EZPAWN

Not yet rated.

Paul Rothamel

Opportunity

Management (Former Employee)

ProsA person can achieve a goal by producing regardless of background

ConsAustin is a Puppy chasing its tale. Innovation left a long time ago

Advice to Senior Managementyou do not need 10 vice presidents. create a more regional/state environment gain back the bonds and support that they company had when it expanded.

not bad

Lead Pawn Broker (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosthis job is flexible, pays decent, and has a lot of locations. i have moved many locations and i am always able to find a location near me to transfer to so i never go without a job.

Conssome challenges can be working the the extremely rude customers, only sometimes, the pay can be small for entry level, and the upper management has no idea what the store level goes through.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better communication with store level employees. stop making it a retail store instead of a pawn shop.

Really went downhill

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsBoom years of 2010-11 were fun. Got promoted to assistant manager at busiest store in company. Got to learn a lot, worked my ass off, pay was $37,000 salary.

ConsCompany wide restructuring...b...s. Ohh we need to change you from $37,000 salary to $13.50 hourly. Gimme a break. They say mandatory 48 hour week is supposed to make up for it. But c'mon. . Its a kick in the balls any way you look at it. Glad I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees you invest in. Why work to develop an employee for three years just to cut pay drastically and pretend it is not a cut in pay. Worst move ever. May your revenues decrease due to your shortsightedness. A cheaper employee that has less skills is not in your best interests.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its ok

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Hidalgo, TX

ProsLearn lots of things and how to work hard to get 1 dll al least

ConsTakes for ever to grow up , they take people that is been there before instead of the one that accually deserves it.

Makes promises, doesn't deliver

Lead Pawn Broker (Former Employee)
    Madison, WI

ProsEnjoyed being able to help people, nice discounts

ConsHard to get bonuses, Encouraged to buy junk items then forced to resell them

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you take over another company and completely change the employees way of doing thing, deliver on promises. I was told my compensation, benefits and bonuses would be increased, while in reality my monthly income was significantly less.

Great experience working with great people

ProsEvery day is different and a learning opportunity

ConsFamily Balance can be tough during the holidays

Advice to Senior Managementno advice at the moment

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work

Lead Pawn Broker (Current Employee)
    Aurora, CO

ProsFlexible
    Great job If you like a mix of sales and customer service
    Employee discount

ConsSituations like having to tell someone their wedding ring has been sold get interesting sometimes.

Lead pawnbroker

Lead Pawnbroker (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsCool discounts and that's about it!

ConsPoor management , fluctuating work schedule. Lack of team setting everyone is out to get theirs and hr is overly reactive and will write up employees for anything. Store managers have no hr experience and will create issues out of hearsay and employees are not given a chance to explain or to defend against constant allegations thrown at everyone. Being educated is considered worthless and generally coworkers would be bottom of the barrel at other business. Upper management plays favorites and has no idea of what goes on really in stores. Poor ethics encouraged to lie to customers and try to under value merchandise. Overall it's a mess and if you have a degree stay away you will be abused for your knowledge base and treated as if you are an idiot. Just check out stock info to understand the manifestation of the toxic culture on this business. If you are a store employee prepare to defend everything you do including sweating after lifting heavy things and taking a crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire and clean house and start over! Change culture of business and if you want to attract talent needs to invest in talent and not allow jealous less educated employees that should be let go to dictate talented individuals career path. And the consultant you pay x millions too is not worth the money and your stock proves it not to mention out dated marketing and store set up and the lack of pay your bottom tier employees make since they make you ALL of your money! You need to pay bonuses like you say you will and not take two months to get a new employees mileage reimbursed when they have to drive 600 miles in a week and just started . Lastly provide your employees with uniforms rather than make them have to earn them which speaks volumes about managements mentality!

great pay but depressing work

Regional Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Lakewood, CO

Prospay is great. early access to any of the items we get. Basically working at a pawn shop is like printing money. The amount of income the store makes is unbelievable.

ConsKinda depressing working with the customers. We were taking advantage of them at their hardest times. Most were trying to pawn stolen goods or their goods to get more drugs.

pawn broker

Pawn Broker (Former Employee)

ProsHelping people with their money needs

ConsEverything else is difficult to meet employer expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees

Worked for EZPAWN? Contribute to the Community!

EZPAWN – Why Work for Us?

EZPAWN is a market leader in the specialty consumer finance industry, dedicated to satisfying the short-term cash needs of consumers who find themselves cash and credit constrained. We offer pawn loans, which are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EZPAWN reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EZPAWN CEO Paul Rothamel . All 36 reviews posted anonymously by EZPAWN employees.