EY

3.7
5,113 Reviews

EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger
Mark Weinberger

Pros
  • Policies on flexible-working supports the principle of a work-life balance (in 243 reviews)

• it's a good place to start your career (max 3 yrs) or good if you have a family (in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • very poor work life balance; not enough staff to meet client needs; quite political (in 701 reviews)

• Same cons as working at any consulting firm -- you will be work long hours (in 734 reviews)

More Highlights

PATHETIC & OBVIOUSLY A COMPANY WITH FEW OF THE WORLD'S MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE !!!

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

hahahhaha....Are you kidding me?? I know many would disagree!!!!

Cons

I had applied through its website. Well, I got a call from one of their Directors the next day. Within the next few days, I was invited for an interview in one of their offices (Gurgaon) after 6:30 pm. It was with A Partner and the same Director person. That was it!!!!
    I was asked to wait for sometime for my feedback. Months passed.. I tried to follow up with the Same Director, but with the same answer. " We have not decided yet"... For God's sake, Just tell me a plain no and all of this speculation would end.

You are supposedly the elite Management people from IIM's/XLRI... But I think no one has ever taught you the value of professional attitude. When you take an interview, please do build the guts and be courteous enough to either say yes/no to the candidate. Do not keep it dangling in the zone of uncertainty.

Worst company of my Lifetime

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at EY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been into various good companies but saw EY as one of the worst. They just suck your Work Life balance. Managers aren't qualified enough to handle people. And especially partners & ADs are too greedy about filling their pockets

Cons

No Work Life balance
    Have to work from home even on nights without compensations
    Managers & Partners are under qualified especially in ITAS division
    Screwing up the EY image
    Very thin line workforce, have to manage lots of things individually.
    No courtesy & respect for employees by the reporting managers.
    There is logically no HR in place who can take care of your daily queries.
    Performance management is the worst , all works through partiality & reference business.
    Lots of partiality and honesty and hardwork would never be honored.

Mark (CEO) need to look on how ITAS Bangalore is doing. They are just defaming the image of EY by becoming too greedy for filling pockets and political for employees.

No personal life

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

Awesome career start with a good package. Big clients to work with. And yes the brand name always helps you.

Cons

Very very bad work culture. Bad seniors who doesnt have any sense of soft skills. Absolutely zero work life balance, you will end up working 12 hours plus and 7 days a week. Too much of office politics. High work pressure and stress. Managers will not listen to your concerns. No care for the employee even if they have to stay back quite late in the office

Senior advisory role

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

Good reputation doing interesting projects mainly in financial services with a risk, regulatory and compliance flavour

Cons

The organisation's culture requires people to be superstars from day one. there is no assimilation time. The organisation says it is collegiate but is not remotely so..actions speak loader than words. No work / life balance what so ever. Poor management of people the higher up the organisation one is at

Stop running the business using American values

They suck worst place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at EY full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None beside ok money there's no pros it's not worth it that's why people don't stay there

Cons

They make a habit of giving false information their hiring process is the worst I've been thru.. They gave me the run around

Step it up stop playing with peoples live

People First?

Former Employee - Tax Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at EY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Job keeps you motivated and challenged.

Cons

Worked in Tax....they continually talk about people first and work life balance....let's just say this company has no clue what this means...maybe that's why they continuously talk about it?

Talk is cheap.....

Ok

Current Employee - Assurance Staff in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Assurance Staff in Nashville, TN

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

The company has a strong name

Cons

too many to speak of

n/a

No employee surveillance policy

Former Employee - Band 6 in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Band 6 in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at EY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

join if you know how to play politics

Cons

No employee surveillance policy, don't join at junior level - you will be under too much surveillance, pranks, bad behavior by seniors.

employee surveillance is meant for safeguarding companies interest not for spreading rumours and playing pranks on girls. If u insult exiting employees they will inform people about your bad behavior.

Egan LLP (EY's Immigration Law firm) - Immigration Law Clerk

Current Employee - Immigration Law Clerk in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Immigration Law Clerk in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

There were great benefits for Egan employees which were associated with working at EY.

Cons

Poor training. Low pay. Unreasonable expectations. Disorganized management by the lawyers. Lack of recognition. Extremely high turnover. This is why there are always job postings at Egan LLP. The lawyers at Egan will not hesitate to replace their support staff with a new employee for lower pay. Lack of interest in the professional development of their clerks and support staff. Clerks and other support staff were consistently overworked. Managing lawyers were reluctant to pay for overtime hours, unless they exceeded 50 hours. Managing lawyers used subtle threats to increase competition and to influence clerks to put in long hours. The HR department in this company does not care about its employees, and did not effectively address the issues that were brought up by the support staff.

Management should really focus on training and retaining their employees. High turnover could be reduced by addressing the concerns of employees. Find more effective ways to motivate your employees. Creating a high level of competition among employees produces a toxic work environment.

Not a collaborative, team driven place

Current Employee - Resource Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The brand recognition, and competitive pay. Access to various technical and soft skill training programs.

Cons

On paper they have great work life balance policies etc, however in practice its a work-mill with no appreciation for its employees or any work life balance

Practice what you preach. Lip service to high sounding concepts like employee well-being and work life balance, should mean something.