Eames Consulting Group Reviews

4.3
Matthew Eames

1. Positive working environment, supportive culture but given autonomy in role

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group

Pros

The people here and relationships you build here. It is a very supportive community where there is real sheared knowledge and collaboration and you can turn to anyone in the business for advice. But you are also given the opportunity to build your own desk, and not be micromanaged. Eames have a strong reputation and were one of my biggest competitors while in my previous company.

Cons

If you aren't in early enough, the biscuit tin gets eaten pretty quick!

Advice to Management

Stay connected to all areas of the business, don't rely on reporting lines.

2. Fantastic culture with great infrastructure to succeed with very credible individuals in their specialist areas.

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing and ambitious business at the perfect point of growth to join to have an impact. Great balance of existing relationships to leverage from plus also the room to still make an impact. Strong brand and presence in the market place to leverage from the existing client base but also will allow you to realistically compete for new business in a very competitive sector. Very collaborative in culture - not often seen at other competitors. A "grown up" culture in comparison to other consultancies that will suit those who can genuinely self manage and motivate without questions.

Cons

None that I can think of

3. A place that encourages growth and development

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames has a brilliant ethos of encouraging internal promotions and progression within the company. You are encouraged to have a voice and express any opinions you have, you are also made to feel that your ideas are listened to and appreciated. There is a great social balance with senior and junior staff socialising outside of work together, everyone is made to feel welcome and part of the Eames family. Good training programs in place for new and established staff.

Cons

There isn't much the company offers support and training to those who need it and rewards generously when people do well.

5. Restored my faith in the Recruitment industry

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was on the cusp of leaving recruitment as an industry and going into sales when I left my last job as I had become disillusioned with poor senior Management, moving goal posts and changing targets and not having the opportunity to have a greater say in the business, but following an excellent 18months at Eames I'm delighted I stayed with it. Here I am treated like a grown-up and empowered to make decisions influencing the growth of my desk and my business. The business have invested in training for me which has helped in a number of areas. Great atmosphere in the office and the companies top billers are approachable and happy to help those who ask. Bought into senior management who are readily available to help with any issues that need escalation.

Cons

Commission changed at the start of the year which was initially a concern, but has definitely changed for the better and means I'm earning more money.

6. Dynamic fast paced culture which rewards success.

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lucrative commission scheme. Culture of promoting from within. Experienced consultants who genuinely want to help their colleagues and grow the business. Strong client base which is continually growing as a business development culture is firmly routed within the organisation. Well known brand within the insurance market, no call is ever a completely cold call. Managers and Directors listen to staff concerns and questions and seek to resolve them as honestly and as quickly as possible. Social culture, staff of all seniorities get on well. with each other.

Cons

Cross selling of other verticals within the business when speaking with clients could be improved upon. Although this is a minor point and something that is improving steadily.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture of listening to staff and keeping them informed around internal developments.

7. Dynamic, forward thinking company with great rewards for sucess.

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Market reputation, friendly and collaborative staff, strong support from senior management, excellent opportunities to drive ones own success with a strong infrastructure base to drive this forward from.

Cons

Not a lot, companyy rewards and supports employees in their quest to achieve their financial and professional goals.

Advice to Management

Ensure there is continual collaboration between the different teams to ensure visibility to clients of different teams expertise across the market. Ensure the entrepenurial spirit of the company is maintained. This spirit and atmosphere is a key factor in driving forward my worth ethic and commitment to the organisation.

8. Consultative, strong brand presence, good people in business who know their areas well

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small enough that your opinion still counts, you have a say, big enough to compete with much larger agencies Very consultative in approach to both candidates and clients, More experienced colleagues then junior - credible group of individuals in insurance/FS space Hand on heart absolutely love working here - feel part of the business, feel engaged and listened too Good rep in market means it is not hard to drive business forward I have circa 20 years recruitment experience and this is one of the only firms where the CEO and senior management work closely with the clients and consultants - are effectively still recruiting and helping to drive business through the door, helping to facilitate introductions and have their finger on the pulse

Cons

Communication across different business areas was definitely a concern but with most things this is down to what you as an individual are willing to do about it - over the course of 2014 have seen areas taking responsibility to step up and work in collaboration across different areas

Advice to Management

To keep sharing information, to continue to allow people opportunity to be more involved across projects and business vision

9. Dynamic atmosphere, great colleagues with offices in a cool area

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company looks after employees and their career development. Definitely generous when it comes to perks.

Cons

This is recruitment so it is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Definitely need to communicate more with staff

10. Professional - work hard, play hard culture

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wide range of clients - good market profile and a genuine worldwide presence

Cons

Aggressive sales culture starting to deviate from more consultancy style environment, there is a divide growing between the old guard and new starters

Advice to Management

Communicate directly with more junior staff don't rely on middle managers as they simply do not carry the message and it builds resentment

11. Used to be great but gone downhill over the last year or so

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices (except location) and some lovely people.

Cons

Senior Management. Owner too egotistical and not a people person with very little emotional IQ Management are inexperienced and overly process driven. Micro Management and control.

Advice to Management

Get a good leader who knows how to motivate and run a recruitment business. The last MD hasnt been replaced and this is a big mistake.

RSS Feed </> Embed