Eagle Ray Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. Working at Eagle Ray

I have been working at Eagle Ray

Pros

The company has a very good work/life balance with a lot of flexibility (ie. working from home). Management is receptive to employee feedback and open to change when necessary.

Cons

The company is small with only a few medium/large contracts. Therefore, there isn't a lot of opportunity to move around within the company. Benefits are just ok. Vacation time is average. Employee Contribution for employee's is very costly.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business as this will benefit both the company and it's employees.

2. Awesome company!!!

Current Contractor - Workforce Management in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Workforce Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at Eagle Ray as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with awesome benefits. The corporate staff are some of the smartest business people on the planet that have a unique ability of focusing on employees while still growing a strong company.

Cons

None to mention at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

3. Mixed review

I worked at Eagle Ray

Pros

Honest company that keeps its ducks in a row. They conduct their business above board and genuinely want to work with clients and partners. The staff are capable and always stepping up to the plate for their work. Executives are sharp and very driven, aim for the bottom line, and want to work out solutions to problems with clients and partners alike. Set and maintain high bars for performance and client/partner satisfaction.

Cons

Inflexible and ridiculously dedicated/dependent on process and procedure. Everything must go "by the numbers" and any upset, change or miscommunication (minor or major alike) becomes a panicked storm of emails. Their heavy reliance on telecommuting makes it difficult and inefficient to get necessary individuals in the same room and manage issues/situations/problems. Executives maintain a tough and overly demanding "sink or swim" corporate culture regarding employees. Performance reviews are needlessly over developed and seem geared at getting employees to work even harder than they already are. Executives seem little or not concerned with protecting or helping develop employees and their performance.

Advice to Management

Reduce reliance on processes, procedures and "written in stone" mindset. Back office operations often require a level of flexibility that is not convenient or welcome in the company's overall culture. Show more consideration and commitment to employees, and/or be more pro-active about working with them to fix or resolve performance issues (perceived or real). Quit taking yourselves so seriously.

5. Disappointing experience

I worked at Eagle Ray (More than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any real "pros" working at this company.

Cons

As an employee I never interacted with the corporate office management. Only met the junior level HR assistants when hired. My direct manager was incompetent. Management does not seem to understand exactly what each individual's job is or the technical work that needs to be done by their employees. The only thing that anyone in this organization cares about is the corporate reputation. This organization relies heavy on gossip and office politics in making their decisions.

Advice to Management

Higher competent managers who understand their jobs.

6. Lacking good management

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Eagle Ray full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really except for health, dental, vision, 401k. Then move on.

Cons

I was there for a 3 months. There were many complaints around me about management that I was seeing. So I know that I was not alone in my observations.

Advice to Management

Go to school.

7. If you are a cleared professional you have your pick of employers...Do NOT choose this one

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Eagle Ray as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It is hard to think of any

Cons

To start with the company recently laid-off nearly half of one of their clients, they decided to do this at the client site. They do not seek out qualified people, they seek-out warm bodies to fill contracts. As a result they have brought in people with the wrong skill sets and backgrounds to execute work. Communication is horrid. The company drops people off at the client site and then provides absolutely no guidance on even the most basic administrative things that need to be done. For example, one of my coworkers was yelled at his first week for not filling in comments every day on his time sheet, despite the fact it was NEVER communicated to him he needed to do this. This type of behavior was consistent and seriously damaging to the morale of our team, to the point where every talented person ended up leaving.

Advice to Management

Do your research when taking client work you have no experience in and pay a decent salary to build a strong team who is capable of leading and training your staff. Take the time to do something as simple as putting together a one page checklist for new employees, so they
    can comply with expectations.
    are

8. Most unprofessional management staff I have ever dealt with

I have been working at Eagle Ray full-time

Pros

They do respect life/work balance

Cons

I have not dealt with one person at this firm who demonstrates an ounce of professionalism. They make their living by claims to be a small, impoverished women owned Federal contractor. Top management is far from impoverished. Management doesn't seem to care about quality or competence- only that their employees have a pulse and a clearance. Many of the managers have the maturity of teenagers, and seem to thrive on petty gossip. Rather than reward top performers, they appear to prefer employees who don't show at client meetings and don't professionally carry out their duties.

Advice to Management

Rise above the personal favoritism and reward high performing individuals. Address employee concerns swiftly to ease tensions. Address the root cause of problems, rather than temporary easement, even if it means a temporary loss of revenue.