on how ITAS Bangalore is doing. They are just defaming the image of EY by becoming too greedy for filling pockets and political for employees.

No personal life

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

Awesome career start with a good package. Big clients to work with. And yes the brand name always helps you.

Cons

Very very bad work culture. Bad seniors who doesnt have any sense of soft skills. Absolutely zero work life balance, you will end up working 12 hours plus and 7 days a week. Too much of office politics. High work pressure and stress. Managers will not listen to your concerns. No care for the employee even if they have to stay back quite late in the office

Senior advisory role

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

Good reputation doing interesting projects mainly in financial services with a risk, regulatory and compliance flavour

Cons

The organisation's culture requires people to be superstars from day one. there is no assimilation time. The organisation says it is collegiate but is not remotely so..actions speak loader than words. No work / life balance what so ever. Poor management of people the higher up the organisation one is at

Stop running the business using American values

They suck worst place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at EY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None beside ok money there's no pros it's not worth it that's why people don't stay there

Cons

They make a habit of giving false information their hiring process is the worst I've been thru.. They gave me the run around

Step it up stop playing with peoples live

People First?

Former Employee - Tax Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at EY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Job keeps you motivated and challenged.

Cons

Worked in Tax....they continually talk about people first and work life balance....let's just say this company has no clue what this means...maybe that's why they continuously talk about it?

Talk is cheap.....