Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
1.8

Thomas A Fabyanic

The work can be interesting if given an opportunity to participate. Other than that I can't think of anything else.

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Hampton, VA

I worked at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work can be interesting if given an opportunity to participate. Other than that I can't think of anything else to say to make this a 20 word minimun statement.

Cons

I don't know the guy personally, but the head guy in charge of daily operations runs the place like a dictator. He is the only one that has any authority (except CEO) and he is the judge, jury, and executioner (R&D, engineering, and Manufacturing). His way or the highway, behaves as if everyone else is inferior to him. During the interview, he made it clear that, not in so many words, but that they were doing me a favor and didn't really want to hire me but had no other candidates. It was demeaning and rude. They hired me on a 90 day probationary period after which they gave me some mundane project to work on and the rest of the time I was bored out of my mind; so bored that I went to the bathroom regularly to sleep. It was obvious that the other employees were unhappy, but scared to say or do anything. The "stink eye" was used regularly.

Delegate

Terrible company to work for.

I worked at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc (more than 8 years)

Pros

none to list about this company

Cons

terrible company to work for, they only take care of themselves. Do not give raises and do not give insentives for your dedication and hard work.

Start taking care of your employees

Not really interested in customers or employees satisafaction.

Former Employee - Production Planner in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Hampton, VA

I worked at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started my employment as a composite technician and it was a smaller company, it had a real "family" atmosphere, pay was better than I expected and benefits especially vacation/sick time was very generous.

Cons

In a word, upper management, constantly micro managing every aspect of day to day operations, As I changed job functions to Production Planner due to my expertism mostly interested in the bottom line profit, they seem to say to hell with customer satisfaction, employee safety, codes compliance and a host of other quality related issues. The company has seen massive turn-over in all levels of their work situations, engineering, machine shop, administration and composite shops have been a revolving door of employees for various reason, but primarily due to disagreements with upper management on various production, safety, human resource and quality issues. They seem to have a very poor attitude for both their customers and the vendors that serve them. Getting paid on payday was an issue twice while I was there and the company has a reputation for late and non-payment to their supplying vendors and material sources.
    Thje owner tends to be very vindictive if he feels that you dis-agree with any of his decisions. They have some very capable middle managers who for the most part are stymied by the micro-management from senior management. Pay increases are very minimal and doing an excellent job and being praised by immediate supervisors carries no weight and will not help you advance in pay any quicker. Overtime for most of the shop level people is very often mandatory but then Upper management constantly comp[lain about staff hours to supervisors which sends a mixed message to employees, who while I was there for my seven years, worked the overtime with no grumbling. Most of the employees I knew were very dedicated and skilled personal but were long suffering of the atmosphere perpetrated by the Owner and his two partners.

They need to allow the competent people they have hired as managers do their job and stop trying to micro-manage everything. Human resources needs a dedicated person to handle grievances and issues for the employees and Quality for the customers and employee Safety need to become the focus beside making the dollar, Longevity for this company will depend on them improving their image with customers, vendors and employees alike.

Garage Company

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn valuable skills in composites as well as aerospace

Cons

-zero oppuritunity for advancement
    -terrible upper management
    -base compensation laughable
    -little to no performance based raises or bonuses
    -zero communication between all levels of management
    -engineering turnover rate is high because the CEO/Head Engineer(yes he holds both titles) treats employees like slaves

-offer employees something other than donuts for meeting major project deadlines that have never been met over the course of that job.
    -share profit with loyal and valuable employees instead of buying new cars and nose jobs
    (CEO is Emmit Wallace/Bruce Bailey NOT Thomas A Fabyanic)

Advanced Technologies and Design, Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A fast-paced, high demand environment, ETL provides quick turnaround on customer demands for aviation prototype composites and hardware. The work flow is continuous, so there's no down time. Many of the engineers here are friendly, knowledgeable, and creative. Insurance coverage and health policies are adequate. Excellent in-house machine shop and experienced composite shop will aid in design-to-product turnaround. You learn a great deal in a short time working as an engineer at Eagle. It's a good place to start your engineering career out of school or to learn, design, and product hardware using advanced materials and material processes.

Cons

Cheap. The mantra may be to "do it fast, do it right, and stay in budget," but the budgets are laughable. The upper management provides little in the ways of bettering the workplace environment. Drop tile ceilings are stained and drooping, the roof leaks, there are large open holes in the wall that have been here for years, but employees are eviscerated if they leave extra papers near the printer. Employee/superior communications are curt and severe. Terms and phrases like "crucifixion", "hammering", and "failure" are thrown around constantly. Micromanagement leads to huge problems, and problems roll down to engineering every time, regardless of true source of fault. No one working here has the allusion that the management cares at all about employee personal life or work place safety and satisfaction.

In the prototype design world, the saying often goes, "Fail early to succeed sooner." Here it's "Fail and suffer the consequential belittling lecture."

Follow standard engineering documentation practices, practice what you preach, and allow engineering managers to guide program timelines and budgets. Provide greater compensation to loyal employees, and put some money back into the building. Continue to add to the work flow but don't overstretch engineers.

Unique Rotor-craft design opportunities at the expense of inadequate management, high turnover, and work/life balance.

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Hampton, VA

I worked at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-High exposure to challenging and unique rotor-craft composite design work

-Diversity of engineering work including design/analysis, manufacturing, and testing

-Competitive compensation & benefits (if initially negotiated)

Cons

-Workload is consistently unreasonably high and often requires program-wide overtime for months on end.

-Advancement is nearly non-existent

-High turnover in engineering department results in significant juggling of project assignments.

-IT infrastructure is ineffective or non-existent for the level of computing workflow required

-Diversify core management roles and/or hire additional management staff

-Hire dedicated project managers in lieu of combination staff engineer / project engineer approach.

-Implement a standing IT position to build and maintain core server and user infrastructure.

-Fix the leaking roof (literally leaking for over 2 years).

A young company with a good future but still needs to mature a little.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Eagle Aviation Technologies Inc

Pros

Responsability and Respect for my job performance and ability

Cons

Compensation and sharing of important "big picture" information. Company has a reputation for not paying their bills on time and employees hear feedback from vendors, suppliers and competition within our industry.

More respect and information sharing with the employees and more attention to detail when dealing with Human Resources issues.