Eagle Adjusting Services Reviews

Karla Elliott

Overall Review

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Roaming Shores, OH
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Roaming Shores, OH

I worked at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people within the company. It truly felt like a work family environment. Everyone is great and very helpful.

Cons

They low ball carriers to get contracts, thus the fee schedules are very low. You will work long hours for little pay at the end of the day compared to other companies.

Additionally, if you work hard enough to be in their top 10 they will reward you with a handsome bonus of $50.00. Yeah, FIFTY FREAKIN DOLLARS!!!!

Get your fee schedules up and take care of your adjusters. They are out there climbing steep roofs and risking their lives going into vacant houses for you. $100-$180 per job for this is not acceptable pay.

And when it comes to bonuses, yes you did fly them out for a weekend get away, but don't dishonor your top employees with a $50 slap in the face. It's all a tax right off for the company anyways, so take better care of the ones that take care of you. '

If you think hard enough about this you'll know who I am.

2. Unemployment is preferable

Former Employee - Adjuster in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Adjuster in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The IA market has been slow for a while, and they've largely bucked this trend by agreeing to fee schedules no one in their right mind would agree to.

Cons

Most people go to work at least in part for money, Eagle seems to think people do to "service the client."

I had 31k in unreimbursed mileage with these people last year. 1300 in travel expenses they wouldn't pay for this reason or that.

They adjust fee schedules and expense reports like carriers adjust SIU theft claims. Never in my whole life have I had a single expense report deduction - these people deducted from almost every one of them.

The daily side is not that bad - but you'll make 20k if you're average, 30k if you're good. But you don't hear from anyone and they pay your cell phone and internet.

The cat side is where Eagle falls apart. The tone from management here was grossly unprofessional, unlike anything I've ever seen. Never lost money on a cat before, and the worst I've done on a daily basis prior to my thrilling time with Eagle was around 600 per day. One cat with them was a total waste - flew halfway around the world for 6 files; it did not cover travel costs. Another cat I hustled like crazy for a month 12 hours per day 7 days per week and, at the end of that month, got a check for 6.5k.

You can't polish a turd, so I'll offer no advice.

It is what it is

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You work independently and set your own schedule. There is a base salary and you earn commissions if you exceed your base for the biweekly pay period. An easy job to land to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Fee schedules have been trending downward ever since I started. The company definitely does not seem to hold its employees as a priority. Do not expect much in the way of expense reimbursement. Mileage will not be adequate to pay the expenses you will incur. Expect to drive well over 40,000 miles in a year and expect all of the expenses in gas money and vehicle wear to come out of your pocket rather than Eagle's or the clients'. I would be better off working as little as possible and collecting base salary rather than working long hours to barely exceed base salary and increase my expenses.

Change your tactics for fee schedule negotiation. Instead of an admin fee on our invoices, why not get some mileage reimbursement? A 45-55% commission for a $187.5 fee for a vacant home is not worth it

5. Not a Good Place To Work

I have been working at Eagle Adjusting Services (more than 5 years)

Pros

You Set Your Own Schedule, You Work From Home, Full Benefits.

Cons

Pay is unbelievably bad. You work for basically $10-15$ an hour on 98% of the claims you receive. Didn't start that way but it has trended down for the past several years. Adjusters took the pay cuts while office staff stays fat and happy. Think upper management took a pay cut? Yea, right. Want a raise? Good Luck! You drive your personal vehicle into the ground..about 35-40k miles a year with virtually no reimbursement. The reimbursement you do receive hardly covers gas, forget about the wear and tear on your vehicle and depreciation.. Not unheard of to spend 10- 12 hours in the field driving/inspecting and then coming back to your office and writing for another 8-10 hours..yes you had better not be late on a file. Sleep? They don't care, Family obligations? , Eagle doesn't care if you have a family. Bonus pay?. Yep, about $50 a quarter maybe. Forget about a Merry Christmas from Eagle. Upper management appears to have no idea what adjusters are required to do for the carriers which is why they low ball contracts with carriers and pay little to nothing for the claims you write. Little to no respect for what adjusters are doing in the field. Management is non existent basically and when you do hear form them its all about motivating with fear. Required to work 7 days a week for as many hours as it takes..70 hours a week is not unheard of.. 4 day turn around on virtually all claims hence the 70 hours a week. Did I mention the pay is pathetically low? CEO is an attorney, never has been an adjuster..need I say more?

More respect for the field adjusters( better pay and reimbursement / car allowance, more work life balance), the adjusters are making you the money. If it weren't for the adjusters there would be no Eagle. Remember, Not everyone is cut out to be an adjuster. You can recruit wet behind the ears college grads all you want but they are not adjusters and you know it.

A complete waste of time

Former Employee - Entry Level Adjuster in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Adjuster in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Use them to gain experience to work for better companies

Cons

36k salary minus up to 90% gas prices and no company vehicle

Offer a company vehicle and better gas reimbursement and much more ethical
    Hiring practices.

Field Adjuster

Former Employee - AIT Adjuster In Training
    Former Employee - AIT Adjuster In Training

I worked at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They train you as if you know nothing and when you leave you have 80% of what you needed to do your job. The rest can only be learned in the field. Training department really is there to help.

Cons

You are on your own the minute you get home. No one will call you to see how you are doing. If you need help you need to ask. They don't explain the pay plan right at all in interview or training. If there is a way for you to get paid less in the plan figure that is how you get paid and take another 10% off

Fix your pay plan and pay adjusters the whole billable mileage, photo, etc...
    When an AIT asked to be cut of from claims to catch up, please do as they are learning.

Scrooge s workhouse

Former Employee - Field Adjuster in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Field Adjuster in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pros at eagle are the field personnel. The staff, with the exception of training, are all self centered soul less money grabbers.

Cons

Don't add eagle to your resume. Your next employer knows how they are, and if you sleep with dogs, you start to smell like them!

Get a job that does not require any management skills,.. It may better suit you

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As an entry level independent claims adjuster I made more money in my first year then I ever would have hoped for. The training staff and supervisors are excellent and very capable.

Cons

You need to be an independent and highly motivated individual to work here. Do not expect to have your hand held. Research the job before you apply so you know what you are getting into. Long hours and lots of travel.

Need a more structured pyramid style for management. For the 8 months of my employment I did not know who to talk to for days off etc.

Souless company - Harshest management I've ever encountered.

Current Employee - Claims in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Claims in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros that I can think of. The work is spotty. When it's slow, tough bananas. When it's busy you can't get it done well enough.

Cons

What's five or six steps below "just a number"? Start there and go down.
    I never heard "good job" but heard a lot of "you suck" even when the work was good and the error was theirs.
    Cold, heartless company.
    Don't drink their kool-ade

11. An Excellent company to work for

I have been working at Eagle Adjusting Services full-time

Pros

Co-workers accross the country get along well and help each other.

Cons

Improving benefits int he future would be a positive

Keep up the good work