EZCORP Reviews

Updated March 9, 2015
73 reviews filtered by

1. Ok company to work for.

I have been working at EZCORP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- They pay on industry standard for the IT group any way.
    - Change in management has moved the company forward to getting back on track.
    - The company has a huge interest in the community and allows for volunteer opportunities.

Cons

- Though there is a full suite of benefits, they are pretty lack luster. Had to pay the same amount for an emergency visit, that we did for an emergency hospital stay with another insurance.

- Executive management does not allow for enough positions in the IT department and spreads the admins way to thin. Infrastructure is a heartbeat away from permanently crashing.

Beef up your IT department before the infrastructure crumbles and business comes to a grinding halt.

Billion dollar "corporation" adrift in high seas.

Former Employee - Corporate Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Management in Austin, TX

I worked at EZCORP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay every two weeks.

Cons

Completely top down silo management. All voting stock in the hands of a single meglomaniac. Chief executive straight out of the eighties with no idea what to beyond slashing and burning his way to profitability.

Invest your time and money elsewhere. Only a matter of time before the value you bring is blamed for the results driven by decisions made at the very top.

3. Almost every year during the annual budget season have significant layoffs in corporate offices

I worked at EZCORP

Pros

Good compensation and bonus stucture

Cons

Bureaucratic decision making and frequent layoffs

Great place to begin a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at EZCORP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement
    Awesome work-life balance

Cons

Low entry-level pay
    Office Bureaucracy

Lots of misdirection and miscommunication. Approvals are often put off, which impedes the workflow, and causes every-changing deadlines.

Fool Me Once, Shame On You, Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me

I worked at EZCORP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working here

Cons

Most of the employees and senior management have the skill set of a jellyfish. The type of industry says it all, lack of conscience and ethics. This place chases away new talent because the environment is so miserable. Long term employees have a sense of entitlement and they get away with anything. However, longevity here does not equate to intelligence.
    Human resources wonders why they are unable to attract and retain new talent. The answer is really quite simple in that nobody wants to work here. If they accept employment, they will be considering their exit plan from day one after realizing the huge mistake they made. The only reason internal employees get promoted is because they are unable to attract good employees to work here. The employees who make the decision to leave are the respectable and intelligent employees with a sense of ethics. The few employees who have been here for quite some time, have stayed on board because they have no choice but to stay, as they have become unmarketable. For newer employees, get out while you still can and allow yourself dignity and self respect. Anyone considering working in corporate accounting and the SEC area should stay away, far, far away unless the do some really good house cleaning higher up.

Oh, and for the benefits, you get 5 holidays per year. LOL.

This place is in dire need of more changes. The advice needed would take up too much commentary.

Disloyal

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaumont, TX

I worked at EZCORP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to meet meet, location, and indoor atmosphere. Competitive wages for the location and benefits available at a reasonable price.

Cons

Hours were not reasonable. Work EVERY weekend. Lack of company involvement, etc.

Need to possibly go Undercover just to really see the role of the CSR and possibly make changes to help the company grow. Be loyal to your Employees in there time of need.

Listen to all reviews, stay away from this place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at EZCORP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Still thinking, as I am grabbing for straws here.

Cons

If I had read the reviews on this site, I would never have accepted employment here. Unemployment is better than working for this organization. Stay away from any positions in accounting, especially any positions at the corporate office. They promote people into positons like directors, who are unable to keep staff because they demean them and yell at them. These people were promoted... well, just because... LOL. No talent or management skills at all. How can you manage staff when you have no intelligence. There is so much turn over, and there are many reasons why. Please see this as a red flag and don't do what I did and accept a job. There are so many other options out there, so think thrice before coming here. The business is not growing as their image might falsify.

Dear Shareholders and Board Members, hopefully you will continue to see the writing on the wall. You still need to clean house. For this company to succeed, you need to make proper decisions.

Wish it were better!

Current Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at EZCORP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a work/life balance for the most part. The office is nice and there are good people here. It is a great place to get experience and the company itself is not bad. The benefits are decent and there are some talented people working here. The work is interesting, challenging and engaging.

Cons

Promotions seem to be few and far between even if you get a good review. The biggest con for me personally is how employees are treated. You can be spoken to by managers and co-workers in any fashion that is rude, disrespectful and condescending. This type of behavior is totally acceptable and I have never experienced it at any other place of employment. There is a true lack of respect throughout the company. In addition, I actually had a manager make excuses for why a co-worker was "not so nice" and that the unsavory of the director would most likely happen again. And...this is because "he/she is just having a bad day" or "he/she is going through a tough time". Well stay at home then!

If you want to make the company a great place to work then consider the employees as people. We want to be respected, appreciated and valued for what we contribute the company. The way to make employees want to stay at EZCorp (at least in accounting) is not by buying breakfast, lunch, treats, and team building activities with mandatory participation. In addition, the managers need to gain a WHOLE lot of people skills! When employees are treated badly/inappropriately by management and co-works, bringing them food, mandatory participation in "team" activities and raises that aren't even commensurate with the cost living increases is not how to go about it. I very much dislike "team building" activities that require me to be around unpleasant managers and co-workers. In my personal, opinion that is NOT team building! That making me have to be more exposed to people that have been rude and disrespectful.

In a nutshell: People don't leave COMPANIES......The leave MANAGERS!

Good, bad, ugly

I have been working at EZCORP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good business, strong presence, great local team.

Cons

Poor infrastructure, not spending money where needed, poor morale

Build on your solid base and stop hiring ex-Blockbuster, RadioShack and Dell rejects.

Low pay, high stress, no respect from upper management.

I have been working at EZCORP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company allows you to get involved with the community.

Cons

Pressures to hit budget goals are extreme and goals are not typically achievable. Saves them money by not having to pay bonuses.