Eagle Ray

Updated September 13, 2014
2.0

CEO

Disappointing experience

I worked at Eagle Ray (more than an year)

Pros

I cannot think of any real "pros" working at this company.

Cons

As an employee I never interacted with the corporate office management. Only met the junior level HR assistants when hired. My direct manager was incompetent. Management does not seem to understand exactly what each individual's job is or the technical work that needs to be done by their employees. The only thing that anyone in this organization cares about is the corporate reputation. This organization relies heavy on gossip and office politics in making their decisions.

Higher competent managers who understand their jobs.

Lacking good management

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Eagle Ray full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None really except for health, dental, vision, 401k. Then move on.

Cons

I was there for a 3 months. There were many complaints around me about management that I was seeing. So I know that I was not alone in my observations.

Go to school.

If you are a cleared professional you have your pick of employers...Do NOT choose this one

I have been working at Eagle Ray as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It is hard to think of any

Cons

To start with the company recently laid-off nearly half of one of their clients, they decided to do this at the client site. They do not seek out qualified people, they seek-out warm bodies to fill contracts. As a result they have brought in people with the wrong skill sets and backgrounds to execute work. Communication is horrid. The company drops people off at the client site and then provides absolutely no guidance on even the most basic administrative things that need to be done. For example, one of my coworkers was yelled at his first week for not filling in comments every day on his time sheet, despite the fact it was NEVER communicated to him he needed to do this. This type of behavior was consistent and seriously damaging to the morale of our team, to the point where every talented person ended up leaving.

Do your research when taking client work you have no experience in and pay a decent salary to build a strong team who is capable of leading and training your staff. Take the time to do something as simple as putting together a one page checklist for new employees, so they
    can comply with expectations.
    are

Awesome company!!!

Current Employee - Workforce Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Workforce Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at Eagle Ray as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with awesome benefits. The corporate staff are some of the smartest business people on the planet that have a unique ability of focusing on employees while still growing a strong company.

Cons

None to mention at this time.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Most unprofessional management staff I have ever dealt with

I have been working at Eagle Ray full-time

Pros

They do respect life/work balance

Cons

I have not dealt with one person at this firm who demonstrates an ounce of professionalism. They make their living by claims to be a small, impoverished women owned Federal contractor. Top management is far from impoverished. Management doesn't seem to care about quality or competence- only that their employees have a pulse and a clearance. Many of the managers have the maturity of teenagers, and seem to thrive on petty gossip. Rather than reward top performers, they appear to prefer employees who don't show at client meetings and don't professionally carry out their duties.

Rise above the personal favoritism and reward high performing individuals. Address employee concerns swiftly to ease tensions. Address the root cause of problems, rather than temporary easement, even if it means a temporary loss of revenue.