Eagle Applied Sciences Reviews

CEO

1. Data Entry Clerk

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working for E.A.S. as they were very professional and managed everything in a timely manner.

Cons

Contracted job rather than a full time job is my only negative.

2. Beware!

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences

Pros

They utilized the Deltek system which makes payroll simple.

Cons

They acquired a contract to manage Federal Occupational Health and left the employees with little information of their future, no communication to dedicated healthcare professionals . Terminated me and did not even tell me until I showed up for work and was told by other employees. I had never been written up or given negative feedback in three years and all they said was "You are terminated we will send you the paperwork in the mail" I had never been late or missed a day of work since my first day. My patients adored me as did my previous boss.

Advice to Management

Provide feedback to employees,

3. Great company to work for.

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences

Pros

People here are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

This was a contract based position with no position security.

5. The Best Company I ever worked for

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well managed, considerate and respectful of employees, fair

Cons

AL and SL could be better

Advice to Management

none - they are doing well

6. I was a contractor for Eagle stationed at Fort Leonard Wood

Former Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Leonard Wood, MO
    Former Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Being about to work independently, benefits, salary, and bonuses

Cons

Rural area with not many patients

7. Eagle should just fly away...

Current Employee - Tech in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Tech in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Eagle Applied Sciences

Pros

Great Benefits Above Average Pay BBNC is good parent company

Cons

- Been with company 2+ years and have yet to have a performance evaluation - Zero communication from management; won't even stop by and say hello when in building - Policy and Procedures are NOT followed - No growth opportunities; jobs are not posted but yet filled - Zero disciplinary actions - Management is clueless, non-existent

Advice to Management

Enough is enough...moral is about as low as it can get. You have absolutely zero communication with your staff, I have yet to see or hear about a spot bonus, we get NO praise on work but will get blanket policies because of 1-2 individuals abusing the system. Worse management I have been under in my 10+ years working for contracting companies. Sometimes it is the simple things and you guys can't even do that.

8. DOD Contracting at its WORST....

Current Employee - Computer Services in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Computer Services in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Eagle Applied Sciences

Pros

Compensation is above average, Benefits are top notch/cost effective

Cons

Management is clueless on how to run an effective "growth" oriented organization. They neglect their most important assest = employees. Too much double-standard treatments for employees; employees that should be terminated are retained in order to fill a vacant DOD contracting position. Extremely inefficient hiring practices - some people are just "hired off the street" without checking backgrounds or historical work performance. Instead of addressing "specific" employee issues, they send down a blanket mandate policy to PUNISH everyone for letting the individual continue with poor work habits - yet another example of the incompetent leadership.

Advice to Management

If you don't pay attention to what your most important asset(s) are telling you in regards to potential "problems" - you will be doomed. Instead of worring about filling the next slot, worry about filling the slot with "quality" not quantity....the DOD will soon catch on that you are just "filling" billable slots and decide to award zero contracts. Also, too much dead weight at the corporate office - tired of you taking MY bonus money just to have a "new" plant in your new office.

9. The Best Company That I Worked For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asia (Colombia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asia (Colombia)

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. A very excellent salary. I am an overseas contractor who works with the U.S. military and salary-wise, Eagle Applied Sciences, LLC vastly beat the company that had the contract prior to Eagle and the company that had the contract after Eagle. 2. A better 401k plan 3. A better continuing education benefits package 4. Program managers who cared about their employees.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. Even though the time difference between where I worked and the States was great, I always got a reply to an e-mail very quickly. (Even thought it was nighttime in the states when I sent many of my e-mails, my Program Managers oftentimes replied within minutes.) When the tsunami hit Japan, my Program Manager frequently contacted me and the other contractors who worked for Eagle to ask how we were doing and to assure us that if need be, Eagle would get us out of the country ASAP. Other contractors who worked for other companies complained that their e-mails were not answered and that their companies didn't seem to care about them. And, working overseas, managerial support is almost crucial.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

RSS Feed </> Embed